Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:32 pm Good analysis and discussion.
https://youtu.be/YlcgtA82RvM
https://youtu.be/8YIhSOL_23A
Yah Rogan is a beast at interviews. :thumbup:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Interesting, no need for mandatory vaccines for climate conferences...

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu ... e-to-covid
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:45 am Interesting, no need for mandatory vaccines for climate conferences...

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu ... e-to-covid
Climate conferences should be virtual anyways if they want to lead by examples. This world is run by dumbasses.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 pm Yah Rogan is a beast at interviews. :thumbup:
There's still no scientific proof that ivermectin works on covid, and most people can't afford the human version which is why people were going out and buying up all the horse stuff. IMO Joe Rogan is an elitist now. ( "I can afford the human stuff") well lots of your listeners can't! The vaccines are free, safe and effective and selling ivermectin as an alternative is not a great idea. This guy has zero medical training and people trust his opinions.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

Ivermectin is dirt cheap, and works wonders to combats river blindness, but there's no evidence it works for Covid.

Here is a really good article breaking down the Joe Rogan interview with Dr. Gupta. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/10/ ... -revealed/

But National Review is a conservative source, so to provide balance, here left winger breaking down a segment of the interview. He makes some good points but seems to be too friendly with Ivermectin.

https://youtu.be/kCO8bRAaXjU
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:01 am This guy has zero medical training and people trust his opinions.
Don't think he was actively trying to convince people to take ivermectin. In that segment of the podcast, he was (rightfully) pressing Dr. Gupta on the CNN coverage regarding him taking ivermectin and asking why they would chose to propagate misinformation and be so gleeful about it.

At the end of the day, it really highlights the point as to why many people may be turned off from traditional media these days. Quite ironic when people claim that Joe Rogan is elitist but completely ignore the role of traditional large corporate media firms, who have huge power to have real impacts on society as a whole. Even if the information that they propagate is false, lacking context or suited to fit the agenda of their donors.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Typeing3 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:55 pm Don't think he was actively trying to convince people to take ivermectin. In that segment of the podcast, he was (rightfully) pressing Dr. Gupta on the CNN coverage regarding him taking ivermectin and asking why they would chose to propagate misinformation and be so gleeful about it.

At the end of the day, it really highlights the point as to why many people may be turned off from traditional media these days. Quite ironic when people claim that Joe Rogan is elitist but completely ignore the role of traditional large corporate media firms, who have huge power to have real impacts on society as a whole. Even if the information that they propagate is false, lacking context or suited to fit the agenda of their donors.
In 2021 Joe is mainstream. His podcast is the biggest one. Has he endorsed ivermectin? When he got covid he went online and outlined his treatment plan including ivermectin. In today's world, that is an endorsement. If we are going to go on about vaccines being unproven, I don't think you can credibly tout this other cure before it's been fully studied. Especially with people searching for any reason they can find to avoid the shot. Unfortunately, many of these people elected for the horse version. in fact they bought it all up and some horses actually couldn't get their medicine!

If you are referring to me in the second part (you can call me out by name, I won't be offended) I've never ignored the harm of these massive media corporations. I believe they should be broken up. That includes maybe the worst one, Fox.

What I have done is resisted the notion that anyone who opposes them is automatically correct by way of opposition. That includes say, trump, and anyone who plays the anti MSM identity politics game to score points. This is as harmful as MSM itself in my opinion. "CNN says Biden won? Must mean trump won!" And so on.

I also resist the notion that someone like Gupta loses credibility solely based on his affiliation with CNN. IMO He comes off as a caring and knowledgeable man that wants to help. Maybe he has to compromise and join up with an evil giant media behemoth to get his message out. It doesn't sound like he was the "horse de wormer" guy so why is he taking all this heat for it? Watch Sanjay Gupta as a guest on the late Show, he is honestly a good guy and not some rich man's puppet.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm

If you are referring to me in the second part (you can call me out by name, I won't be offended) I've never ignored the harm of these massive media corporations. I believe they should be broken up. That includes maybe the worst one, Fox.

What I have done is resisted the notion that anyone who opposes them is automatically correct by way of opposition. That includes say, trump, and anyone who plays the anti MSM identity politics game to score points. This is as harmful as MSM itself in my opinion. "CNN says Biden won? Must mean trump won!" And so on.

100% agree with this.
PortKells wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm
I also resist the notion that someone like Gupta loses credibility solely based on his affiliation with CNN. IMO He comes off as a caring and knowledgeable man that wants to help. Maybe he has to compromise and join up with an evil giant media behemoth to get his message out. It doesn't sound like he was the "horse de wormer" guy so why is he taking all this heat for it? Watch Sanjay Gupta as a guest on the late Show, he is honestly a good guy and not some rich man's puppet.
Also don't think Gupta should be taking all the heat on this issue. The problem is obviously larger than him and important questions should be asked, though I doubt anything will change.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Trudumb was in Kamloops today it was a photo op. what a joke no promises made as in when. :roll:
CYCW station
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:05 pm Trudumb was in Kamloops today it was a photo op. what a joke no promises made as in when. :roll:
That's a good one. :lol: :lol:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

I've had a really bad cold this week. I'm starting to feel better now but my taste buds are totally messed up. Coffee tastes so bitter even if I add tonnes of cream and sugar. One sip of beer, and I feel like I could never stomach the taste of beer again.

Could this be covid? My wife and I got sick at the same time and were both about the same sick, but she isn't vaxxed but I am.

I though for sure it was just a cold because our fully vaxxed renter gave it to our youngest child a couple weeks ago (she works at a daycare), but not so sure anymore. Maybe I should get tested.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Glacier wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:41 am I've had a really bad cold this week. I'm starting to feel better now but my taste buds are totally messed up. Coffee tastes so bitter even if I add tonnes of cream and sugar. One sip of beer, and I feel like I could never stomach the taste of beer again.

Could this be covid? My wife and I got sick at the same time and were both about the same sick, but she isn't vaxxed but I am.

I though for sure it was just a cold because our fully vaxxed renter gave it to our youngest child a couple weeks ago (she works at a daycare), but not so sure anymore. Maybe I should get tested.
Probably a good idea Glace, symptoms sound like it.
Then again l'm not Dr. Henry, chances are if you get tested and it's negative they'll include it in the Covid numbers just to skew the numbers, fear mongering :roll:
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:14 am Probably a good idea Glace, symptoms sound like it.
Then again l'm not Dr. Henry, chances are if you get tested and it's negative they'll include it in the Covid numbers just to skew the numbers, fear mongering :roll:
That itself is fear mongering sardine. We need to calm down with the conspiracies. Public health officials are just as if not more tired of this as you are.

Glacier that sounds like what I had a week ago in fact our whole class caught it. Some people got tested and they all came back negative.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:08 am That itself is fear mongering sardine. We need to calm down with the conspiracies. Public health officials are just as if not more tired of this as you are.

Glacier that sounds like what I had a week ago in fact our whole class caught it. Some people got tested and they all came back negative.
Yeah l know Kells, heard on the news Delta plus is starting up in the U.K. and Europe l believe.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:08 am That itself is fear mongering sardine. We need to calm down with the conspiracies. Public health officials are just as if not more tired of this as you are.

Geesh hope Glace is o.k. he hasn't posted since he posted his symptoms. :?
CYCW station