Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Re: Sports Talk

Post by PortKells »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 pm Wowzers Hughes tonight against the Preds was a monster! Nice way to bteak the 4 game loosing streak. 6-2 l can't believe how bad the Pteds are this year. :crazy:
Hughes has an outside chance of the all time highest points scoring season by a Canucks defenseman. :o
Is that incredibly impressive or incredibly sad?
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:00 pm Hughes has an outside chance of the all time highest points scoring season by a Canucks defenseman. :o
Ah the old trick question it's great if your a Knuckle fan or sad for Avs fans following Cale Makar. Nice rookie race though on a side note Mcgreat is out 2 to 3 weeks with an injury that's bad timing for that 1 trick pony team.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

On a side note the Lions picked up some decent players in the free agency opening, they should be much mote improved.
Whitecaps l'm not sure what to make of them still rebuilding l suppose.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

PortKells wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:00 pm Hughes has an outside chance of the all time highest points scoring season by a Canucks defenseman. :o
I think Sardineman misinterpreted your statement/question

I'd say both impressive and sad. Impressive that he could do it as a rookie and of course it's sad that it's taken 50 years to get a bona fide high calibre number 1 defenseman who can log big minutes and quarterback the power play. But I'm sure the canucks are not alone, there must be other teams who have never had a so called number 1 defenseman . Having said that Doug Lidster's 63 pts was not too shabby , and Paul Reinhart was probably the closest we ever had to being that high end defenseman, he would've gotten more than 63 pts but missed a bunch of games, he was injury prone though and I think his career was cut short because of it. Also he wasn't a canucks draft pick.
canucks-defencemen-scoring.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 pm I think Sardineman misinterpreted your statement/question

I'd say both impressive and sad. Impressive that he could do it as a rookie and of course it's sad that it's taken 50 years to get a bona fide high calibre number 1 defenseman who can log big minutes and quarterback the power play. But I'm sure the canucks are not alone, there must be other teams who have never had a so called number 1 defenseman . Having said that Doug Lidster's 63 pts was not too shabby , and Paul Reinhart was probably the closest we ever had to being that high end defenseman, he would've gotten more than 63 pts but missed a bunch of games, he was injury prone though and I think his career was cut short because of it. Also he wasn't a canucks draft pick.

canucks-defencemen-scoring.png
The mixed reaction to the Hughes pick makes me giggle. What a steal at 7th. Bouchard Dobson and boqvist are several tiers lower.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Wow on Sedins retirement jersey night Markstrom is absolutely lights out, after 2 periods outshot 30-16 and up 2-0.
Just impressed how he's evolved as a goaltender. :shock: Wow! Markstrom shut out! 49 saves!
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:24 pm Wow on Sedins retirement jersey night Markstrom is absolutely lights out, after 2 periods outshot 30-16 and up 2-0.
Just impressed how he's evolved as a goaltender. :shock: Wow! Markstrom shut out! 49 saves!
Great retirement ceremony for the Sedins,a couple of good jokes thrown in there by Bieksa.

Atrocious officiating tonight, but Marky wasn't going let that get in the way of a canucks victory on Sedins night.

Teams have no answer for canucks new winning formula , rope-a-dope hockey , Mohammed Ali would be proud . Other teams will start emulating them. :lol: :crazy: .
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Forrest Gump wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 pm Great retirement ceremony for the Sedins,a couple of good jokes thrown in there by Bieksa.

Atrocious officiating tonight, but Marky wasn't going let that get in the way of a canucks victory on Sedins night.

Teams have no answer for canucks new winning formula , rope-a-dope hockey , Mohammed Ali would be proud . Other teams will start emulating them. :lol: :crazy: .
It was an amazing night. Gotta say about the officiating though, what a great throwback to the Sedin era, what with all the calls going Chicago's way after that first no-goal :lol: :lol:
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

VanCitySouth wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:10 am It was an amazing night. Gotta say about the officiating though, what a great throwback to the Sedin era, what with all the calls going Chicago's way after that first no-goal :lol: :lol:
It's sure nice now the tide is turning the last 4 or 5 years teams would pick up an easy 2 points on the Knucks.
Not anymore l still worry about our team toughness if Ferland doesn't come back l'm thinking Benning will go after a Wayne Simmonds at the trade deadline. I hope Leivo is back in March l like him. :thumbup:
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I musr say if your a Coilers fan you must be grimacing at the fact that the old Kassian is back.
He's going to be a distraction for the Coils he's been suspended 7 games for that kick on the Lightning player on Thursday night.
Makes you wonder why other teams passed on him what a goon. :roll:
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Kuncks were absolutely horrible against the Ducks, they don't deserve to be in first and there not after the Coilers beat the Canes in OT to move ahead of the Knucks by 1 point.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

With Boesers injury sounds like Benning had to do something. Out at least 3 weeks rib fracture or something. Still thinking a Wayne Simmonds type deal to stick up for Petey.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:46 pm With Boesers injury sounds like Benning had to do something. Out at least 3 weeks rib fracture or something. Still thinking a Wayne Simmonds type deal to stick up for Petey.
After picking up Toffoli I don't think there's any way JB goes after Simmonds, he's done nothing this year anyways, to be worth anything in the playoffs you still have to produce. Also JB better not be giving up more assets, only elite teams do that and they're not close yet. They'll make a believer out of me if they make a deep playoff run.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:04 pm After picking up Toffoli I don't think there's any way JB goes after Simmonds, he's done nothing this year anyways, to be worth anything in the playoffs you still have to produce. Also JB better not be giving up more assets, only elite teams do that and they're not close yet. They'll make a believer out of me if they make a deep playoff run.
Yeah but now Gumps if we make the playoffs and now after this trade we won't pick till the third round. :lol:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm Yeah but now Gumps if we make the playoffs and now after this trade we won't pick till the third round. :lol:
Exactly my dear Watson. And 2020 is supposed to be a deep stellar draft class, sure hope he can recoup some picks by trading Sutter or Beagle or both. Unfortunately Lee Majors is probably untradeable.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm