Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Re: Sports Talk

Post by Bonovox »

Haha that’s cool. Well, I hope you win, if only for a better draft pick for the Oilers.

Nope, born and raised in the lower mainland. I became an Oilers fan through my uncle. He grew up during the Gretzky/Messier/Kurri/Coffey days of the 80s. He would make me watch VHS tapes of their games when I was young, so it rubbed off on me I guess.
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Bonovox wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:24 pm Haha that’s cool. Well, I hope you win, if only for a better draft pick for the Oilers.

Nope, born and raised in the lower mainland. I became an Oilers fan through my uncle. He grew up during the Gretzky/Messier/Kurri/Coffey days of the 80s. He would make me watch VHS tapes of their games when I was young, so it rubbed off on me I guess.
Ahh , so you were forced and brainwashed! Typical cult strategies, get out while you can!

I'm actually quite surprised at how many members here are oilers fans, 4 or 5 that I know of.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:34 pm Ahh , so you were forced and brainwashed! Typical cult strategies, get out while you can!

I'm actually quite surprised at how many members here are oilers fans, 4 or 5 that I know of.
:lol: well with Knuckles hockey season coming to an end today it was at least an interesting season in that the Knucks were in the playoff race in the weak Western conference up until February, they also finish with more points than last years 73, and close to a 500 record the future looks bright with the kids I'm hoping. On a side note the White Craps look horrible this season, the Lions look like they might do well with QB Mike Reilly kinda sad that Lulay hung them up. Blue Jays look awful but the Mariners look decent but it's early just like Gumps golf game anything is possible. :lol: :crazy: :clap:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:35 am :lol: well with Knuckles hockey season coming to an end today it was at least an interesting season in that the Knucks were in the playoff race in the weak Western conference up until February, they also finish with more points than last years 73, and close to a 500 record the future looks bright with the kids I'm hoping. On a side note the White Craps look horrible this season, the Lions look like they might do well with QB Mike Reilly kinda sad that Lulay hung them up. Blue Jays look awful but the Mariners look decent but it's early just like Gumps golf game anything is possible. :lol: :crazy:
A little disappointed the way things have gone down in Utica , maybe our prospects are not as good as we thought? A lot of injuries down there too though.
Benning needs to snag another high end prospect in 1st round this June whatever position they're in , wouldn't it be cool to win the lottery for once in their lives and get another brother act to replace the twins.

Yes my golf game is still a little rusty but did manage to shoot one birdie to go along with a couple of pars at the Falls last week. I've never golfed this early in the season before , gone already 3 times! Gotta luv retirement! :thumbup: :wave:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Well I've been trying to hold off on that conspiracy of a draft lottery. :evil: I mean c'mon how do teams like New Jersey, Chicago constantly move up like that although I'm glad Colorado stumbled to the no.4 pick. It's not fair that teams like the Knucks get shafted year after year in Bettmans American biased draft lottery what a F**kly joke. :wtf: :thumbdown: :roll: :cry:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 pm Well I've been trying to hold off on that conspiracy of a draft lottery. :evil: I mean c'mon how do teams like New Jersey, Chicago constantly move up like that although I'm glad Colorado stumbled to the no.4 pick. It's not fair that teams like the Knucks get shafted year after year in Bettmans American biased draft lottery what a joke :thumbdown: :cry:
Canucks get ripped off again, I agree with Brian Burke's comments from a couple weeks ago, only have the bottom 5 teams in the lottery and disallow teams from winning the lottery multiple times within a few years ie oilers, devils etc. Teams like Chicago who have won the Cup 3 times in the last 10 years should not be given a crack at the best players at the draft,instead of picking 12th they get 3rd,that's absurd :!: :?: Having said that I hope Benning can steal a gem in the 10th slot , Colorado picked Rantanen at 10th a couple years ago and now he's one of the best players in the league.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:30 am A little disappointed the way things have gone down in Utica , maybe our prospects are not as good as we thought? A lot of injuries down there too though.
Benning needs to snag another high end prospect in 1st round this June whatever position they're in , wouldn't it be cool to win the lottery for once in their lives and get another brother act to replace the twins.

Yes my golf game is still a little rusty but did manage to shoot one birdie to go along with a couple of pars at the Falls last week. I've never golfed this early in the season before , gone already 3 times! Gotta luv retirement! :thumbup: :wave:
Lind and gadjovich picked up g-notes last night for what it's worth, only 4 each on the season. They're a year away from write offs, cross your fingers one of them figures it out. Juolevi is unfortunately not going to live up to #5 barring a miracle. Next years crop with madden and woo is certainly intriguing. But the lack of organizational depth is undeniable. Lack of draft picks is the problem.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Snowed_in wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm Lind and gadjovich picked up g-notes last night for what it's worth, only 4 each on the season. They're a year away from write offs, cross your fingers one of them figures it out. Juolevi is unfortunately not going to live up to #5 barring a miracle. Next years crop with madden and woo is certainly intriguing. But the lack of organizational depth is undeniable. Lack of draft picks is the problem.
I'm impressed with D man Jack Rathbone, I can see him being in the mix in a couple years , also William Lockwood , only problem with Lockwood is that he's going back for a 4th year of college and that means he could become a ufa at the end of next year and sign whomever he wants.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

No Masters talk? Exciting first 3 days!
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Bonovox

Post by Bonovox »

Pretty remarkable victory for Tiger.

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

VanCitySouth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 am No Masters talk? Exciting first 3 days!
Didn't think we had any golfers or golf fans. I like to golf once in a while but now that I'm retired I've already hit the links more often this year than all of last year. And generally I dont watch a lot of golf but I was definitely glued to my tv the last few days , don't think anyone gave tiger a chance to win another major.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Bonovox wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:52 pm Pretty remarkable victory for Tiger.
Amazing stuff considering no one gave him a chance after all those surgeries. He didn't have a great final round but steady enough as everyone around him collapsed down the stretch.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm Didn't think we had any golfers or golf fans. I like to golf once in a while but now that I'm retired I've already hit the links more often this year than all of last year. And generally I dont watch a lot of golf but I was definitely glued to my tv the last few days , don't think anyone gave tiger a chance to win another major.
Oh I love me some golf. Huge story today, some people calling it the greatest sporting comeback of all time, and with good reason. Man should barely be able to walk after all those injuries, let alone win another major.

Side note, all this park board talk of doing something with Langara has me a little concerned because that's pretty much my home course.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Bonovox

Post by Bonovox »

What are they doing with Langara? I grew up 2 blocks away from there. Used to walk the trail around the course almost every evening in the summer.

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

I used to live a few blocks from Queen Elizabeth park , so not that far from langara , I used to love playing tennis under the lights at the tennis courts at langara college. Only golfed once at Langara golf course.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm