Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by Weather101 »

Antares wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:32 pm Not many autopsies done this year? That is strange.

I had the virus at least once (in May 2020) for a few days and it wasn't that bad. Swine flu in 2009 was much worse. Thought I was gonna die with that one as I could hardly breathe.

Despite what the pharma companies and media will say, the vaccines are entirely ineffective against Omi. The real-world data available and the research done by academics does not support it. Luckily, Omi is vastly less serious than the previous primary strains, which had a survival rate of ~99.8% for most people unless morbidly obese or old, so this new one must be ~99.99% or so :lol: . With that said, why the hell would anyone get vaccinated for such a non-serious virus when vaccine safety is clearly not as good as it should be? Not logical.

Next year, I expect the government to overreach their illegitimate authority and only allow "vaxxed" people inside grocery stores and other essential areas. I put the term vaxxed in quotations because it is defined by them. You could have the 2 shots as they originally defined as "fully vaccinated" but come next year, who knows how many boosters you'll need to be considered "fully vaccinated". Utter craziness and completely illogical.
Dude.. If they say we need these many shots etc to enter a grocery store that would be so pathetic. I’m vaccinated but you can’t take away peoples food and survival over a shot. Definitely tho it’s going to be 3 shots in the near future to be fully vaccinated.

I have a question for everyone. Do you ever see the vaccine card ever going away? Like when we could enter places normally?
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:33 pm It’s funny because I’ve heard people say this before who work at the hospital and I truly believe it. It’s sad we need to lie about the actual numbers. Like why? The media shouldn’t be allowed to do this..
I know two people (1 family member, 1 friend) who work in public health and have said the exact same thing many times over. They've stopped checking news because they know a lot of it has always just been fear mongering from the get go.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:37 pm I know two people (1 family member, 1 friend) who work in public health and have said the exact same thing many times over. They've stopped checking news because they know a lot of it has always just been fear mongering from the get go.
But that’s the thing. So many people now see through it and call out the media in the comments on social media. Some platforms don’t even let you comment anymore.

My whole point is why? Why fear monger ? It really makes those so called “ conspiracy’s theorists “ a year ago look pretty good.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Even if you accept the vaccine passport system (which is insane to begin with, imo), it is completely illogical that natural immunity is not even considered. Something else is definitely at play with this entire situation at this point.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:39 pm But that’s the thing. So many people now see through it and call out the media in the comments on social media. Some platforms don’t even let you comment anymore.

My whole point is why? Why fear monger ? It really makes those so called “ conspiracy’s theorists “ a year ago look pretty good.
There are more than enough people who are happy with more restrictions, lockdowns, vaccine passports, etc. As long as they can be justified by what rhetoric the media, government other officials are using.

Many are more than willing to take in all the news at face value without pondering how the hell we have come to where we are even at this stage, almost two years later.

Precedents, followed by normalization, followed by more precedents. Yes, the "conspiracy theorists" of one month, six months, one year ago have been proven right on some accounts but that does not matter once things get normalized.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:44 pm There are more than enough people who are happy with more restrictions, lockdowns, vaccine passports, etc. As long as they can be justified by what rhetoric the media, government other officials are using.

Many are more than willing to take in all the news at face value without pondering how the hell we have come to where we are even at this stage, almost two years later.

Precedents, followed by normalization, followed by more precedents. Yes, the "conspiracy theorists" of one month, six months, one year ago have been proven right on some accounts but that does not matter once things get normalized.
To be honest, this charade is nothing short of psychological abuse and manipulation. Same tactics are used by domestic abusers.
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap:
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Antares wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:52 pm To be honest, this charade is nothing short of psychological abuse and manipulation. Same tactics are used by domestic abusers.
:lol: :lol:
https://youtu.be/ojPcF-oLABE
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:44 pm There are more than enough people who are happy with more restrictions, lockdowns, vaccine passports, etc. As long as they can be justified by what rhetoric the media, government other officials are using.

It’s almost like people don’t want the pandemic to end and they are happy with more restrictions and rules. It’s honestly amazing to see people say “ lock it down “ more restrictions “. The longer they make this go eventually it becomes normal and this will be how we live. Think about the last time you went into a place without a mask. Do you think the majority of people will still wear masks in the future even if the rule is gone? Yup. People feel uncomfortable touching cash now (I don’t) think that will change ? Nope. This is truly will be our new normal.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:41 pm Even if you accept the vaccine passport system (which is insane to begin with, imo), it is completely illogical that natural immunity is not even considered. Something else is definitely at play with this entire situation at this point.
“ you are not forced to take the vaccine “ they said this. Yet jobs want proof, restaurants, arenas, bars, libraries and basically anything you wanna do.

Sounds kinda forced to me ?
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:22 pm “ you are not forced to take the vaccine “ they said this. Yet jobs want proof, restaurants, arenas, bars, libraries and basically anything you wanna do.

Sounds kinda forced to me ?
Saying "it's a choice" (among many other things) at this point is just a cop out.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:19 pm It’s almost like people don’t want the pandemic to end and they are happy with more restrictions and rules. It’s honestly amazing to see people say “ lock it down “ more restrictions “. The longer they make this go eventually it becomes normal and this will be how we live. Think about the last time you went into a place without a mask. Do you think the majority of people will still wear masks in the future even if the rule is gone? Yup. People feel uncomfortable touching cash now (I don’t) think that will change ? Nope. This is truly will be our new normal.
Yep. My outlook on the future is not positive at all, especially seeing how easily and quickly a so-called enlightened, and liberal society can become split and/or radicalized and come to accept (and even cheer on) seemingly never-ending aspects of authoritarianism without question.

But observing this situation from a sociological point of view would be fascinating. Just to view the collective impact on how people's worldview and psyche can change almost instantly, wholly dependant on an unwavering constant feed from the media, governments and big corporations. Hence why precedent after precedent can become normalized.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:43 pm Yep. My outlook on the future is not positive at all, especially seeing how easily and quickly a so-called enlightened, and liberal society can become split and/or radicalized and come to accept (and even cheer on) seemingly never-ending aspects of authoritarianism without question.

But observing this situation from a sociological point of view would be fascinating. Just to view the collective impact on how people's worldview and psyche can change almost instantly, wholly dependant on an unwavering constant feed from the media, governments and big corporations. Hence why precedent after precedent can become normalized.
What it shows is the government can do anything and literally people won’t question Sh*t. They will sit back and accept it. Look, I’m not saying vaccines are bad because they are not and I’m double vaxxed. But what is wrong is media control and lies and what’s even worse is the fact people don’t have a mind of themselves.. They literally read a headline and see “1200” cases and think “ lockdown “. We have so much information in the palm of our hands there is zero excuse to be dumb and misinformed. We have so called educated people sitting back and wanting to call the cops on anyone who invites people over for Christmas. I know someone who is literally not inviting his own daughter over for Christmas because he said she’s unvaccinated and went on a rant about it and how he won’t break the rules. I’m like dude, Seriously?
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

This being a 4 day weekend, you know the numbers will be absolutely insane.
More fuel for the government to pour on the fire and scare us into oblivion. :roll:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:06 am This being a 4 day weekend, you know the numbers will be absolutely insane.
More fuel for the government to pour on the fire and scare us into oblivion. :roll:
Looks like another full lock down could be incoming

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... scientists
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

I read somewhere that BC is only capable of doing 20,000 tests a day. Assuming a 10% positivity rate, that equals about 2000 cases/day. The case count could only increase if the positivity rate increases. That's likely to happen, but I doubt we'll hit 10,000 cases -- that would be a 50% positivity rate.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm