Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by Weather101 »

Antares wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:45 pm Y'all falling for this covid bs still? :think:

I saw a video of cars lined up 8 blocks in Vancouver just to get tested for a cold virus. :lol: :clap: :clap:
Just out of curiosity have you had Covid or know anyone who has? Always like to hear peoples perspectives on it. Maybe the people I know including myself weren’t so lucky to have it as easy as others.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:58 am Just out of curiosity have you had Covid or know anyone who has? Always like to hear peoples perspectives on it. Maybe the people I know including myself weren’t so lucky to have it as easy as others.
I know 4 people who have had it.

1 was completely asymptomatic, 2 were sick for a couple days with common cold symptoms, and 1 had a bit more severe flu-like symptoms but was fine within a week.

I may have had it (on two occasions over the last 2 years I've been sick for a couple days), but have never bothered to get tested. :think:
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:11 am I know 4 people who have had it.

1 was completely asymptomatic, 2 were sick for a couple days with common cold symptoms, and 1 had a bit more severe flu-like symptoms but was fine within a week.

I may have had it (on two occasions over the last 2 years I've been sick for a couple days), but have never bothered to get tested. :think:
Couple drivers at work had it, l think l might have had it back in January 2020, rarely get sick but got a bad cold that time, nothing since.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:11 am I know 4 people who have had it.

I’m assuming this was before vaccines? And that sounds about par for most people a few days and then there fine.

Honestly you could have a headache and sore throat for a few days and that could be Covid really depends.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:39 am I’m assuming this was before vaccines? And that sounds about par for most people a few days and then there fine.

Honestly you could have a headache and sore throat for a few days and that could be Covid really depends.
One of the two people with common cold symptoms had both shots already when they got it but yeah for the other 3 it was before vaccines.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:43 am One of the two people with common cold symptoms had both shots already when they got it but yeah for the other 3 it was before vaccines.
Jan 2020 it was in the news but at that time l remember they would say the risk to Canadians was low, but Wuhan was just exploding with the original Covid.
CYCW station
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:06 am Jan 2020 it was in the news but at that time l remember they would say the risk to Canadians was low, but Wuhan was just exploding with the original Covid.
“Low risk”

2 years later :lol:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:23 am “Low risk”

2 years later :lol:
Yup l remember day after day and then March 12th/2020 came and life changed forever.
Amen.
CYCW station
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

The virus is real but unbelievably exaggerated
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:08 am The virus is real but unbelievably exaggerated
l believe you John.
CYCW station
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Antares wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:45 pm Y'all falling for this covid bs still? :think:

I saw a video of cars lined up 8 blocks in Vancouver just to get tested for a cold virus. :lol: :clap: :clap:
I've given up. I no longer care. Not getting any booster. I'm just going to live my life as normal.

I have a good friend who works in one of BC largest hospitals, and I asked her what the hell is going on, and she said she can't talk openly because they have been threatened with being fired if they talk to the media, even when the official story put out by the hospital is a flat out lie, which she says happens quite often, she must say nothing.

The hospital is not full despite what her superiors tell the media, and there are under 20 cases of Covid in large hospital (which is far below where it was at this time last year and last month).

The part that really got me is the sudden death of a relative after his booster, and having the coroner trying to get out of doing an autopsy. The funeral home said, "ya, he's not doing many this year. It is rather strange."

Anyway, I've looked further at the government data, and I have to say, the fact that vaccinated people with Covid have the same odds of dying as unvaccinated people with covid is flippin' shocking, but here it is.

Here is a summary of Table 2 (note the last row):
table2summary.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

Glacier wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:09 pm I've given up. I no longer care. Not getting any booster. I'm just going to live my life as normal.

I have a good friend who works in one of BC largest hospitals, and I asked her what the hell is going on, and she said she can't talk openly because they have been threatened with being fired if they talk to the media, even when the official story put out by the hospital is a flat out lie, which she says happens quite often, she must say nothing.

The hospital is not full despite what her superiors tell the media, and there are under 20 cases of Covid in large hospital (which is far below where it was at this time last year and last month).

The part that really got me is the sudden death of a relative after his booster, and having the coroner trying to get out of doing an autopsy. The funeral home said, "ya, he's not doing many this year. It is rather strange."

Anyway, I've looked further at the government data, and I have to say, the fact that vaccinated people with Covid have the same odds of dying as unvaccinated people with covid is flippin' shocking, but here it is.

table2summary.png
Not many autopsies done this year? That is strange.

I had the virus at least once (in May 2020) for a few days and it wasn't that bad. Swine flu in 2009 was much worse. Thought I was gonna die with that one as I could hardly breathe.

Despite what the pharma companies and media will say, the vaccines are entirely ineffective against Omi. The real-world data available and the research done by academics does not support it. Luckily, Omi is vastly less serious than the previous primary strains, which had a survival rate of ~99.8% for most people unless morbidly obese or old, so this new one must be ~99.99% or so :lol: . With that said, why the hell would anyone get vaccinated for such a non-serious virus when vaccine safety is clearly not as good as it should be? Not logical.

Next year, I expect the government to overreach their illegitimate authority and only allow "vaxxed" people inside grocery stores and other essential areas. I put the term vaxxed in quotations because it is defined by them. You could have the 2 shots as they originally defined as "fully vaccinated" but come next year, who knows how many boosters you'll need to be considered "fully vaccinated". Utter craziness and completely illogical.
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap:
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Glacier wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:09 pm I've given up. I no longer care. Not getting any booster. I'm just going to live my life as normal.

table2summary.png
It’s funny because I’ve heard people say this before who work at the hospital and I truly believe it. It’s sad we need to lie about the actual numbers. Like why? The media shouldn’t be allowed to do this..