Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Re: September 2024 Forecasts And Discussions

Post by John »

John wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:16 pm Finally, the end of Trudeau is near after he has destroyed this country!!
Someone can move this to the political threat. I don’t know how sorry
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:17 pm Someone can move this to the political threat. I don’t know how sorry
The damage is far beyond repair as well John.
Join us next season for the 7th annual 2 old retired geezer's inaccurate snowfall contest

:snowatt:
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 0cm
:hockey: South Sardines: 0cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:16 pm Finally, the end of Trudeau is near after he has destroyed this country!!
John! :D :wave: l guess he just wasn't ready. :lol:
Join us next season for the 7th annual 2 old retired geezer's inaccurate snowfall contest

CYCW station
Rubus_Leucodermis
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 70 m / 230 ft

Re: Politics

Post by Rubus_Leucodermis »

I’d say there’s now about a fifty-fifty chance Trudeau resigns before the next federal election.
It's called clown range for a reason.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Rubus_Leucodermis wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:28 pm I’d say there’s now about a fifty-fifty chance Trudeau resigns before the next federal election.
John will be stoked but the damage is done this country is in shambles. Rubes sorry you had to move to a country in decline.

CYCW station
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Wow! The NDP actually pulled out of their agreement with the Liberals. While I'm personally happy about it, I'm also surprised. But at the end of the day, they must have realized that they were losing too much support by continuing to support Trudeaus government. Now the question that remains is whether or not they will vote no confidence when the Conservatives inevitably bring forward a motion to try to trigger an early election. Personally, I feel like it could go either way. Taking the polls at face value, the Conservatives would get an easy majority. Therefore, calling an election now would most likely mean that the NDP would lose all power. But that said, in a recent interview, Jagmeet Singh insisted that his party is the only one that could defeat the Conservatives. While it's to be expected that every party believes they can win, I find it very hard to believe that Singh actually thinks he stands a chance at winning an election against Poilievre. On the other hand, if the NDP truly believes that the Liberals are bad for Canada and that their party can win the next election, then they should do the right thing and vote no confidence. It would certainly not look good on the NDP if they continue to support the Liberals in a confidence vote right after ending the coalition agreement. So I feel like they may have put themselves in a position where their best option to call an early election and let Canadians decide which government is best for the country.

Time will tell but it will be interesting if we end up having both a provincial and federal election in the same year. :thumbup:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

I think this falls into the Politics category. Putin is drawing a new red line recently stating that if Ukraine starts striking deep within Russia using NATO supplied weaponry, there will be war with NATO. I think this is the first time that we might have the closest threat to an actual World War 3. Any thoughts? I'm not into fearmongering but it does seem like this could happen. We'll see though. The international geopolitical scene right now is very chaotic.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

stuffradio wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:05 pm I think this falls into the Politics category. Putin is drawing a new red line recently stating that if Ukraine starts striking deep within Russia using NATO supplied weaponry, there will be war with NATO. I think this is the first time that we might have the closest threat to an actual World War 3. Any thoughts? I'm not into fearmongering but it does seem like this could happen. We'll see though. The international geopolitical scene right now is very chaotic.
Welp Stuffers supposedly Iran is being accused of sending missiles to Russia drones as well. All this amounts too is more sabre rattleing. Wasn't the same said amount suppling f-16 fighter jets and look what happened nothing. l haven't started digging the bunker yet but your right geopolitics is at it's worse in years. China, North Korea, Russia and the Middle East.

CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:31 pm Welp Stuffers supposedly Iran is being accused of sending missiles to Russia drones as well. All this amounts too is more sabre rattleing. Wasn't the same said amount suppling f-16 fighter jets and look what happened nothing. l haven't started digging the bunker yet but your right geopolitics is at it's worse in years. China, North Korea, Russia and the Middle East.
The most dangerous place is Springfield

https://youtu.be/3BrCvZmSnKA?si=_woX0xYpRU0q_mjK
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:09 pm The most dangerous place is Springfield

https://youtu.be/3BrCvZmSnKA?si=_woX0xYpRU0q_mjK
:lol:

CYCW station
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

According to the TruAnon crowd, yesterday was a massive blow to the Conservatives. Sure, they exceeded the polls in one of the ridings, and they have not won either in a long time, and sure, the Liberals didn't even get 5% in Winnipeg, which is half of what the polls predicted, but somehow, I'm told on X/Twitter that Trudeau is doing great, and it is in fact, the Conservatives who will lose! You can't make this stuff up!
Last edited by Glacier on Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Glacier wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:33 pm According to the TruAnon crowd, yesterday was a massive blow to the Conservatives. Sure, they exceeded the polls in one of the ridings, and they have not one either in a long time, and sure, the Liberals didn't even get 5% in Winnipeg, which is half of what the polls predicted, but somehow, I'm told on X/Twitter that Trudeau is doing great, and it is in fact, the Conservatives who will lose! You can't make this stuff up!
Election hacking perhaps Glace by the Russians and Chinese. :shifty:

CYCW station