April 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: April 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:06 pm It was a brilliant 3 second performance with her trademark smile :clap: , for what they wanted they couldn't have asked for a better shot.
I miss holding and playing with her,and making her laugh. :(
Otherwise the show itself is garbage. :lol: , no wonder it's not on any major networks.
Awww sweet Sir Gumps l feel for you my friend this is all unreal that a virus has virtually robbed us of things we do normally. It's hard to wrap your head around it. It's just a grocery list of things we can't do for now. I keep thinking it's a bad dream.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

stuffradio wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:00 am Looks like rain
Wonderful analysis Capt. Stuffs, baby got your tongue. :lol:
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Canada Goose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:37 am Burke Mountain rain gauge is showing 0 mm since this morning, which is impossible I think (according to the radar).
Here in Downtown PoCo, it has been raining since last night. :eh:
Go and fix it CG you like checking out weather stations on private property. :lol: must be a contact to report it not working.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:54 pm Nice, we get the bronze medal. Better than nothing I guess...considering there's no sports to watch.

Good to see the rain back as it was getting too dry out there in forest land. But even a wet May doesn't guarantee that we won't get forest fire problems in the summer.
Should have gone for the gold Grumpalot oh well beats the overweight classic snow contest that was put on pause due to Covid19, oh well maybe next winter l'll capture the trophy.
Your lucky Grumpy you get to keep the trophy in your grasp for now. :twisted: just think by the time hockey comes back Luongo's re capture will have run out. Money for nothing's contract will finally be done. Markstrom wil have retired. Hughes and Petey's contracts were done deals Covid19 reduced salary's.
And last the Knuckles will be on verge of bankruptcy. A scary thought but the new reality.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:08 pm Should have gone for the gold Grumpalot oh well beats the overweight classic snow contest that was put on pause due to Covid19, oh well maybe next winter l'll capture the trophy.
Your lucky Grumpy you get to keep the trophy in your grasp for now. :twisted: just think by the time hockey comes back Luongo's re capture will have run out. Money for nothing's contract will finally be done. Markstrom wil have retired. Hughes and Petey's contracts were done deals Covid19 reduced salary's.
And last the Knuckles will be on verge of bankruptcy. A scary thought but the new reality.
Lol , you're too funny , the virus has put a halt to many things but as far as I know it hasn't stopped or changed the weather :lol: . You won the 2nd Annual Over the Hill Winter Classic fair and square. Here you go buddy, the new and improved trophy is all yours.
106517942-toilet-paper-character-holding-golden-trophy-isolated-on-white-background-3d-illustration_copy_487x649.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:57 pm Go and fix it CG you like checking out weather stations on private property. :lol: must be a contact to report it not working.
Fixed!

Capture d’écran 2020-04-22 à 20.37.57.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

John wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:46 am This pandemic has been greatly exaggerated imo. It’s put a lot of fear into people
I like you but cut this crap out.
This is coming from someone who just NOW is finally being able to feel okay enough to do stuff on my own "shower" "eat". I lost 15 pounds during this, I was in and out of the hosptial 3 times. Do you know how scary it is and how you feel mentally defeated when you have a virus with no cure? The thought of the unknown? It's not fun not being able to breathe and feeling like you can't win. The intense fever the sweating the pain is something I wish no one will get. The whole point of this lockdown is not to stop the spread but SLOW it down so our healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed. Even till this day I am not 100 percent, Still weak and exhausted. It was impossible to sleep, So when I say I don't wish this on anyone, I truly mean it. The scariest part was fainting and thinking you have no idea what to expect next. I see some people get no symptoms while others are mild. This was not the case with me.

Side not: 4 am and still have some symptoms with nagging cough and chest pain.

Stay safe
Last edited by Weather101 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠👌
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:28 pm All good points Abby Sr. different times though compared to the Spanish flu ppl nowadays travel and need to get from place to place how long before ppl get frustrated being stuck inside. I had a cold about 4 weeks ago first cold in over 5 years. How do I know if I had the mild version I'll never know.
Good chance it was.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Weather101 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:46 am I like you but cut this crap out.
This is coming from someone who just NOW is finally being able to feel okay enough to do stuff on my own "shower" "eat". I lost 15 pounds during this, I was in and out of the hosptial 3 times. Do you know how scary it is and how you feel mentally defeated when you have a virus with no cure? The thought of the unknown? It's not fun not being able to breathe and feeling like you can't win. The intense fever the sweating the pain is something I wish no one will get. The whole point of this lockdown is not to stop the spread but SLOW it down so our healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed. Even till this day I am not 100 percent, Still weak and exhausted. It was impossible to sleep, So when I say I don't wish this on anyone, I truly mean it. The scariest part was fainting and thinking you have no idea what to expect next. I see some people get no symptoms while others are mild. This was not the case with me.

Side not: 4 am and still have some symptoms with nagging cough and chest pain.

Stay safe
I like you too:)! glad you’re doing better where did you pick up the corona virus?
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

John wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:27 am I like you too:)! glad you’re doing better where did you pick up the corona virus?
Thank you, Still struggling with the breathing part unfortunately but we were able to trace it back to a co worker who was showing no symptoms. How most of the cases spread unfortunately. Be also careful if your doing skip the dishes and door dash my friend is fairly certain she got it from that. Even contactless delivery is still someone touching it! Not to fear monger or scare anyone.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Weather101 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:39 am Thank you, Still struggling with the breathing part unfortunately but we were able to trace it back to a co worker who was showing no symptoms. How most of the cases spread unfortunately. Be also careful if your doing skip the dishes and door dash my friend is fairly certain she got it from that. Even contactless delivery is still someone touching it! Not to fear monger or scare anyone.
Wow. Glad you're at least on the upswing. That's crazy. And hopefully more people share their stories. Fear is a natural response to a clear threat. Fear is part of our survival. It needs to be managed yes, but same with any emotion.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Any chance we can avoid record dry April?
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Doesn't look that wet this weekend per the 3k NAM. Once again, expect a fraction of the gfs totals. Frankly I'd rather it rains on weekdays anyway.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:34 pm Doesn't look that wet this weekend per the 3k NAM. Once again, expect a fraction of the gfs totals. Frankly I'd rather it rains on weekdays anyway.
Yeah seems to have been watered down. Still looks wet into next week. With possibly 1 warm day on Wednesday. Got the lawn mowed today so good to go.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:30 pm Wow. Glad you're at least on the upswing. That's crazy. And hopefully more people share their stories. Fear is a natural response to a clear threat. Fear is part of our survival. It needs to be managed yes, but same with any emotion.
Wicked experience for sure just like Influenza but from mild to severe cases.
CYCW station