March 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
Rubus_Leucodermis
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 70 m / 230 ft

Re: March 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by Rubus_Leucodermis »

There’s this little line of showers marching up from the south and they are surviving (not disintegrating right before they reach me) after they pass over the Chuckanut Mountains. If only the snow showers coming from the same direction could have done that last January (of course not, those had to disintegrate). But of course.
It's called clown range for a reason.
Rubus_Leucodermis
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 70 m / 230 ft

Post by Rubus_Leucodermis »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:20 am I'm 26 and was around a friend who works at a restaurant who was just diagnosed with covid 19 but just found that out yesterday. Called the number I should have and I'm in self isolation, They told me to stay home unless it's a emergency and a lot of people I see online say the are being told the same thing so the real numbers of people sick are way way to low. I feel horrible I slept all day took teylonal but breathing is a complete B*tch and just overall never felt as sick of this in my life... I have had a bad flu but this is 10x worse and I hope people truly do stay inside but I am on the verge of going to the hospital in the morning if this does not improve. Stay safe yall.
Yikes! Get well soon!
It's called clown range for a reason.
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Typeing3 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:10 am Top of Westwood plateau picked up a couple slushy cms of snow earlier this morning.
I've a friend who lives up there, told me the same thing.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Coquitlam79 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:54 pm NWS has their spring outlook. Warmer and drier than nornal for PacNW following the trend of the past 3 springs and also 2015. This could be even more important this year if warmer weather helps slow the spread of the coronavirus. I'm thinking it does. The overpopulated third world countries in tropical SE Asia and Africa all have cases of the coronavirus yet the cases are lower and the numbers aren't exploding (less community spread) like in colder locations. Yet the colder locations have far better health care. I have spent alot of time in the Philippines and at first I thought for sure the coronavirus is going to hit hard there due to the Chinese influence, overcrowding and overpopulation and poor health care Yet it has been Europe, North America and some other richer northern Asian nations that have had it way worse. I guess it's wishful thinking to think the climate and change over to warm weather is going to slow this thing down but anything that might (even a small chance) slow the spread of this virus is something I'm cheering for. 9895FAA7-FF1B-4046-AC5D-620096FCED87.jpeg.jpg
Thanks for another indepth read C79 :thumbup:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 pm Weren't there some thunderstorms/wind in the valley earlier today that caused some power outages?

Considering that we are almost in a complete covid 19 lockdown with not much to do, it's surprising that most members are also practicing social distancing online. It's certainly understandable if some are staring at the floor or feel like they're in a fog. Look up,stay positive, and pray that we get out of this thing sooner than later.

I was never much into books but recently saw a CBC 30 min bio on canadian writer Mordecai Richler and found it quite fascinating since he grew up on the same street (st.urbain street) in Montreal as me, just a few blocks away,and most of the characters in his books were based on real people in the neighborhood. It was a bit of a ghetto but I was only a block away from Fletchers park and Mount Royal Mountain. Have a lot of fond memories of wintertime as a young kid there , skating and shinny at the two outdoor rinks at the park and tobogganing on the mountain......I think I'll write a book.
I look foward to the movie too Gumps, l'm doing well hope everyone else is practicing the steps needed to flatten the curve.
Work is busy since we are an essential service. Low snow levels noted driving into work today on the mountains in the Fraser valley. Haven't heard from Jr. hope he's o.k. and Weed101 get well.
CYCW station
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Me and my parents went for a nice drive up to Westwood Plateau today. I can see how it would be such a different climate zone up there in the winter. You're essentially in the mountains. The whole area is beautiful. Coquitlam/Port Moody looks like a Whistler style city. Too bad the average person can't afford to live there on the mountain. Anyways, it was a fun drive and nice to spend time together admiring the million dollar homes. :D 8-) :clap:

If only it was more affordable. :wish:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

AbbyJr wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:48 pm The whole area is beautiful. Coquitlam/Port Moody looks like a Whistler style city.
You bet! 8-)
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator
Elevation: 162 M./532 ft.

Post by Roberts Creeker »

Is it really going to rain this week or just a few brief showers?
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Roberts Creeker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm Is it really going to rain this week or just a few brief showers?
Forecast looks wet at times, l think Ms. Creeker ppl are just terrified at what's happening with Covid19 to care much about the weather at this time.
Hopefully we'll start to see the curve flatten and begin to get back to normalcy including our favorite hobby weather.
CYCW station
Michael1
Weather Nut
Weather Nut
Elevation: 120 ft.

Post by Michael1 »

anyone heard from 101?
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Michael1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:41 pm anyone heard from 101?
He went silent like a week ago.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Looks like Victoria is getting a downpour. Kind of hoping to avoid that right now to be honest. Lets have the downpours at night. Ugh, what a depressing turn of events now with the rain and no skiing to make it all worthwhile. Not that a lack of skiing is a true problem in current events but its what I'm choosing to B*tch about anyways. :crazy:
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 pm Looks like Victoria is getting a downpour. Kind of hoping to avoid that right now to be honest. Lets have the downpours at night. Ugh, what a depressing turn of events now with the rain and no skiing to make it all worthwhile. Not that a lack of skiing is a true problem in current events but its what I'm choosing to B*tch about anyways. :crazy:
At least the snowpack is sitting pretty...at 93% of normal across the South Coast ranges as of the most recent update.

Average across BC is even higher at 108% of normal.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

Typeing3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:48 pm At least the snowpack is sitting pretty...at 93% of normal across the South Coast ranges as of the most recent update.
25 cm in Seymour.

webcam_image.php.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

PortKells wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 pm Looks like Victoria is getting a downpour. Kind of hoping to avoid that right now to be honest. Lets have the downpours at night. Ugh, what a depressing turn of events now with the rain and no skiing to make it all worthwhile. Not that a lack of skiing is a true problem in current events but its what I'm choosing to B*tch about anyways. :crazy:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/26/ ... -bans/amp/
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm