August 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Re: August 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by John »

Monty wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:57 pm Sept 2017 and Sept 1988. What did the following Februaries have in common?
Yes Monty is bringing his a game!
Monty
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Monty »

John wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:59 pm Yes Monty is bringing his a game!
Actually I’m not. February 2018 was kind of lame. I was thinking of 2019. :silent:
North end of Shawnigan Lake. Southern Vancouver island. 500ft
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

:shock:
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

:sick:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

:(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Monty wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm Actually I’m not. February 2018 was kind of lame. I was thinking of 2019. :silent:
Feb 2018 wasn't too bad.

3rd week of the month we had a decent arctic front interact with a surface low which dropped 5-10cm across the lower mainland. Followed by a few days of mostly clear and cold weather. Nice snowstorm to round out the week (15-35cm) before things slowly warmed up again.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Monty
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Monty »

September heat waves are kind of nice. Generally dry air and cooler longer nights by this time of the year.
North end of Shawnigan Lake. Southern Vancouver island. 500ft
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:34 am I agree with you with the cancel culture..

But seriously ? Don't start with that all lives matter racist crap. The only reason they say " Black lives matter" is because the cops keep killing African Americans without a reason, The way black people have been mistreated. If they were treated like everyone else this wouldn't be a issue. So that all lives matter is a load of b.s and takes away from the point, If it pisses you off then you are the issue. Black Lives matter because of how the hell they get treated so don't be that person to make it about you.

It's like you saying to your wife, Do you love our sex? And she replies " I love all sex" sounds dumb doesn't it eh?
I'm quite aware of what Black Lives Matter means and the plight of African Americans . I wish racism didn't exist.

Ironically your heated jumping to conclusions response is exactly what the cancel culture crowd is all about , where differing opinions are not tolerated.
Contrarian viewpoints doesn't always equal racism/hatred. Portkells and Vancitysouth both made some good points.

Maybe athletes can make a difference , certainly a lot better than rioting , looting , and violence.

To be honest , the All Lives Matter came to me the other day from a biblical and global point of view , where persecution, execution , injustices and atrocities of all manner are happening all around the world on a daily basis. The first thing that entered my mind was Mark chapter 12 where Jesus remarkably reduced the 10 ten commandments down to 2 . "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" , The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself ,There is no commandment greater than these.” What a concept! If we all did this , racism and hatred would disappear overnight.

Sorry everybody for the non weather related interruption. Back to our regularly scheduled programming, what's the forecast for tomorrow?
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Ovonucks
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher

Post by Ovonucks »

All lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter. NBA players got NBA owners to agree to some unreal things heading towards the elections (making the stadiums voting areas etc). That doesn't happen if they don't strike.
Mattman
Weather Tracker
Weather Tracker
Elevation: 65 M.

Post by Mattman »

Bonovox wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 pm:sick:
Rex Block.
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

Bonovox wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:38 pm Ugh

Would equate to local temperatures like this if it verified.
welp, so much for rotating the closet next weekend. i had figured summer was over based on the early morning feel this past week but I'll happily delay the clothing rotation for more heat
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Eff this back to school heatwave. I'll be in the midst of our two day "plan the class for pandemic learning" binge that the government has so kindly given us. My brain simply doesn't function over temps of 30C.
Coquitlam79
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by Coquitlam79 »

Defintely don't change you're wardrobe yet! The long range pattern is about as stagnant as it gets. The pattern is very amplified with the huge ridge being pumped up by a deep Bering sea low and the ridge is stuck in place by a deep Hudson bay vortex and a low offshore in the open Pacific to our south. A bit of a rex block. This type of stuck atmosphere takes weeks to get out of it. Theres a chance we are going to see one of the driest September's on record. Not good for water levels and receeding glaciers but at least heat in September doesn't translate to humid and uncomfortable nights. The radiation cooling is sufficient this time of year.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Coquitlam79 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:26 pm Defintely don't change you're wardrobe yet! The long range pattern is about as stagnant as it gets. The pattern is very amplified with the huge ridge being pumped up by a deep Bering sea low and the ridge is stuck in place by a deep Hudson bay vortex and a low offshore in the open Pacific to our south. A bit of a rex block. This type of stuck atmosphere takes weeks to get out of it. Theres a chance we are going to see one of the driest September's on record. Not good for water levels and receeding glaciers but at least heat in September doesn't translate to humid and uncomfortable nights. The radiation cooling is sufficient this time of year.
I guess the vortex developing early is a positive? Also our corn and tomato plants desperately need this.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Coquitlam79 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:26 pm Defintely don't change you're wardrobe yet! The long range pattern is about as stagnant as it gets. The pattern is very amplified with the huge ridge being pumped up by a deep Bering sea low and the ridge is stuck in place by a deep Hudson bay vortex and a low offshore in the open Pacific to our south. A bit of a rex block. This type of stuck atmosphere takes weeks to get out of it. Theres a chance we are going to see one of the driest September's on record. Not good for water levels and receeding glaciers but at least heat in September doesn't translate to humid and uncomfortable nights. The radiation cooling is sufficient this time of year.
Will be tough to even get into the top five. Top tier dry Septembers have had nearly no measurable precip...see 1975 or 2012.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)