Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Re: Politics

Post by Typeing3 »

The popular vote certainly doesn't reflect the number of seats held by each party. Conservatives actually won the popular vote but hold far less seats than the liberals. Perhaps we'll now see a push from the right to follow through with electoral reform?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Typeing3 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:41 am The popular vote certainly doesn't reflect the number of seats held by each party. Conservatives actually won the popular vote but hold far less seats than the liberals. Perhaps we'll now see a push from the right to follow through with electoral reform?
I hope we get electoral reform. Liberals promised that back in 2015 and then backed off on it. That made me mad. I really don't like the current system.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Good article considering this guy works for CBC.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5331427
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Typeing3 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:40 amHmmmm.....
None of those governments were Liberal-NDP governments...

Just wait until Trudeau the 2nd is finished. He'll blow his old man out of the water. Not sure he'll catch Mulroney who had to try and stop the bleeding from T1, which to his shame didn't other than bring in NAFTA and the GST, so not all was for naught.
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Typeing3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:25 am There will be no coalition. Trudeau has a strong enough minority to be able to govern without one, IMO.
Looks like you were right. I'm glad as I did not want a coalition. Though, I'm still not happy Trudeau got re-elected.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.5331926
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Greta Thunberg apologized Saturday after saying that politicians should be put "against the wall" after some critics alleged that the teen climate activist was advocating for violence against officials.

"Yesterday I said we must hold our leaders accountable and unfortunately said "put them against the wall". That's Swenglish: "att ställa någon mot väggen" (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable," Thunberg tweeted.

"That's what happens when you improvise speeches in a second language. But of course I apologise if anyone misunderstood this. I can not enough express the fact that I - as well as the entire school strike movement- are against any possible form of violence. It goes without saying but I say it anyway," she continued.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Hughc0rne
Weather Tracker
Weather Tracker

Post by Hughc0rne »

Maybe someone will jump in here, but what a mess this caucus has become :crazy:
East Abbotsford
Elevation: 550ft
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hughc0rne wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm Maybe someone will jump in here, but what a mess this caucus has become :crazy:
l agree Hugh, it's to the point it's a complete circus, but the public doesn't seem to either care or notice. Also what's with Trudeau's appearance is he trying to look tough after Trump called him weak, :lol: buy some barbasol.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Thoughts on the NDP revamping ICBC to no fault insurance means car insurance savings for most B.C. drivers. :thumbup:
CYCW station
tyweather
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by tyweather »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:23 am Thoughts on the NDP revamping ICBC to no fault insurance means car insurance savings for most B.C. drivers. :thumbup:
Any time you can get rid of lawyers is a good thing.
Why not try cycling to work, grocery store, anywhere!
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

tyweather wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 am Any time you can get rid of lawyers is a good thing.
Exactly Ty my man should have been done years ago. Looking forward to the rate reductions.
CYCW station
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

Great news. Given the skyrocketing amount that was going toward legal costs, it was clear that the lawyers had exploiting the old system down to a fine art. That also explains how they could afford to advertise so heavily on TV and radio.

I'd also like to see them audit body shops and parts suppliers, because I think there's a lot of gouging going on. Like, I don't see why a windshield should be minimum $600... it's a piece of glass. I realize that some windshields have sensors, etc, but these shops are charging over $600 for even older vehicles with none of that stuff. Should be $300 max for a basic windshield.

We also need to increase our driving standards in this province. It might be unpopular, but maybe people should have to take a road test when renewing their license.

Of course the other issue is that people drive way too aggressively. I'm not talking about speeding per se, but tailgating, aggressive passing, etc. Going 10-20 km/h above the limit when traffic is light is not such an issue IMO, but the dangerous/impatient driving is what gets me. Like, I'm backing out of a parking spot... it's completely clear one moment, and suddenly someone flies by behind me at 40 km/h, not even looking to check it someone is backing out.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:54 pm Great news. Given the skyrocketing amount that was going toward legal costs, it was clear that the lawyers had exploiting the old system down to a fine art. That also explains how they could afford to advertise so heavily on TV and radio.

I'd also like to see them audit body shops and parts suppliers, because I think there's a lot of gouging going on. Like, I don't see why a windshield should be minimum $600... it's a piece of glass. I realize that some windshields have sensors, etc, but these shops are charging over $600 for even older vehicles with none of that stuff. Should be $300 max for a basic windshield.

We also need to increase our driving standards in this province. It might be unpopular, but maybe people should have to take a road test when renewing their license.

Of course the other issue is that people drive way too aggressively. I'm not talking about speeding per se, but tailgating, aggressive passing, etc. Going 10-20 km/h above the limit when traffic is light is not such an issue IMO, but the dangerous/impatient driving is what gets me. Like, I'm backing out of a parking spot... it's completely clear one moment, and suddenly someone flies by behind me at 40 km/h, not even looking to check it someone is backing out.
:lol: yeah that's called a Walmart/Superstore special almost need someone to stand outside to direct you that it's clear to back up. Costco is the worst as well. :roll: the other thig is l'll try and look for a spot that's fairly clear, but l feel like a magnet or other ppl have the same idea, cause when l get back to the car 20 others are around me. :lol:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Abby_wx wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:54 pm Great news. Given the skyrocketing amount that was going toward legal costs, it was clear that the lawyers had exploiting the old system down to a fine art. That also explains how they could afford to advertise so heavily on TV and radio.

Fully agree regarding the costs of windshields and body repair.
Not too sure about taking road tests every time you renew your driver's license, but maybe for bad drivers and the elderly wrinkle rockers(I'm not there yet) :lol:

Glad I don't have to participate in the early morning rat race on hwy 99 anymore. Getting cut off or seeing other people get cut off when driving at 110-120 k's in the fast lane by someone who zooms by at 140-150 and then squeezes in is not only annoying but extremely dangerous. Sometimes I shake my head and wonder how on earth did they even fit in? But I guess therein lyes the other problem , tailgating.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

Retaking your road test won't change anything. Most people can drive who have a license is just that THEY CHOOSE to be idiots and drive like morons. Put them in a situation where they have to pass a test and they most likely will. I think it needs to be the getting of the license itself that needs to be tougher because clearly the bad ones are slipping through.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum: