Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Politics

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Yeah extremely surprised Liberals got that many seats. :shock: Johnnys fault no door knocking for the Cons. :lol:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Looks like a big blow for Singh and the ndp , I really thought there would be more left wing vote splitting that would take away votes from the liberals but doesn't look like it.
Looks like Teflon Man gets to continue on albeit with a reduced government , but they sure weren't too far off from a majority . Very disappointing that the easterners didn't think the liberal scandals were a big deal .
If it's any consolation looks like the conservatives will win the popular vote .

So will Teflon Man carry on like Harper did during his minority run or form a coalition with the ndp?
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

Damn, 4 more years... :thumbdown:
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Canada Goose wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 pm Damn, 4 more years... :thumbdown:
It's a minority government so doubt it goes the full 4 years , it probably depends on how friendly the ndp will be.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 pm Looks like a big blow for Singh and the ndp , I really thought there would be more left wing vote splitting that would take away votes from the liberals but doesn't look like it.
Looks like Teflon Man gets to continue on albeit with a reduced government , but they sure weren't too far off from a majority . Very disappointing that the easterners didn't think the liberal scandals were a big deal .
If it's any consolation looks like the conservatives will win the popular vote .

So will Teflon Man carry on like Harper did during his minority run or form a coalition with the ndp?
Johnny hasn't spoken yet, aluminum man. :lol:
CYCW station
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 pm It's a minority government so doubt it goes the full 4 years , it probably depends on how friendly the ndp will be.
NDP will do its best to stop Conservatives...
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

I'm fairly satisfied with the result. I was kind of hoping they'd all lose, but I guess that's impossible. :twisted: :lol:

A minority government is the next best thing. I certainly did not want to see another Liberal majority, but I also did not want to see a Conservative majority (which probably puts me in the minority here :lol: ). I was not inspired by the platforms of the major parties and how they campaigned, thus I don't believe that any of the parties or their leaders deserved the power afforded by a majority government.

I think it's clear that most of the parties struggled to connect with Canadians. The only real winner in this election was the Bloc - they were the only party to exceed expectations, aside from maybe the Greens. The fact that the Bloc was able to gain so many seats just underscores how weak the other parties were in this election.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Abby_wx wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 pm I'm fairly satisfied with the result. I was kind of hoping they'd all lose, but I guess that's impossible. :twisted: :lol:

A minority government is the next best thing. I certainly did not want to see another Liberal majority, but I also did not want to see a Conservative majority (which probably puts me in the minority here :lol: ). I was not inspired by the platforms of the major parties and how they campaigned, thus I don't believe that any of the parties or their leaders deserved the power afforded by a majority government.

I think it's clear that most of the parties struggled to connect with Canadians. The only real winner in this election was the Bloc - they were the only party to exceed expectations, aside from maybe the Greens. The fact that the Bloc was able to gain so many seats just underscores how weak the other parties were in this election.
I was also not satisfied by either major party's platforms. I am a small-c conservative, but by no means was I under the illusion that this iteration of the Tories under Scheer was anywhere near perfect.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Abby_wx wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 pm I'm fairly satisfied with the result. I was kind of hoping they'd all lose, but I guess that's impossible. :twisted: :lol:

Fair enough . At least the Bloc blocked the liberals from a majority, but I certainly hope there's no liberal/ndp coalition , otherwise the debt and deficits will spiral out of control.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Conservatives won the vote that says enough but trah
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

VanCitySouth wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:56 pm I was also not satisfied by either major party's platforms. I am a small-c conservative, but by no means was I under the illusion that this iteration of the Tories under Scheer was anywhere near perfect.
Will the Tories stick with scheer? He had Teflon Man all lined up but kept shooting himself in the foot , partly his fault and partly his strategists.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

What a joke , Trudeau steps up the podium at the same time as Scheer which has never happened , winner always speaks last! Then he talks like he just won a majority, what a joke. No speach etiquette or humility, just arrogance. Now I'm really ticked off! But hey there's a break in the weather and maybe going golfing on Thursday :clap:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Look for nothing to get done in Ottawa what a waste of an election.
CYCW station
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Canada Goose wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:51 pm NDP will do its best to stop Conservatives...
NDP will not be in a hurry to force another election. They are still broke from their failed 2015 campaign.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:09 pm Conservatives won the vote that says enough but trah
Johnny we love your enthusiasm. :thumbup:
CYCW station