Slack Channel

Look here for all the help, news or information regarding the forum and website.
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Slack Channel

Post by stuffradio » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi,
It's me again! I have created a slack workspace. This is not meant to replace the forum, but it's a way to instantly communicate with each other if you want. The Slack work space is https://bcstorms.slack.com/ and you can join by going here:
https://join.slack.com/t/bcstorms/share ... TBmYzA5N2U

What is slack? As I said, it's an instant chat app. You can download it on your phone or computer, or you can go on it on a website. I'm planning on continuing to release more improvements. I will be creating threads for public visibility to see my status on each feature, and I will be inviting participation. For example, I will be developing features to allow for weather warnings to pop up on the forum when Environment Canada issues them. In fact, I may even be starting to work on that feature tonight, and I will want people who want to help test that when I get to a point it can be tested. I'm on slack right now. I will maybe always be on slack. I won't always reply, especially during the day while I'm working. Continuous feedback is always welcome, and thank you to those who have donated towards continuing to allow improvements and new features to be created!
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator
Elevation: 162 M.
Re: Slack Channel

Post by Roberts Creeker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm

stuffradio wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm
Hi,
It's me again! I have created a slack workspace. This is not meant to replace the forum, but it's a way to instantly communicate with each other if you want. The Slack work space is https://bcstorms.slack.com/ and you can join by going here:
https://join.slack.com/t/bcstorms/share ... TBmYzA5N2U

What is slack? As I said, it's an instant chat app. You can download it on your phone or computer, or you can go on it on a website. I'm planning on continuing to release more improvements. I will be creating threads for public visibility to see my status on each feature, and I will be inviting participation. For example, I will be developing features to allow for weather warnings to pop up on the forum when Environment Canada issues them. In fact, I may even be starting to work on that feature tonight, and I will want people who want to help test that when I get to a point it can be tested. I'm on slack right now. I will maybe always be on slack. I won't always reply, especially during the day while I'm working. Continuous feedback is always welcome, and thank you to those who have donated towards continuing to allow improvements and new features to be created!
I like the weather warning pop up idea, will it say for where? I notice that I don't always get one here (like today) when other areas do.

I have a slack account but never really got the hang or using it and there wasn't much going on in the channel (?) that I am subscribed to but it's a good idea for people who want instant info.
Go team RAIN!!! :drizzle: A winner every week!
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Roberts Creeker wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm
I like the weather warning pop up idea, will it say for where? I notice that I don't always get one here (like today) when other areas do.

I have a slack account but never really got the hang or using it and there wasn't much going on in the channel (?) that I am subscribed to but it's a good idea for people who want instant info.
Slack isn't for everyone, I realize that. :) I haven't worked out the details about the weather warning yet.
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator
Elevation: 162 M.

Post by Roberts Creeker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 pm

stuffradio wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm
Slack isn't for everyone, I realize that. :) I haven't worked out the details about the weather warning yet.
I love all the extra things you and Hound are adding, it's making it much more useful and educational than it was before. Will be fun to see how many more people come to Weather Central. :clap: :clap:
Go team RAIN!!! :drizzle: A winner every week!
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:40 pm

I joined Slack... so I'm a slacker now! :throw:
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
Abby_wx
Elevation: 53 m (174 ft)

Post by Abby_wx » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 am

Thanks, but not for me. Nothing against slack, I just don't use chat programs. :)
:dragon:
South Abbotsford
53 meters (174 feet)

January 2020 Cold Snap Stats

Date/Lo/Hi/Snowfall(cm)
12/-7.4/3.9/2.0
13/-10.3/-7.3/1.0
14/-11.7/-9.7/2.0
15/-12.4/-5.1/8.0
16/-8.4/-4.1/3.4
17/-10.2/-1.9/trace
18/-3.3/1.1/4.0
AbbyJr
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Abby_wx wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 am
Thanks, but not for me. Nothing against slack, I just don't use chat programs. :)
Fair enough.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

Season snowfall: 20cm