Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Re: Sports Talk

Post by Glacier »

Forrest Gump wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:36 am But have you ever played 3 on 3 ? Maybe not 3 on 0 but I'm sure there's been some 2 on 0's . It's the nature of the beast , i can see how it can happen ,very entertaining though . It was the perfect storm with Myers skating deep and then ripping a shot that misses the net and rapping around the boards and trapping all 3 players with 2 colliding into each other. :lol:
Yes, lots of 2-0s, and I've played 3 on 3 and 4 on 4. Our scores are usually something like 13 to 13, but last Friday I hurt my knee half way and my team was up 6-0. I don't know if anyone has ever made it to half time without letting in at least 1 goal before, so I was having the game of my life. Put in another goalie, and the final score ended up being 10 to 8.

If this keeps up, I'll be showing up at Canuck's tryouts. LOL.

P.S. Luongo and I are the same age, so maybe not!
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Glacier wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am Yes, lots of 2-0s, and I've played 3 on 3 and 4 on 4. Our scores are usually something like 13 to 13, but last Friday I hurt my knee half way and my team was up 6-0. I don't know if anyone has ever made it to half time without letting in at least 1 goal before, so I was having the game of my life. Put in another goalie, and the final score ended up being 10 to 8.

If this keeps up, I'll be showing up at Canuck's tryouts. LOL.

P.S. Luongo and I are the same age, so maybe not!
Well , my claim to fame was playing on a team in the top men's league (division 1) in Vancouver in 79-80 , we won the league championship and I had
35 goals and 75 assists for 110 pts in 44 games :D . Unfortunately that was only good for 2nd in league scoring , my centerman beat me out by 3 pts :lol:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

AbbyJr wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:31 pm Here I am :D :clap:
That's it ? Just 3 words? :problem: I'll presume that you agree with my memory that you were anti-benning , Sardineman thought you were pro-benning. But the question is are you still anti-benning?
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Oh oh , 3 losses in a row , let's hope they learn from it , although they did have their chances tonight it seemed like the jets put on a clinic in the 2nd and 3rd periods as to how to close out a game. On defense Winnipeg is a shadow of their former self but still looked pretty good out there.

I hope I didn't count my chickens before they're hatched. A good start can do that. :lol:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:58 pm Oh oh , 3 losses in a row , let's hope they learn from it , although they did have their chances tonight it seemed like the jets put on a clinic in the 2nd and 3rd periods as to how to close out a game. On defense Winnipeg is a shadow of their former self but still looked pretty good out there.

I hope I didn't count my sardines before they're hatched. A good start can do that. :lol:
I fixed it fo you Gimps, I had a feeling these two games were going to be tough all part of learning as well as the up's and downs of a season it's just how well they break out of it. :thumbup: I couldn't help but notice Tanev did a good job at replicating Skooks and Slyty guy disappearing and reappearing more than once. :lol:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

Go Oilers. :shock:
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

Bonovox wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 am Go Oilers. :shock:
We have a trouble maker in our midst!
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

You guys have to find a way to get secondary scoring, Have a 2 headed monster but need more.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠👌
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:12 pm You guys have to find a way to get secondary scoring, Have a 2 headed monster but need more.
Hard to do with being right up against the cap. The Neal for Lucic deal was a coup though. Neal has been great for us. Yamamoto (first round pick) has been decent coming up from the AHL and they have Tyler Benson percolating in the minors. However, in the mean time, they do need to add another forward, but may have to move a defenceman to do it. Don’t want to give up Nurse though. He’s got a mean streak and can skate. Hard to find those guys.
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Bonovox wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm Hard to do with being right up against the cap. The Neal for Lucic deal was a coup though. Neal has been great for us. Yamamoto (first round pick) has been decent coming up from the AHL and they have Tyler Benson percolating in the minors. However, in the mean time, they do need to add another forward, but may have to move a defenceman to do it. Don’t want to give up Nurse though. He’s got a mean streak and can skate. Hard to find those guys.
Agree, Mc D, and Dris are pretty much a 2 man band, I do like the competition between the Coils lames and Knucks it's great to see right now it's been awhile. Here we are approaching Feb. and it's still exciting no ones fallen off although the Knuckles did have to put on a run just to catch up. :clap: :thumbup:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Bonovox wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm Hard to do with being right up against the cap. The Neal for Lucic deal was a coup though. Neal has been great for us. Yamamoto (first round pick) has been decent coming up from the AHL and they have Tyler Benson percolating in the minors. However, in the mean time, they do need to add another forward, but may have to move a defenceman to do it. Don’t want to give up Nurse though. He’s got a mean streak and can skate. Hard to find those guys.
Yeah your last GM screwed you lol feel bad for Mcdavid
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

How dare you!

Actually good job, with those 2 words you've just woken up this thread from its slumber. :thumbup:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Weather101 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:53 pm Yeah your last GM screwed you lol feel bad for Mcdavid
That's an understatement. Can't think of one good trade or acquisition by Chiarelli. If it wasn't for winning all those draft lotteries the oilers would be in deep doo doo, which never should have been allowed but that's another topic. It's almost a crime that they were able to get Gretzky 2.0
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:42 pm That's an understatement. Can't think of one good trade or acquisition by Chiarelli. If it wasn't for winning all those draft lotteries the oilers would be in deep doo doo, which never should have been allowed but that's another topic. It's almost a crime that they were able to get Gretzky 2.0
Chiarelli has ruined everything it's sad, Oilers have been bad for a long time they got Mcdavid it finally looked like they were going to turn the corner and they fell apart again. We will see what they do this year but it will be hard when they have no cap space to work with.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:23 pm How dare you!

Actually good job, with those 2 words you've just woken up this thread from its slumber. :thumbup:

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradece ... -1.1432712

Also any idiot bashing Holtby of his performance in net during the all star game should stop watching hockey :lol: So many dumb things being posted, Like when did we ever judge a goalies perfomance before in a allstar game? :crazy: