July 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Re: July 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by John »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:40 pm Not at all, The confirmed cases really means nothing. A lot of people get it without getting tested because they are asymptomatic but yet they pass it on to other people. A lot of people are carriers, A study was done that even tho the states have what like 3 million confirmed cases? The actual number is closer to 50 million due to the lack of testing and people having it without symptoms or barely any symptom's. BC is closer to 100,000 people a study said so don't go off confirmed numbers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

"The number of people in the United States who have been infected with the coronavirus is likely to be 10 times as high as the 2.4 million confirmed cases, based on antibody tests, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

You can’t say for certain you had Covid if you haven’t been tested if you have been confirmed by a test that’s the one in 1400 Chance in BC that’s a fact,
I do understand there are more people that might have had Covid whether they have symptoms or not but it wouldn’t have been serious.
Even in the 3600 confirmed cases there are many without symptoms or very little symptoms, for sure the majority
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

Glacier wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 pm Is diarrhea a sign of Covid? Or would that be from the bucket of apricots just eaten?

Asking for a friend.

P.S. Today is forecast to be even hotter than yesterday here in Vernon, and yesterday had a humidex of 39.
Yes it is, Diarrhea happens to some people my friend had that but it was only for a couple days when she was going through her symptom's.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

John wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm You can’t say for certain you had Covid if you haven’t been tested if you have been confirmed by a test that’s the one in 1400 Chance in BC that’s a fact,
I do understand there are more people that might have had Covid whether they have symptoms or not but it wouldn’t have been serious.
Even in the 3600 confirmed cases there are many without symptoms or very little symptoms, for sure the majority
I went to the hospital lol I was tested and confirmed and positive. I spent time there because I was having issues breathing I'm not sure what else you want me to say?
That's not a fact whatsoever because without people not getting tested and having it with minor symptoms it would make the chances of getting higher. They tested 30 million Americans and they had antibodies due to the fact of having it with very little symptoms. Lots of people just have odd symptom's and stay home that's a fact. The chances of getting is much higher then the confirmed cases. My dads friend never got tested but he had every symptom and just stayed home and rode it out for 3 weeks.

Your correct on the serious part if they don't get tested but some people are like " well I have pretty bad symptoms I'm just going to stay home". When this all started in March they urged people to stay home and not get tested if sick so you gotta add 100s of people that had it. It's a very serious sickness that won't go away anytime soon due to people not caring about social distance or masks hence why the cases are going up. Till this day my lungs still feel funny when I go for runs and workouts...
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:34 pm I went to the hospital lol I was tested and confirmed and positive. I spent time there because I was having issues breathing I'm not sure what else you want me to say?
That's not a fact whatsoever because without people not getting tested and having it with minor symptoms it would make the chances of getting higher. They tested 30 million Americans and they had antibodies due to the fact of having it with very little symptoms. Lots of people just have odd symptom's and stay home that's a fact. The chances of getting is much higher then the confirmed cases. My dads friend never got tested but he had every symptom and just stayed home and rode it out for 3 weeks.

Your correct on the serious part if they don't get tested but some people are like " well I have pretty bad symptoms I'm just going to stay home". When this all started in March they urged people to stay home and not get tested if sick so you gotta add 100s of people that had it. It's a very serious sickness that won't go away anytime soon due to people not caring about social distance or masks hence why the cases are going up. Till this day my lungs still feel funny when I go for runs and workouts...
I don’t think you understand what i am saying and I am not saying you didn’t have it.
All I am saying is that there are 3600 Confirmed cases which is 1 in 1400 Bc residents that can claim with certainty they had Covid
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

John wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:14 pm I don’t think you understand what i am saying and I am not saying you didn’t have it.
All I am saying is that there are 3600 Confirmed cases which is 1 in 1400 Bc residents that can claim with certainty they had Covid
Yes I get your point, My point is the numbers are flawed and I wouldn't look at it that way since there's 1000s more people who had it. The chances of getting is much higher then 1 in 1400 and that's just the truth.

50 new cases today tho that are "confirmed"
Monty
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Monty »

Roberts Creeker wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:09 am What time was that Monty? I didn't see/hear anything here but there was a very short shower at about 8ish
Perhaps to your NW. Powell River had thunderstorms between 8 and 10 am. There was a lot of lightning on the island between 2 and 9 am.
A43CDF85-C2A1-4749-8F29-D18270AE1442.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North end of Shawnigan Lake. Southern Vancouver island. 500ft
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:46 pm Yes I get your point, My point is the numbers are flawed and I wouldn't look at it that way since there's 1000s more people who had it. The chances of getting is much higher then 1 in 1400 and that's just the truth.

50 new cases today tho that are "confirmed"
I think it’s also safe to say that the vast majority of unconfirmed cases are Nothing more than a cough or very small symptoms or no symptoms kind of thing
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:47 pm I think it’s also safe to say that the vast majority of unconfirmed cases are Nothing more than a cough or very small symptoms or no symptoms kind of thing
Aren't you in the most at risk age group? 50 new cases today, not good. Weather sucks too.

Edit: actually its cooled down nicely here. Still a bit humid but meh.
Monty
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Monty »

Reading through some of the twitter posts from last night and this morning, it sounds like it was the best lightning display in more than a decade for parts of Vancouver Island
4E0394A8-D37D-4F7B-8A97-D374844DF432.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North end of Shawnigan Lake. Southern Vancouver island. 500ft
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

John wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:47 pm I think it’s also safe to say that the vast majority of unconfirmed cases are Nothing more than a cough or very small symptoms or no symptoms kind of thing
But they are carriers.. Meaning they can spread it to people in age groups who can't fight it and die. Same with people with underlying health issues.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:52 pm But they are carriers.. Meaning they can spread it to people in age groups who can't fight it and die. Same with people with underlying health issues.
    Yes
    Last edited by John on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
    John
    Weather Enthusiast
    Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:26 pm Aren't you in the most at risk age group? 50 new cases today, not good. Weather sucks too.

Edit: actually its cooled down nicely here. Still a bit humid but meh.
    Yes I am!
    Lots of rain in the long range gfs!!
    John
    Weather Enthusiast
    Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

We need some rain soon or the whole province will be burning !
    John
    Weather Enthusiast
    Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

John wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:17 pm We need some rain soon or the whole province will be burning !
    Yes we do
    Forrest Gump
    Weather Enthusiast
    Weather Enthusiast
    Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

John wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:17 pm We need some rain soon or the whole province will be burning !
    Nice to finally get a modest sunny streak after months of rain.
    Gumperoni 43cm
    Sardineski 47cm