July 2019 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Re: July 2019 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by Forrest Gump »

AbbyJr wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:15 pm I'd like to see at least one short lived heat wave. Pretty boring summer so far, but it's nice to be smoke free.
I'm glad you said short lived although the heat doesn't really bother me but usually there's a few whiners around. August is probably the worst month for forest fires but I definitely hope the trend continues for later in August as I'm going to Nakusp and Nelson for a few days of relaxation in 3 different hot springs and then visit my sister on the way back who bought a summer home in Sicamous.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Abby_wx wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:49 pm It's definitely been more regular than we're accustomed to in July. We typically get most of our July precip in two or three events.

The amounts themselves haven't been anything spectacular, though. Most stations are just near or slightly above average for the month.
Being regular is definitely better than being constipated and then having a couple of explosions. :tp:

I'm certainly not seeing any precipitation out my way unless it's happening overnight but by morning I don't see any evidence of it , maybe the white rock rain gauge tells a different story. Speaking of rain gauges wasn't sardineman supposed to reveal his new fandangled fancy pancy whatchamacallit thingamabob a few days ago? Maybe some technical difficulties. :progress:

I can certainly believe those rain totals in North Van as reported by antler man , apparently a couple of weeks ago they opened up the dam for a short while just enough time to give the salmon at the mouth of the Capilano to dart up the river towards the hatchery , thus the beach fishing at ambleside was poor when I went yesterday , not many fish showing/surfacing .
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Beautiful summer so far
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

John wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:31 pm Beautiful summer so far
I'll pretend I'm sardineman....O.K.
Did I say that right?
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:53 am Being regular is definitely better than being constipated and then having a couple of explosions. :tp:

I'm certainly not seeing any precipitation out my way unless it's happening overnight but by morning I don't see any evidence of it , maybe the white rock rain gauge tells a different story. Speaking of rain gauges wasn't sardineman supposed to reveal his new fandangled fancy pancy whatchamacallit thingamabob a few days ago? Maybe some technical difficulties. :progress:

I can certainly believe those rain totals in North Van as reported by antler man , apparently a couple of weeks ago they opened up the dam for a short while just enough time to give the salmon at the mouth of the Capilano to dart up the river towards the hatchery , thus the beach fishing at ambleside was poor when I went yesterday , not many fish showing/surfacing .
Yes l've had some issues with my new weather whichamacallit, l'm back at work so I'll work on it on my days off this week. Congrats ole Stuffers on your upcoming new addition next winter. Way to go Ty my man on your Bowron lakes trip your Mr. athletic man. Sounds like Mr. M is enjoying his cariboo trip and the fishing, Hound you need to hurry up and have kids too you lazy pup :lol: Gumps you need to get away more :lol: Hawker trof after trof l guess hawks vocabulary is limited. Ms. Creeker glad you had some rainfall the other night northern areas got hammered last Friday night. Lots of excitement up your way float plane crash off Sechelt and that small forest fire afew weeks back. And yes Johnny it's been a beautiful uneventful summer. :D
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Leighbugs

Post by Leighbugs »

Congrats Stuffradio and Mrs. Stuffradio! That's great news! I guess we shouldn't cheer for a blizzard around her due date? Haha
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:31 pm Beautiful summer so far
Absolutely fantastic. More like this please :thumbup:
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:25 am I'm glad you said short lived although the heat doesn't really bother me but usually there's a few whiners around. August is probably the worst month for forest fires but I definitely hope the trend continues for later in August as I'm going to Nakusp and Nelson for a few days of relaxation in 3 different hot springs and then visit my sister on the way back who bought a summer home in Sicamous.
I am one of those whiners. I have no idea why but I swear my entire being stops functioning above like 25C. I dont want to do anything or even think. I sweat like a pig just walking out the door :lol: it doesn't really make sense. Most people are heat lovers. I get it for recreation, but for those of us who work, I cant figure out the value of a 30+C day. I grew up In kelowna too.
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

Leighbugs wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 am Congrats Stuffradio and Mrs. Stuffradio! That's great news! I guess we shouldn't cheer for a blizzard around her due date? Haha
We’ll work around it. Haha!
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator
Elevation: 162 M./532 ft.

Post by Roberts Creeker »

SWS up for the Sunshine Coast,

'Early August Heavy Rainfall for Vancouver Island and the South Coast of British Columbia.'

I wonder if it will actually deliver.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Tofino might get 100mm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Leighbugs wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 am Congrats Stuffradio and Mrs. Stuffradio! That's great news! I guess we shouldn't cheer for a blizzard around her due date? Haha
Why not , stuffman likes to live on the edge...of glory!
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
drbils
Casual Observer
Casual Observer
Elevation: Sea level

Post by drbils »

I'm worried about my tomatoes blowing over if it gets too windy on Friday. What direction will the wind be coming from? :cry:
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Roberts Creeker wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:17 pm SWS up for the Sunshine Coast,

'Early August Heavy Rainfall for Vancouver Island and the South Coast of British Columbia.'

I wonder if it will actually deliver.
Extremely rare for this time of year. This is typically the heart of the dry season.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Sunshine coast and Island look to be ground zero. Heavy rain Friday morning.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)