Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 pm Yep. People are fed up with these "protesters". Hospitals should've been an all time low but elementary schools will not go over well.
I only see the rifts and divsions growing in the present environment unfortunately. Does not bode very well for the future. Hope I'm wrong.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:05 pm I only see the rifts and divsions growing in the present environment unfortunately. Does not bode very well for the future. Hope I'm wrong.
The future could not be more bleak. On any and all fronts things are terrible. I also sincerely wish things were way different. I won't have kids and many in my generation are opting out. That's sad. :(
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:52 pm The future could not be more bleak. On any and all fronts things are terrible. I also sincerely wish things were way different. I won't have kids and many in my generation are opting out. That's sad. :(
Unfortunately this has turned into a media frenzy they eat it up and feed it to us.
Anything that's news worthy about this pandemic it's all negative news.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:40 am It seems to me that we're forgetting the law of unintended consequences. The unvaccinated are just going to congregate in places where the passport is not required or being enforced. What's worse, a single room where 75% of people are fully vaxxed... or two rooms, one with 100% fully vaxxed and another with maybe 50% fully vaxxed? Is there even a difference?

Speaking of unintended consequences... I'm fully vaxxed, but won't be signing up for a passport, so I guess I just won't be patronizing those establishments which require it.
That's sad Abby sr.
CYCW station
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

PortKells wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:52 pm The future could not be more bleak. On any and all fronts things are terrible. I also sincerely wish things were way different. I won't have kids and many in my generation are opting out. That's sad. :(
Same, I have no kids, and will not. My brother and his wife also decided no kids. Not only is the whole earth falling apart physically, but socially. Nothing will get better. The cost of living and trying to afford housing is beyond reasonable and I know people with kids struggling to death because they can't find a place to afford as businesses and companies continue to not pay a living wage.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

Man, remember how great things were in the 90's? It didn't always seem great at the time, but I guess we took it for granted. Will things be even worse 25 years from now, and if we're still alive will we look back at today and talk about how much better things were? :lol:

Housing is disgusting. Most people I know are basically stuck living where they are. Those who own condos or townhomes can't afford to move up the property ladder. Those who rent are completely frozen out of the market. They are afraid to even move because their rent would skyrocket. A friend of mine got married last year at 43 years old, and him and his wife just spent a year trying to find a house to buy. They eventually gave up and rented a condo. Last I heard they had bought into a pre-sale condo out of desperation. I wanted to move 5 years ago and wish I had. It's even harder now despite having more money to play with.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Abby_wx wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:56 pm Man, remember how great things were in the 90's? It didn't always seem great at the time, but I guess we took it for granted. Will things be even worse 25 years from now, and if we're still alive will we look back at today and talk about how much better things were? :lol:

Housing is disgusting. Most people I know are basically stuck living where they are. Those who own condos or townhomes can't afford to move up the property ladder. Those who rent are completely frozen out of the market. They are afraid to even move because their rent would skyrocket. A friend of mine got married last year at 43 years old, and him and his wife just spent a year trying to find a house to buy. They eventually gave up and rented a condo. Last I heard they had bought into a pre-sale condo out of desperation. I wanted to move 5 years ago and wish I had. It's even harder now despite having more money to play with.
My wife and I got tired of it and bought a nice RV for 43k. We want to eventually get a tiny house. Unfortunately most people don't have a place to put them as local governments seem opposed to this viable and sustainable solution (for some). Yet very supportive of allowing 15,000 sq ft houses on our increasingly rare viable farmland. Makes sense...
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

PortKells wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:08 pm My wife and I got tired of it and bought a nice RV for 43k. We want to eventually get a tiny house. Unfortunately most people don't have a place to put them as local governments seem opposed to this viable and sustainable solution (for some). Yet very supportive of allowing 15,000 sq ft houses on our increasingly rare viable farmland. Makes sense...
Yep. I shake my head every time I drive by one of those places... absolutely ridiculous (not to mention hideous).
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

Just to give you guys some perspective: My parents bought a brand new house, just built in Fraser Heights in 1998 for $350,000, 3 nice sized bedrooms, Games room, front room, dining room, family room and den. So quite a large house. In 2010 the sold it for about $800,000. Now in 2021 the asking price for homes in that cul-de-sac are going for 1.6 Million! How is it acceptable to have housing jump like that?! Wages have not gone up anywhere NEAR the amount needed to put people in houses. In fact a lot of places are only hiring part time so they don't have to pay benefits etc.

It's a complete joke, and I blame everyone, because nobody is fighting. Instead we get protests for idiot things like anti-vaxers.

I'm stuck where I live because my rent is still ok since I've been here 11 years. If I moved I would be looking at and extortionate amount of $300 more min. a month more. Just asinine!

Everyone using the pandemic as an excuse to raise food prices and other things because they are greedy idiots and they know we bend over and take it up the ass. I'm so sick of it all.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hound wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:57 pm Just to give you guys some perspective: My parents bought a brand new house, just built in Fraser Heights in 1998 for $350,000, 3 nice sized bedrooms, Games room, front room, dining room, family room and den. So quite a large house. In 2010 the sold it for about $800,000. Now in 2021 the asking price for homes in that cul-de-sac are going for 1.6 Million! How is it acceptable to have housing jump like that?! Wages have not gone up anywhere NEAR the amount needed to put people in houses. In fact a lot of places are only hiring part time so they don't have to pay benefits etc.

It's a complete joke, and I blame everyone, because nobody is fighting. Instead we get protests for idiot things like anti-vaxers.

I'm stuck where I live because my rent is still ok since I've been here 11 years. If I moved I would be looking at and extortionate amount of $300 more min. a month more. Just asinine!

Everyone using the pandemic as an excuse to raise food prices and other things because they are greedy idiots and they know we bend over and take it up the ass. I'm so sick of it all.
Someone l know is so fed with everything going on their selling there house and moving to 100 mile.
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Holy Alberta. Hospitalizations approaching 1000. 222 in ICU. 29 deaths in one day. Mostly unvaccinated, aka dying for the cause. Some vaccinated folks dying, not everyone gets a strong immune response, especially elderly and immuno. That province is just hurting right now. Kenney is majorly under fire so he's throwing his cabinet leaders under the bus.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm Holy Alberta. Hospitalizations approaching 1000. 222 in ICU. 29 deaths in one day. Mostly unvaccinated, aka dying for the cause. Some vaccinated folks dying, not everyone gets a strong immune response, especially elderly and immuno. That province is just hurting right now. Kenney is majorly under fire so he's throwing his cabinet leaders under the bus.
That's insane Kells although when they basically said pandemic over in July and completely opened up everything you knew afew months later all hell would break loose.
I'm not a Dr. but even l foresaw this happening.
So glad we in B.C. somewhat kept a lid on things,
500+ cases today here but still holding our own.
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:41 pm That's insane Kells although when they basically said pandemic over in July and completely opened up everything you knew afew months later all hell would break loose.
I'm not a Dr. but even l foresaw this happening.
So glad we in B.C. somewhat kept a lid on things,
500+ cases today here but still holding our own.
Its still not great here. Especially in less populated areas with lower vaccination rates. Ugh..just want to stop having to think about this.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 pm Its still not great here. Especially in less populated areas with lower vaccination rates. Ugh..just want to stop having to think about this.
Yeah, but still Kells the north has a weird mentality it's probably like nothing bad happens in the north.
As far as not having to think about l get it but unfortunately it's our reality we live in now you can't hide under a rock.
You still have to live your life Kells, on that note kick back enjoy the winter ride coming up hope it's not a dumpster fire 🔥 or roll coaster can't stomach either.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

700+ cases today and 10 deaths in B.C. when will it end, they say 79% are fully vaccinated in B.C. l don't see it slowing down so demoralizing.
CYCW station