Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Forrest Gump
Weather Nut
Weather Nut
Elevation: 377 Ft.

Re: Sports Talk

Post by Forrest Gump » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm

VanCitySouth wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 am
No Masters talk? Exciting first 3 days!
Didn't think we had any golfers or golf fans. I like to golf once in a while but now that I'm retired I've already hit the links more often this year than all of last year. And generally I dont watch a lot of golf but I was definitely glued to my tv the last few days , don't think anyone gave tiger a chance to win another major.
Forrest Gump
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by Forrest Gump » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Bonovox wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:52 pm
Pretty remarkable victory for Tiger.
Amazing stuff considering no one gave him a chance after all those surgeries. He didn't have a great final round but steady enough as everyone around him collapsed down the stretch.
VanCitySouth
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am

Forrest Gump wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm
Didn't think we had any golfers or golf fans. I like to golf once in a while but now that I'm retired I've already hit the links more often this year than all of last year. And generally I dont watch a lot of golf but I was definitely glued to my tv the last few days , don't think anyone gave tiger a chance to win another major.
Oh I love me some golf. Huge story today, some people calling it the greatest sporting comeback of all time, and with good reason. Man should barely be able to walk after all those injuries, let alone win another major.

Side note, all this park board talk of doing something with Langara has me a little concerned because that's pretty much my home course.
Bonovox
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher

Post by Bonovox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:29 pm

What are they doing with Langara? I grew up 2 blocks away from there. Used to walk the trail around the course almost every evening in the summer.
Delta (Sunshine Hills)
Elevation: 278 feet
Forrest Gump
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by Forrest Gump » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:18 pm

I used to live a few blocks from Queen Elizabeth park , so not that far from langara , I used to love playing tennis under the lights at the tennis courts at langara college. Only golfed once at Langara golf course.
VanCitySouth
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Bonovox wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:29 pm
What are they doing with Langara? I grew up 2 blocks away from there. Used to walk the trail around the course almost every evening in the summer.
I think they want to take some of the land and repurpose it, and shrink the golf course. There have been rumours for a while now but they keep going away and coming back. When I talked to the golf course staff about this last fall, they said the park board wasn't doing anything, but last week it came up on the news again.
AbbyJr
Weather Tracker
Weather Tracker
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 pm

The Pens and Lightning have now won just as many playoff games this year as the Canucks did. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)
Forrest Gump
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by Forrest Gump » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm

AbbyJr wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 pm
The Pens and Lightning have now won just as many playoff games this year as the Canucks did. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Good point , all these upsets and upsets in the making has me yearning for some playoff hockey in Vancouver, but the canucks still have a ways to go to match the skill, skating,and intensity level of some of these teams.
Sardisbcwx
Weather Fanatic
Weather Fanatic

Post by Sardisbcwx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Forrest Gump wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm
I told you Gorilla glue works Gumpers. :lol: yes it was an amazing win for Tiger.
Sardisbcwx
Weather Fanatic
Weather Fanatic

Post by Sardisbcwx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Forrest Gump wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm
Good point , all these upsets and upsets in the making has me yearning for some playoff hockey in Vancouver, but the canucks still have a ways to go to match the skill, skating,and intensity level of some of these teams.
I agree as well with the season the Lightning had I don't feel bad as well, that has to be absolutely stunning for the Lightning fans though as well as pens fans.