July 2019 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Re: July 2019 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by Typeing3 »

FInally some summer weather today! Nice day :thumbup:
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Abby_wx wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:30 pm I hit 32.1C today. It seems to me that it was warmer than forecast, but I don't remember exactly what the forecast called for -- pretty sure it was under 30C.
I hit 31C today. EC's forecast this morning was for 28C. Looks like YXX hit 30.6C so a couple degrees warmer than modelled. :thumbup:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Jr. I was referring to Acurite's 3 in 1 or 5 in1 weather stations. Their stand alone weather stations with temperature/humidity or temperature/humidity/rainfall are o.k. it appears. Sorry for the confusion, even their new Atlas station has issues by what l've heard.
Last edited by SouthSardiswx on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join us next season for the 7th annual 2 retired geezer's inaccurate snowfall contest

:snowatt:
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: :sick:
:hockey: South Sardines: :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Too hot today Johnny were ever you are. :o 8-)
Join us next season for the 7th annual 2 retired geezer's inaccurate snowfall contest

CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

I hit 26.2° but it sure felt warmer in some nearby areas.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:57 pm Too hot today Johnny were ever you are. :o 8-)
Hey little buddy where have you been? I thought maybe Colonel Sanders made a new meal out of you while at Kentucky lake , Beyond fish, finger licking good sardines.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:01 am Greetings one and all we had an excellent time @ Kentucky/Allynne lakes we stayed 3 nights, temps ranged from one night about 10c to high temps. mostly in the mid and upper 20's although it wasn't totally clear it was dry and partly sunny so all and all not bad as down here precip wise. It's nice to see Johnny posting often this summer but he seems to have disappeared. Glad you had a good fishing trip Sir Grumps, nice to see lots of members contributing this summer you would think with all the unsettled weather this month we would have had some pop off thundershowers but as usual it's been a dud. Well here comes summer this week but not blazing hot it's all back east. Sheriff Goosey I found out the location of the guy who takes weather readings for Chilliwack, I even saw where his set up is I can't tell you just yet or I would have to kill you, HAHA in the mean time how about that signing for the Knucks Michael Ferland??? :clap: :crazy: Bird man where are you these day's? Hound are you staying cool this summer and how's the spuds doing gardner Creeker? Abby Sr. and Jr. how's it going? Antlerman did you become a Yukon bar? Snowed in did you enjoy being rained out? :lol: Mr. M sounds like your the driest place in B.C. this summer. I've been working on a weather project and I hope to reveal it shortly I purchased a weather station and hope to have my readings up and running next week sometime. I did some research and went with an Ambient weather station reviews seem pretty good I like that it has wifi and can connect to different weather platforms plus it can update new firmware to the console with new features in the future their customer support seems very good. I had Acurite in the past but they are absolute garbage, Davis is abit pricey for me, here's the station I purchased. I'm currently making my own telescopic mast that will lower if I ever have to change battery's I hope to unveil it next week. :thumbup:
Weather project? Oh I get it, you're putting together a snow making machine , in order to recapture the Over the Hill Winter Classic Championship. Well I'm not too worried since the parts to your secret weather project are made by acuwrong.
Leighbugs

Post by Leighbugs »

Today was my kind of day. So awesome! Hoping for a repeat tomorrow. :thumbup:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:18 pm Hey little buddy where have you been? I thought maybe Colonel Sanders made a new meal out of you while at Kentucky lake , Beyond fish, finger licking good sardines.
:lol: no came back from holidays relaxed abit read up on Johnnys climate debate didn't want to get into that since Johnnys always right. :lol: back to work last week.
Last edited by SouthSardiswx on Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 pm Weather project? Oh I get it, you're putting together a snow making machine , in order to recapture the Over the Hill Winter Classic Championship. Well I'm not too worried since the parts to your secret weather project are made by acuwrong.
:lol: no l will never buy an Acurite weather station again, Ambient seems up there with Davis as far as customer support a little more priced than Acurite, more for middle of the road priced. :thumbup:

CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:02 pm :lol: no l will never buy an Acurite weather station again, Ambient seems up there with Davis as far as customer support a little more priced than Acurite, more for middle of the road priced. :thumbup:
I'm partial to products made by smartlikefox.
Monty
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Monty »

YVR just barely missed a record high today. Just 0.2C below the record from 2006
North end of Shawnigan Lake. Southern Vancouver island. 500ft
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:21 pm I'm partial to products made by smartlikefox.
:lol:

CYCW station
Leighbugs

Post by Leighbugs »

Monty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:25 pm YVR just barely missed a record high today. Just 0.2C below the record from 2006
That actually annoys me. I hate BARELY missing records, especially by 0.2C. My personal weather station coldest temp (had it since December 29, 2016) is -9.8C set in Feb 2017 and then again in Feb 2019. I was so choked last Feb standing there staring at my station, hoping for -0.1C at the very least because what I actually wanted was to crack negative double digits.
Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

Typeing3 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:16 am 9.2C yesterday morning at the Pitt Meadows station. :thumbup:
Nice! I think it got down to 15C here. :think:
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap: