Feedback

Look here for all the help, news or information regarding the forum and website.
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feedback

Post by Hound »

Abby_wx wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:18 pm Interesting. I use Firefox on my computers, but it's also doing the same thing on my iPhone, so I don't think it's my devices. It seems like some kind of board setting that's causing it to revert.

Here's the link on the image: styles/elegance/theme/images/logo_hd.png

I should add this has been happening for many months (maybe even years?).
OK, try now. Refresh your browser, or hard refresh. Empty your browser cache. Let me know.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

Hound wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 am Probably wont work here as most people don't donate and would not. Invisionboard is ok, but the one forum I ran with it was not very good. I always preferred phpbb, it just seems easier to manage.
There are a couple who have donated. I'm just trying to figure out what can be done to improve the performance on the forum because I feel bad about the negative experience that people have, but it takes more money to be able to get something that performs a lot better.
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

stuffradio wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:06 am There are a couple who have donated. I'm just trying to figure out what can be done to improve the performance on the forum because I feel bad about the negative experience that people have, but it takes more money to be able to get something that performs a lot better.
True, mind you there are extensions we can add to bring those features, but there seems to be some incompatibility issues in a few places with phpbb but that could be due to an update going wrong along the way, who knows. It could be easy enough to do a fresh install and add the extensions 1 by 1 to make sure they work, but of course that would take a lot of time. We would then just have to export the member list and posts from the database to maintain the forums full history, but I think we would have issues with images. They seem to always pose a problem. Like the images in actual posts would be lost dues to naming/linking issues.

Uhhh no real easy answer.

But I mean, the forum is still pretty good for what we use it for. Half the year it's dead in here.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

Hound wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:00 am OK, try now. Refresh your browser, or hard refresh. Empty your browser cache. Let me know.
It's working now - thanks! :D
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Abby_wx wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:40 pm It's working now - thanks! :D
Wow it works on my phone too now, thanks!
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

I can see the logo as well! :clap:
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m