Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 am Some Brazilians have now been ventilated without sedation. That is pure torture. I would take death over that. That is what happens when you play it like everything is normal.

Ontario meanwhile...man. horrible situation there. I thought Ford was generally doing a decent job but then I read he is idealogically opposed to sick leave and people are predictably coming in sick. Now they have a true lockdown. Can't leave your house except for essentials.

Here in BC...are we plateauing? Too soon to say but it looks like the circuit breaker might be slowly starting to kick. I have a friend who's unable to get out of bed, he said he could barely even text. Sounds like he's one step away from a hospital bed. Wife brought it home from school. He's in his 40s.

Stay safe Everyone! Vaccines are coming fast now, amazing news with 8 million extra Pfizer doses before summer.

Vaccines are coming in to slow federal government failure imo,
You got to admit if this was a conservative government in power the media would be all over it but with Trudeau he gets a free pass I really feel like that’s the way it is
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

John wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:14 pm You got to admit if this was a conservative government in power the media would be all over it but with Trudeau he gets a free pass I really feel like that’s the way it is
I feel like the thought of increased media criticism with conservative governments is pretty much a myth.

I don't recall any provincial conservative party ever being on the receiving end of so much vitriol during their time in government and for over a decade after they were voted out like the Ontario or BC NDP both did after their mandates ended in 1995 and 2001 respectively.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Typeing3 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:42 pm I feel like the thought of increased media criticism with conservative governments is pretty much a myth.

I don't recall any provincial conservative party ever being on the receiving end of so much vitriol during their time in government and for over a decade after they were voted out like the Ontario or BC NDP both did after their mandates ended in 1995 and 2001 respectively.
I agree that did not used to be the case but it is now for sure especially with the CBC, they are always putting Kenny and Ford in bad light. Surely there is enough negative material about Trudeau to work with but they are in love with Justin (especially Rosemary Barton :shh:)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:14 pm Vaccines are coming in to slow federal government failure imo,
You got to admit if this was a conservative government in power the media would be all over it but with Trudeau he gets a free pass I really feel like that’s the way it is
The media has criticised the vaccine roll out quite a bit from what I've seen. And is it even that slow? One of the fastest in the world. Production delays have affected most countries.

Still lots of vaccine hesitancy out there especially with the overblown blood clot risk. I would take AstraZeneca easily but I have co-workers who would wait 3 weeks for the other ones.

Countries that produce domestically like USA and UK have done better. Apparently we should've invested in that area before this happened. Oh well, maybe next time.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:33 pm The media has criticised the vaccine roll out quite a bit from what I've seen. And is it even that slow? One of the fastest in the world. Production delays have affected most countries.

Still lots of vaccine hesitancy out there especially with the overblown blood clot risk. I would take AstraZeneca easily but I have co-workers who would wait 3 weeks for the other ones.

Countries that produce domestically like USA and UK have done better. Apparently we should've invested in that area before this happened. Oh well, maybe next time.
Lol
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:36 pmLol
Eggcellent points by both of you. :thumbup:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:31 am Eggcellent points by both of you. :thumbup:
Are you yoking?
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:31 amAre you yoking?
:lol:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

862 cases today. Good news! Keep bringing that number down and ICU will start to follow. As of now we're still seeing ICUs get slammed.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

ICU at 161 today....
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:49 pm ICU at 161 today....
Yep. Should hopefully peak soon if numbers continue to stall and vaccinations kick. 1750 elective surgeries cancelled which will inconvenience some people but they will catch up eventually.
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

PortKells wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:01 pm Yep. Should hopefully peak soon if numbers continue to stall and vaccinations kick. 1750 elective surgeries cancelled which will inconvenience some people but they will catch up eventually.
Still 503 people in the hospital and 178 in ICU. Thankfully our daily cases are falling. I'm currently laid off work because of the restrictions on indoor dining. I hope they lift that order on May 25th so I can get back to work.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

AbbyJr wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 pm Still 503 people in the hospital and 178 in ICU. Thankfully our daily cases are falling. I'm currently laid off work because of the restrictions on indoor dining. I hope they lift that order on May 25th so I can get back to work.
I hope so.

What if they don't though? Isn't anyone (who is qualified) going to challenge these draconian and CLEARLY unscientific restrictions? This whole thing is really starting to piss me off. Something needs to be done. It doesn't even affect me personally since I WFH but this shìt is not good. :think:
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap:
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Antares wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:21 pm I hope so.

What if they don't though? Isn't anyone (who is qualified) going to challenge these draconian and CLEARLY unscientific restrictions? This whole thing is really starting to piss me off. Something needs to be done. It doesn't even affect me personally since I WFH but this shìt is not good. :think:
Amen
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

AbbyJr wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 pm Still 503 people in the hospital and 178 in ICU. Thankfully our daily cases are falling. I'm currently laid off work because of the restrictions on indoor dining. I hope they lift that order on May 25th so I can get back to work.
Very sorry to hear that Jr. This sucks a lot. Our hospital numbers are pretty bad, I hope they go down soon. Case numbers are falling slowly, hopefully that picks up speed so you can go back to work soon.