Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by Abby_wx »

AbbyJr wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:03 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6300332

This is outrageous. BC is actually considering allowing Covid positive health care staff to come back to work as long as they are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. Yet, I see no mention of rehiring the unvaccinated Covid negative workers that were put on unpaid leave.

When will people wake up to the reality that this has never been about stopping the spread of Covid? It's ridiculous.
Outrageous indeed, but par for the course we've been charting. We all know that science left the building ages ago. This is pseudo-religion now. Only through the vaccine can you be "saved". Whether you actually have COVID or not is beside the point in the minds of these people. They are truly delusional.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Possible new variant detected in the south of France. :crazy: WHO down playing it for now, apparently has 46 mutations attached.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... 91862/amp/

Wish I never got vaccinated what a joke
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

John wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:42 am https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... 91862/amp/

Wish I never got vaccinated what a joke
What might happen is if you don't get your booster shot(s) sometime in the near future, you won't be considered vaccinated anyways. Some countries have already gone ahead with this system (ex. Israel) and Quebec just announced it a few days ago.

In the end though, maybe it won't even matter! I saw yesterday the federal health minister was hinting at mandatory vaccinations becoming reality. We've already gradually turned away from liberal democracy over the past two years so why not take it another giant step further in the opposite direction, right? :roll:
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

I'll refuse mandatory boosters just on principal. I guess they can arrest me? :lol:

It was bad enough I had to show proof of 2 shots just to keep my job.

I still never signed up for the passport. I only showed my employer the vax card from when I got my shots.

Pretty sure I'm just going to quit my job if they start requiring boosters. When I look at house prices and then look at my paycheck, seems like work is a waste of time anyway.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Abby_wx wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:45 pm I'll refuse mandatory boosters just on principal. I guess they can arrest me? :lol:

It was bad enough I had to show proof of 2 shots just to keep my job.

I still never signed up for the passport. I only showed my employer the vax card from when I got my shots.

Pretty sure I'm just going to quit my job if they start requiring boosters. When I look at house prices and then look at my paycheck, seems like work is a waste of time anyway.
Yep, same here. I refuse to sign up on principle.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:45 pm https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... AKBN2JJ0AY

What a nut bar.
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

AbbyJr wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:03 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6300332

This is outrageous. BC is actually considering allowing Covid positive health care staff to come back to work as long as they are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. Yet, I see no mention of rehiring the unvaccinated Covid negative workers that were put on unpaid leave.

When will people wake up to the reality that this has never been about stopping the spread of Covid? It's ridiculous.
I'm so done with the Covid thing. I play hockey with the doctors, and even they are getting fed up. Resources are stretch thin because of fired workers. I could tell you many stories on how this is seriously impacting health, but I'll just tell you 3 examples I have intimate knowledge of.

1) A couple in their 70s has been caring for a physically and mentally challenged person for 20 years in their home. The respite person who spells them off every week just got fired for not getting vaccinated so they are without respite. If they cannot find someone they will have to give up the girl who has become like a daughter to them.

The poor handicapped woman who has the mind of a child will be ripped from her home into who-knows-what situation. She will feel abandoned and alone.

2) My half-brother's dad dropped dead 10 days after his booster. The coroner refused to do an autopsy because he's so short staffed since some have been fired.

3) There are just 5 Covid patients in ICU in Kelowna (the largest hospital in the BC interior. The authorities claim the hospital is overrun with Covid, which is so untrue it's not funny (FAR more last year at this time and in this past fall). Medical staff cannot publicly state the truth because they have been threatened with termination if they contradict the official story. The reason for the shortages is the firings and also staff moved to vaccination clinics. The reason for the high covid numbers is that they're testing a lot more people who are basically asymptomatic, and counting them in the Covid numbers if they test positive.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Glacier wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:48 am
3) There are just 5 Covid patients in ICU in Kelowna (the largest hospital in the BC interior. The authorities claim the hospital is overrun with Covid, which is so untrue it's not funny (FAR more last year at this time and in this past fall). Medical staff cannot publicly state the truth because they have been threatened with termination if they contradict the official story. The reason for the shortages is the firings and also staff moved to vaccination clinics. The reason for the high covid numbers is that they're testing a lot more people who are basically asymptomatic, and counting them in the Covid numbers if they test positive.
Yeah, they test every single person admitted to hospital.
Hence the term "hospitalized with covid" is used, instead of "hospitalized due to covid".

This is from Washington state:
If you need to be admitted to the hospital, you'll be tested for the coronavirus even if you're not experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
Source: https://www.uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/ ... -screening

I'm not quite as sure about deaths, but I do remember as of last year, Toronto Public Health had stated "Individuals who have died with COVID-19, but not as a result of COVID-19 are included in the case counts for COVID-19 deaths in Toronto."
IMO, this should raise alarm bells as to the accuracy of the data and the subsequent reporting.

Mentioned this before but I believe its more prudent to look at the total annual hospitalization rate + death rate and compare with prior years to measure just how anomalous (or not) 2020 and 2021 were.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Typeing3 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:21 pm
Mentioned this before but I believe its more prudent to look at the total annual hospitalization rate + death rate and compare with prior years to measure just how anomalous (or not) 2020 and 2021 were.
According to one insurance company, deaths are UP 40% among the age group that doesn't die very often from Covid (almost all Covid deaths are over 65), and has gone UP with the rollout of the vaccine! https://rescue.substack.com/p/chilling- ... -insurance

Like, WTF! Covid deaths were FAR higher in 2020 than 2021. 100 per day in Quebec during the first wave and 50 during phase 2 verses 5 per day right now. Why are deaths going up still, I don't know. Maybe because of lack of cancer screening, gyms, etc. in 2021?

Also, death rates among the vaccinated is NOT any better than among the unvaccinated! I think I might have posted this previously, but it's hard to comprehend why. I suppose it's possible that unvaccinated are more likely to get tested if covid positive, but that's just speculation on my part.
table2summary.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Glacier on Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Glacier wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:29 pm According to one insurance company, deaths are UP 40% among the age group that doesn't die very often from Covid (almost all Covid deaths are over 65), and has gone UP with the rollout of the vaccine! https://rescue.substack.com/p/chilling- ... -insurance
An interesting comment I saw in response to that:
While most deaths may not be covid, the excess deaths, absent evidence to the contrary, are the result, direct & indirect of the response to covid [i.e. lockdowns]. Increases in terminal cancers, heart attacks, suicides, etc as a result of lockdowns, loss of employment, inability to get medical care, patients too frightened to seek medical attention as a result of the fear campaign initiated and maintained by health bureaucrats...

Public health isn't a single disease. The excess deaths are very much the responsibility of the public health bureaucrats & elected politicians acting in concert.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Article: Half of NYC Covid Hospitalizations Were Admitted for Other Reasons, State Data Shows
Source: https://news.yahoo.com/data-york-differ ... 13061.html
While there are 11,548 New Yorkers hospitalized who have tested positive for Covid, only 6,620 were admitted as a result of Covid or complications from the disease. That means that 43 percent of those counted were admitted for reasons believed to be unrelated to the coronavirus.

In New York City, 51 percent of those considered to be hospitalized with Covid were for reasons other than the virus itself.

This marks the first time that the state has counted and reported these numbers as separate groups. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), which shows hospitalization data for all fifty states, does not presently make that distinction.
4.PNG
Image Source: https://www.wivb.com/news/new-york-stat ... january-7/

Article: New, Preliminary State Data Shows Half of People In NYC Hospitals with COVID-19 Were Admitted for Other Reasons
Source: https://gothamist.com/news/new-prelimin ... er-reasons
About half the COVID patients in New York City hospitals were admitted for some other ailment and subsequently diagnosed with the virus, according to preliminary data from New York state released for the first time Friday.

The state issued the numbers as part of a new approach announced this week, to track how many people entered the hospital for reasons other than Covid-19 and were later found positive. The numbers show 50% of the 5,894 patients in New York City hospitals were admitted primarily for Covid-19. Statewide, about 42% of hospital patients with COVID had been admitted for other issues and were subsequently diagnosed.

The figures, which Gov. Kathy Hochul said Monday she would instruct hospitals to collect, mark the first time the state has released a breakdown of hospitalizations detailing whether COVID was the primary factor. The numbers do not mean that a patient contracted the virus in the hospital; simply that a patient went for treatment for another reason and was found to have COVID-19. The data so far accounts for just two days: January 4th and 5th.

“Think of all the other reasons people end up in a hospital. It’s an overdose, it’s a car accident, it’s a heart attack,” Hochul said, explaining the new data. Hospitals test people for COVID-19 as a precaution before admitting them, and had previously had reported those numbers to the state combined with the number of people who were hospitalized for COVID-19 symptoms as their primary condition.

Hochul asked hospitals to start separating the numbers so the state could get a better understanding of who was in the hospital with COVID-19, with positivity rates topping 22% statewide.

“The sheer numbers of people infected are high, but I want to see whether or not the hospitalizations correlate with that,” the governor said this week.

In recent days, New York City health officials had explained the confusion around hospitalization numbers, though they had not provided a breakdown of their own. The subject came up at a Dec. 30 press conference and again on Thursday.

“As you would expect because there’s so much community transmission, we’ve had people [in] car accidents COVID positive, coming to deliver a baby, COVID positive,” said Dr. Mitchell Katz, the CEO of the city’s public hospital system on Thursday. “Absolutely, there are people as part of those hospital statistics who are COVID cases.”

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/statu ... 5307803661

We need to see this type of more detailed breakdown in BC, and across Canada.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Love him or hate him , I'm root'n for him.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/harry- ... uble-fault
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm