March 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: March 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Monty wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 am Hope everyone is doing well.

Picked up a few things at the grocery store yesterday. Just the essentials

9FAC433B-D392-4A49-AB93-EDC0746A2E2E.jpeg
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Thanks for the laughs guy's during this weird time, something we'll have documented for the future.
I dont mind this 3 on 4 off, 4 on 3 off rotation @ work able to practice social distancing with no problem.
CYCW station
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

PortKells wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:03 am :sick: how are you feeling today? Dont know your age but I've assumed relatively young? Not to assume its covid 19, but a lot of us going to get it at some point so might as well be now. Gain immunity hopefully. Look after yourself and feel better soon!
I'm 26 and was around a friend who works at a restaurant who was just diagnosed with covid 19 but just found that out yesterday. Called the number I should have and I'm in self isolation, They told me to stay home unless it's a emergency and a lot of people I see online say the are being told the same thing so the real numbers of people sick are way way to low. I feel horrible I slept all day took teylonal but breathing is a complete B*tch and just overall never felt as sick of this in my life... I have had a bad flu but this is 10x worse and I hope people truly do stay inside but I am on the verge of going to the hospital in the morning if this does not improve. Stay safe yall.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠👌
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am I'm 26 and was around a friend who works at a restaurant who was just diagnosed with covid 19 but just found that out yesterday. Called the number I should have and I'm in self isolation, They told me to stay home unless it's a emergency and a lot of people I see online say the are being told the same thing so the real numbers of people sick are way way to low. I feel horrible I slept all day took teylonal but breathing is a complete B*tch and just overall never felt as sick of this in my life... I have had a bad flu but this is 10x worse and I hope people truly do stay inside but I am on the verge of going to the hospital in the morning if this does not improve. Stay safe yall.

Oh damn :o :cry: I hope you feel better soon. This is so terrible. Definitely get medical help if you think you need it, no shame in that.
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am I'm 26 and was around a friend who works at a restaurant who was just diagnosed with covid 19 but just found that out yesterday. Called the number I should have and I'm in self isolation, They told me to stay home unless it's a emergency and a lot of people I see online say the are being told the same thing so the real numbers of people sick are way way to low. I feel horrible I slept all day took teylonal but breathing is a complete B*tch and just overall never felt as sick of this in my life... I have had a bad flu but this is 10x worse and I hope people truly do stay inside but I am on the verge of going to the hospital in the morning if this does not improve. Stay safe yall.
Praying for your recovery mate.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

I also shall be praying for you.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sometimes proper social distancing (6 ft) is impossible , like having a passenger in the car. My sister n law who lost her husband a few months ago also doesn't drive and needs a ride to the grocery store , I can't just say no.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Storm
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by Storm »

Get well soon. I contracted H1N1 in 09 and was so sick (two weeks at home one in hospital) to the point where I was in hospital for 8 days on IV for a couple of days.

This is very serious and people should not ignore what the experts say.
North Burnaby/Burquitlam
Elevation - 64 M./210 Feet
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

I sure hope he's ok.

These diseases are becoming more and more vicious. When is the tipping point in which our species starts to think about our treatment of animals? This isn't just a wet market issue. keeping animals in close quarters, unhealthy and no hygiene is just begging for situations like these to occur.

Maybe this can be a lesson that we have to do better. For now we have to do our part to prevent the spread. Staying home for the foreseeable future, glad I live on five acres here.
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

Unfortunately humans never learn. Greed and selfishness are the key drivers in all this mess and the biggest messes in the world.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
Michael1
Weather Nut
Weather Nut
Elevation: 120 ft.

Post by Michael1 »

Hound wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 pm Unfortunately humans never learn. Greed and selfishness are the key drivers in all this mess and the biggest messes in the world.
People are still out and about, like a sunny day means nothing bad can happen. IDK-I can only be responsible for my own actions, I guess. Hope everyone is still healthy, or at least not too sick
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Hopefully we hear from 101 soon :(
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Looks like perfect skiing weather coming up :( :(
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:14 pm Looks like perfect skiing weather coming up :( :(
As in what way Mr. Kells? everything is closed anyways.
CYCW station
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

Ugh,first time since Sunday I've had the time to check the forum, glad to see most are doing well

@ weather101 I hope you are getting better, 1 of my staff has a mild version and man that cough sounds like a pain, let alone the breathing issues.

I for one have been very happy to see the sun and warmer temps. I'm in the financial services industry and this week has been exhausting. I'm not very pleased with either the Russians or Saudi's at this point, NOT the time to have a toddler tantrum.

I'm online for work at 6.30 am and get off around 5.30 with checks through the evening. at this point I cherish the ability to just walk outside and pick a few weeds out of the garden to break the stress.

to be honest I just ordered a bunch of seeds from West Coast Seeds, partly to support a local business, partly because I don't think nursery's will be named essential services so want to get as much as I can done from seed this year. normally I would purchase seedlings as I'm a container gardener and really don't need 57 zucchini plants :roll: but the seeds are good for 2 years.
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m