May 2021 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
Coquitlam79
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Re: May 2021 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by Coquitlam79 »

PortKells wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:13 pm Apparently Taiwan is brutal.
Latest models pretty dry here too. This spring has been even drier than 2015 cuz March 2015 was very wet and this March was dry. If it doesn't change later this month or in June expect similar conditions as 2015 except more water this year due to the snowpack.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Coquitlam79 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:07 pm Latest models pretty dry here too. This spring has been even drier than 2015 cuz March 2015 was very wet and this March was dry. If it doesn't change later this month or in June expect similar conditions as 2015 except more water this year due to the snowpack.
This last round of rain was a major letdown as usual. I really thought it might produce but fizzled. Now we're dry for a week with maybe some weak precipitation after that.
SouthHillFrosty
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher
Elevation: 450 Ft.

Post by SouthHillFrosty »

Where is the 384 hour snow maps?! :(
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Looks pleasant.
ens_image (6).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Wow I've seen it quiet on here but this is just sadness :( This winter fail must've sucked the weather enthusiasm out of everyone. Not that there's a lot to talk about, its been nice and boring. Hope everyone is getting geared up for the supposed return normal soon! Vaccines are falling out of the sky right now, numbers are going down and medical experts are actually expressing optimism!

Back to weather, tomorrow looks downright warm! 21 C inland!
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 pm Wow I've seen it quiet on here but this is just sadness :( This winter fail must've sucked the weather enthusiasm out of everyone. Not that there's a lot to talk about, its been nice and boring. Hope everyone is getting geared up for the supposed return normal soon! Vaccines are falling out of the sky right now, numbers are going down and medical experts are actually expressing optimism!

l'll say Mr. Kells l guess alot of members are getting outside for fresh air. Not a heck of alot else to do besides work. Maybe Covid burnout as well, looks like l'll get the Pfizer vaccine on the 22nd the way it's looking.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

SouthHillFrosty wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 pm Where is the 384 hour snow maps?! :(
:lol: retired them for the season Mr. Frozen dew.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

PortKells wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 pm Wow I've seen it quiet on here but this is just sadness :( This winter fail must've sucked the weather enthusiasm out of everyone. Not that there's a lot to talk about, its been nice and boring. Hope everyone is getting geared up for the supposed return normal soon! Vaccines are falling out of the sky right now, numbers are going down and medical experts are actually expressing optimism!

It's the dog days of Spring :)

Maybe one of these days when(if) I get more time, I will have to make something else for the website to keep people interested? haha I don't know.
Monty
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Monty »

I’m getting my shot on May 24th. 🙂

We just got new windows in our house to prepare for the 1915-1916 reboot coming next winter 😂🥶

This weather is pretty boring but pleasant. Pretty much need a heatwave or thunderstorm pattern to turn up the interest level this time of year. From a weather perspective, spring is my least favourite season.
North end of Shawnigan Lake. Southern Vancouver island. 500ft
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

The winter fail took a lot out of me, frankly. At least from a weather interest perspective. I was hoping for a typical La Nina active spring and that didn't happen either. I still look at WxBell once or twice a week, but that is about it. :tiredos:
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

I agree that we were all so disappointed with winter. Now the weather is boring as heck and nobody needs to read a forum predicting more boring. However, it's funny how Mr. Nito just vanishes as well when his whole game is nice warm weather. Proof he just wants to piss everyone off in winter.

The only thing we have to look forward too is thunder storms, and that already looks like a massive fail as well.

Oh well. :roll:
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Reminds me of reading the UK weather forum a few years ago. I remember them in true British style just discussing the daily weather matter of factly, despite the fact their weather is like 5 times as boring as ours. "13C and fog for the 365th day in a row here in Nottinghamshire."

Even sadder is the guy in the southern forum discussing California's weather. He's the only guy who posts on it, just daily updates of whether or not they've achieved a marine layer or not, which in Cali means a few sparse clouds I'm assuming. Nobody ever responds unless a legit storm comes through which is incredibly rare these days.

It can always get worse! But yeah sometimes what is there really to say about weather. I wish Nito would show up so we can reverse troll him in the summer months.
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Hey my friends. :D

With the declining numbers and increasing vaccinations, I'm hoping indoor dining reopens soon. Then I can get back to work. :thumbup:

I'm enjoying the weather for walking my puppy and riding my e bike but a solid rain event would be nice too. Hopefully we don't have a dry smoky summer. :thumbup:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

AbbyJr wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:46 pm Hey my friends. :D

With the declining numbers and increasing vaccinations, I'm hoping indoor dining reopens soon. Then I can get back to work. :thumbup:

I'm enjoying the weather for walking my puppy and riding my e bike but a solid rain event would be nice too. Hopefully we don't have a dry smoky summer. :thumbup:
I really hope it's soon Jr. If nothing else goes awry you should be back after the May long.

What kind of pup do you have Jr? Also I'm jealous of your e-bike. How much did you pay for yours? I'm probably getting in the market for one once I've paid off my puppy debts lmao.
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

PortKells wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 pm I really hope it's soon Jr. If nothing else goes awry you should be back after the May long.

What kind of pup do you have Jr? Also I'm jealous of your e-bike. How much did you pay for yours? I'm probably getting in the market for one once I've paid off my puppy debts lmao.
Thanks. :thumbup:
I hope the restrictions on indoor dining are eased after the May long weekend. From what I understand, an update will be announced next week. What concerns me though is that the cases, while dropping, are still high as well as the hospital numbers. So the question becomes whether or not the indoor dining ban is extended for another 2-3 weeks just to get those numbers down a bit more while people continue to get vaccinated. I'm not sure if thats what Dr. Bonnie Henry plans or not but I could see it as a possibility. Its also possible that she feels enough people are vaccinated that there won't be much of a risk of a sudden spike in cases and hospitalizations. I feel like it could go 50/50 what she decides, but I could be wrong.

Our puppy is a Beaglier. He is 50% Beagle and 50% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He's awesome and we all love him so much. Just turned 8 months recently. His Name is Toffee. Here are a couple of recent pictures:

Here he is resting on his Snoopy blanket.
toffeeandsnoopy.jpeg

And here he is relaxing on his bed and bone pillow.
toffeebonepillow.jpeg
Hey, hows your dog doing? I hope he recovered and is doing good. :thumbup:

As for my e-bike, I paid around $2000 but they have gone up in price around $200. Not sure why but maybe Covid? My Bike is from Rize, a company in Richmond and its awesome. Customer service is awesome too. Here is a picture of mine but they have new models for 2021 now. They aren't restocking the older models, but the new ones look similar and very cool too. 8-) :thumbup:
rizebike.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman: