Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Re: Sports Talk

Post by VanCitySouth »

Bonovox wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:29 pm What are they doing with Langara? I grew up 2 blocks away from there. Used to walk the trail around the course almost every evening in the summer.
I think they want to take some of the land and repurpose it, and shrink the golf course. There have been rumours for a while now but they keep going away and coming back. When I talked to the golf course staff about this last fall, they said the park board wasn't doing anything, but last week it came up on the news again.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

The Pens and Lightning have now won just as many playoff games this year as the Canucks did. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

AbbyJr wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 pm The Pens and Lightning have now won just as many playoff games this year as the Canucks did. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Good point , all these upsets and upsets in the making has me yearning for some playoff hockey in Vancouver, but the canucks still have a ways to go to match the skill, skating,and intensity level of some of these teams.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 pm Didn't think we had any golfers or golf fans. I like to golf once in a while but now that I'm retired I've already hit the links more often this year than all of last year. And generally I dont watch a lot of golf but I was definitely glued to my tv the last few days , don't think anyone gave tiger a chance to win another major.
I told you Gorilla glue works Gumpers. :lol: yes it was an amazing win for Tiger.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm Good point , all these upsets and upsets in the making has me yearning for some playoff hockey in Vancouver, but the canucks still have a ways to go to match the skill, skating,and intensity level of some of these teams.
I agree as well with the season the Lightning had I don't feel bad as well, that has to be absolutely stunning for the Lightning fans though as well as pens fans.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Geesh! Bruins/Jackets series tied up now, l must admit it's an interesting field of teams left now, who would of thought with all the upsets.
CYCW station
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

Wow crazy, Botchford died this weekend! RIP. He was 48. So sad.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

stuffradio wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:30 am Wow crazy, Botchford died this weekend! RIP. He was 48. So sad.
Yeah l know sad indeed behold life everyday cause you never when your time will come.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Man o man , am I dreaming or are the canucks for real? 5 outta 6 points in California, not too shabby . What happened to their pop gun offence? They're suddenly an offensive juggernaut, a lean mean Petey and Brock scoring machine! Team averaging almost 4 goals per game and over 5 per on home ice.
Well Jr, are you a believer yet? So far Benning looking like a genius 8-) , team is much deeper this year,including Utica , more prepared for injuries but let's hope they can keep the injuries to a minimum, this is too much fun , let's keep it going! If they make the playoffs then the rebuild is almost complete , foundation, framing,and drywalling all done , Benning then just has to decide on what color paint ,which appliances, and whether to order quartz or granite counters.
And I expect Lind , Woo , Podkolzin , Hoglander , Madden , Lockwood , Juolevi and Rathbone to make an impact in the next 2-3 years .
The future suddenly looks bright.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:31 am Man o man , am I dreaming or are the canucks for real? 5 outta 6 points in California, not too shabby . What happened to their pop gun offence? They're suddenly an offensive juggernaut, a lean mean Petey and Brock scoring machine! Team averaging almost 4 goals per game and over 5 per on home ice.
Well Jr, are you a believer yet? So far Benning looking like a genius 8-) , team is much deeper this year,including Utica , more prepared for injuries but let's hope they can keep the injuries to a minimum, this is too much fun , let's keep it going! If they make the playoffs then the rebuild is almost complete , foundation, framing,and drywalling all done , Benning then just has to decide on what color paint ,which appliances, and whether to order quartz or granite counters.
And I expect Lind , Woo , Podkolzin , Hoglander , Madden , Lockwood , Juolevi and Rathbone to make an impact in the next 2-3 years .
The future suddenly looks bright.
I know Gimp my friend it's like someone turned on a light switch and boom they took off this year. Mind you Jr. did mention afew times on the old forum the last couple of years that JB was doing a good job and to just be patient. Which is true as we were focused on over paid louie Louie or if Tryamkin was the real deal or just a large tree. :lol: anyway's yes it's been an awesome start hope it continues and let's hope Hughes isn't out to long it's still too early in the program to sustain long term injuries to our future. Those names sound like ingredients in my puppys dog food. :lol:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

I believe they're also the same ingredients in costco's polish hot dogs , mmmmm good!

Actually I don't think Jr was a fan of Benning, probably wanted him fired . I agreed with his extension, you gotta give him a chance to see the fruits of his labour rather than have someone else taking his place and stealing the fruits of his labour. Yes he's not perfect , but pretty well every team has a money for nothing and pucks for free contract anchor around their necks, look at chicago lots of potential boat achors there.

Let's see if Jr finds us , this thread has been kinda dormant , then he can clear the air regarding his past feelings on Benning.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

:tiredos:
Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:41 pm I believe they're also the same ingredients in costco's polish hot dogs , mmmmm good!

Actually I don't think Jr was a fan of Benning, probably wanted him fired . I agreed with his extension, you gotta give him a chance to see the fruits of his labour rather than have someone else taking his place and stealing the fruits of his labour. Yes he's not perfect , but pretty well every team has a money for nothing and pucks for free contract anchor around their necks, look at chicago lots of potential boat achors there.

Let's see if Jr finds us , this thread has been kinda dormant , then he can clear the air regarding his past feelings on Benning.
Yes it has been dormant Grumps like a bad smell in valley, Jr. should have no finding us here if he follows his nose. :lol:
CYCW station
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:41 pm I believe they're also the same ingredients in costco's polish hot dogs , mmmmm good!

Here I am :D :clap:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

I play hockey a couple nights/week, half the time as goalie. We're talking mostly scrimmages where defense is often a second thought.

And yet, I cannot remember ever having to face a 3 on 0 as epic as this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNInkTOXnqE
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Glacier wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:21 am I play hockey a couple nights/week, half the time as goalie. We're talking mostly scrimmages where defense is often a second thought.

And yet, I cannot remember ever having to face a 3 on 0 as epic as this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNInkTOXnqE
But have you ever played 3 on 3 ? Maybe not 3 on 0 but I'm sure there's been some 2 on 0's . It's the nature of the beast , i can see how it can happen ,very entertaining though . It was the perfect storm with Myers skating deep and then ripping a shot that misses the net and rapping around the boards and trapping all 3 players with 2 colliding into each other. :lol:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm