Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:11 pm I read somewhere that BC is only capable of doing 20,000 tests a day. Assuming a 10% positivity rate, that equals about 2000 cases/day. The case count could only increase if the positivity rate increases. That's likely to happen, but I doubt we'll hit 10,000 cases -- that would be a 50% positivity rate.
Could we hit 5 or 6 thousand over this 4 day weekend? :crazy:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Cases are way up but deaths are way down. Quebec for example was having more than 100 cases a day in the first wave, 50 per day in the second wave and now they're getting 4 per day!
20211227_224651.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:41 am Cases are way up but deaths are way down. Quebec for example was having more than 100 cases a day in the first wave, 50 per day in the second wave and now they're getting 4 per day!

20211227_224651.jpg
Definitely good news no matter which sides you land on.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:46 pm Definitely good news no matter which sides you land on.
?
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:19 pm?
I'm just saying it was good news, whichever side of the debate you agree with. I said side(s) though because there are many different sides to the debate whether it be about vaccines, restrictions, origins of covid, etc.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

:think:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Not sure l believe Dr. B''s comment that Omicron could be the end of Covid, or the pandemic. :?

https://www-cbc-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... -1.6301202
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:06 pm Not sure l believe Dr. B''s comment that Omicron could be the end of Covid, or the pandemic. :?

https://www-cbc-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... -1.6301202
Why not?
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:51 amWhy not?
Welp Kells l hope that's the case indeed but l thought the consensus was Covid was an endemic with us forever?
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:03 am Welp Kells l hope that's the case indeed but l thought the consensus was Covid was an endemic with us forever?
Oh I read your sentence lazily (hung overedly too)

The end of COVID: of course she didn't say that.
The end of the pandemic: Fauci, BH saying the same thing, predicting we are in the final phase of the pandemic.

No surprise there for me. I don't see the government's and leaders' interest in prolonging this thing whatsoever, however I know I'm against an overwhelming consensus here.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Unvaccinated workers who lose jobs ineligible for EI benefits, minister says
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/un ... ister-says

More insanity... like many other restrictions/mandates in this day and age, this is most definitely not about public health, no matter how the government tries to rationalize or justify. This is about continuing to find a scapegoat and run with it to further divisions in an already polarized environment. What is our country truly coming to?

You spend your whole life working and paying for EI through your taxes, and once you get laid off/fired due to mandates imposed by governments and companies in an increasingly non-liberal society, you are not eligible for it. The government is truly the selfish one here, and once again proving their authoritarian-like credentials.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6300332

This is outrageous. BC is actually considering allowing Covid positive health care staff to come back to work as long as they are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. Yet, I see no mention of rehiring the unvaccinated Covid negative workers that were put on unpaid leave.

When will people wake up to the reality that this has never been about stopping the spread of Covid? It's ridiculous.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

AbbyJr wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:03 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6300332

This is outrageous. BC is actually considering allowing Covid positive health care staff to come back to work as long as they are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. Yet, I see no mention of rehiring the unvaccinated Covid negative workers that were put on unpaid leave.

When will people wake up to the reality that this has never been about stopping the spread of Covid? It's ridiculous.
I actually have no problem with permitting staff to work if they're not sick. But I totally agree on the other point - the gov't is intent on shooting themselves in the foot in an already understaffed health care sector (a problem that has existed for decades) with their discriminatory mandates.

Not to mention it is yet another attack on the working class and an attempt to further entrench divisions among the common people. As long as these types of divisions are present, class solidarity and unity will never be possible and most of society's real problems (IMO mostly on the economic side of things, rather than social - despite what many people might think) will continue to simmer and worsen into the future.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

Typeing3 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:46 pmNot to mention it is yet another attack on the working class and an attempt to further entrench divisions among the common people. As long as these types of divisions are present, class solidarity and unity will never be possible and most of society's real problems (IMO mostly on the economic side of things, rather than social - despite what many people might think) will continue to simmer and worsen into the future.
It makes me feel sick just thinking about how immoral all of this all is. Most don't even realize that this was all by design. The economic response to COVID-19 was crafted to increase the wealth of those with assets, so they would borrow and spend more in order to prop up the economy. Record low interest rates caused a surge in demand for mortgages, which caused home prices to rise at an unprecedented rate. Homeowners refinanced their mortgages or took out HELOCS to do renovations, flip houses, and invest in the stock market, which caused their wealth to skyrocket. They did this all while working from home, while the poor and working class lost their jobs or had to work on the front lines during COVID. But they got 2K COVID cheques every month, so it's all good right? This is the biggest scam ever perpetrated on the poor and working class, but few people actually understand the how and why behind it. It should be mentioned that those in power have generally benefited from these policies as they typically own their homes and have significant wealth. Young people should be rioting in the streets over this, but I guess they are too dumbed down or pacified to care. I never thought Canada could sink so low, but we are truly a shameful country.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm