December 2021 Forecasts And Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
Hawk
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 320/3024

Re: December 2021 Forecasts And Discussions

Post by Hawk »

Happy new year to all my buttees! :wave:

:alert: :alert: 06z :shock: :shock: omg
Of course it could easily be 18c and bommy during this strong EN, but instead March starts out troffy and chilly! :shock: :shock: Bring on some 18c sunny days
Willoughby Langley at ~320ft / Similkameeeens ~3400ft
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

WeatherPro wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:43 pm :alert: Possible Massive Crippling Snow Storm Starting Friday Night :alert:

Good day all, how was your snowfall? I see my predictions were spot on this time. I was starting to lose faith in myself. :silent:

A good helping of 15CM to 20Cm fell across the entire south coast. They system delivered with an overly fat abundance of powdery light snow.

Now onto more important things.

Friday night, into Saturday and possibly beyond is looking like a massive snowstorm potential of epic proportions.

The scene:
Very cold air still trapped in all of SW BC. System dropping out of the North and sliding down over BC.
Models overdoing the warm-up, almost guaranteed at this point. (If this system was coming out of the south west,then it would be more clear).
Ground temps are frozen very well, river temps, and water body temps are at or below freezing. Excellent ice coverage on lakes and even the Fraser River. Another clear night tonight should lower temps pretty good and as cloud cover rolls in Friday hopefully, most likely the cold temps will be held in. Almost everything is on par for snow.

Now, the system is a bit warmer, so there may be some low level sea elevation that will see a transition at some point on Sunday. My feeling is this will NOT turn to rain at higher elevations, like Burnaby, Surrey, Fraser Valley. The usual suspects.

It will start as snow at sea level as well. Wet bulb will play a role.

The uncertain part of this is there is a high chance some areas will not transition to rain, and remain snow until Monday when the temps start to drop again and snow is even more likely. This will be riding the edge for sure. So many dynamics at play that are NOT normal in these situations.

My forecast, simplified. Friday Night and Saturday will see snow at all elevations. Heavy snow. Possible amounts 20CM lower elevations and to 40CM at higher elevations and inland going into Sunday. Now IF this turns out to be all snow, these amounts will verify easily over the 2.5 days. Then Monday comes with another storm that looks like it could run into Tuesday bringing another 20Cm or more!

It really is amazing the possibilities we are at right now. This could be the winter storm that puts that Victoria storm in second place if there is NO transition over the next few days. So keep that in mind. Again, "IF"

We all know there is a possibility of a bust, but at this point it could go wither way.

This coming week looks excellent for snow lovers. Some people could end up having a combined snow cover total of over 60CM! (Combined) <- Key word.

*This is a region wide event, in fact much of western BC will feel the impacts

EXCITING! :thumbup:
This didn’t really work out so far 8-). Maybe Thursday we make up for it
wetcoast91
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 106m

Post by wetcoast91 »

Wrong thread.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

wetcoast91 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:50 pm Wrong thread.
:lol: nice try maybe try in December 2022 El Losto. :goodpost:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
wetcoast91
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 106m

Post by wetcoast91 »

Wrong thread again. I keep getting bumped to the April or December threads even after clearing my cache.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

wetcoast91 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:58 pm Wrong thread again. I keep getting bumped to the April or December threads even after clearing my cache.
:lol: :goodpost: :snowman: :chilly:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

DEC22.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.