Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Politics

Post by SouthSardiswx »

It appears our fearless leader got a scolding from Xi Jinping at the G-20 in Bali Indonesia, :lol: idiot.

https://m-timesofindia-com.cdn.ampproje ... google.com
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

I actually don't think Trudeau did that bad handling an awkward situation. It's hard to look good when confronted in a foreign language when you're not prepared.

On the other hand, Trudeau just banned half my hunting rifles, and I'm pissed. This will cost tax payers 100s of millions if not billions. So STUPID, and it won't stop a single shooting.

At least I can take the money for my .22s and buy a better higher powered guns with tax payer's money, but the principle of it is just so stupid, and massive waste of tax payer's money.

https://firearmrights.ca/c21-amended-to ... -auto-ban/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjG-DlyfARU
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Glacier wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:49 pm I actually don't think Trudeau did that bad handling an awkward situation. It's hard to look good when confronted in a foreign language when you're not prepared.

On the other hand, Trudeau just banned half my hunting rifles, and I'm pissed. This will cost tax payers 100s of millions if not billions. So STUPID, and it won't stop a single shooting.

At least I can take the money for my .22s and buy a better higher powered guns with tax payer's money, but the principle of it is just so stupid, and massive waste of tax payer's money.
TL;DR I agree with Glacier and Trudeau increasingly grinds my gears.

It's the joking about tanks in the streets which is so indicative of both the arrogance and authoritarian streak this government has. It's not okay, regardless of where you stand on the convoy (and trust me, I view any protest which is even remotely disruptive to normal people with disdain).

But this goes beyond one incident. It is a pattern of behaviour; an extremely "my way or the highway" style of governance they have shown time and time again.

NDP not happy with Liberals watering down items in their little deal to cling on to power? They should shut up because "they're not the government, we are." (Freeland literally said that)

Opposed to C-11? That's un-Canadian and hate-mongering.

Disagree with their covid policies? Then you're just a fascist who's anti-science. (Not that their policies were ever about the science in the first place.)

The list goes on and on.

I am not, and have never been, anti-vax. I don't agree with the Conservatives on a lot of things, since I'm pretty centrist at the core. But my WORD is this Liberal government (and specifically Prime Minister) getting on my nerves! It's the terminal smugness that is so off-putting and infuriating.

And don't get me started about the hypocrisy. Always talking about fear-mongering and divisiveness, only to then use fear and wedge issues as political tactics. Talking about inclusiveness in one breath then calling an entire segment of the population "deplorable" the next just because they refuse to actually accept that some people might really be getting left behind by the globalist liberal world order.

The thing that baffles me, though, is how despite a list of scandals which would have ended his career in any other (sane) country, Trudeau continues to command some unshakeable core support of about 20% who think he can do no wrong. I'm not saying don't vote for him if you genuinely think the alternative is worse, but these people can actually come out and defend everything that man does. Forget QAnon, it's TruAnon.
Last edited by VanCitySouth on Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Glacier wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:49 pm I actually don't think Trudeau did that bad handling an awkward situation. It's hard to look good when confronted in a foreign language when you're not prepared.

Perhaps back to the day's of slingshots Glace or trapping small game. :D
CYCW station
Rubus_Leucodermis
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 70 m / 230 ft

Post by Rubus_Leucodermis »

VanCitySouth wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:13 pm The thing that baffles me, though, is how despite a list of scandals which would have ended his career in any other (sane) country, Trudeau continues to command some unshakeable core support of about 20% who think he can do no wrong. I'm not saying don't vote for him if you genuinely think the alternative is worse, but these people can actually come out and defend everything that man does. Forget QAnon, it's TruAnon.
Trudeau should have been sunk years ago by SNC-Lavalin.
It's called clown range for a reason.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Out of curiosity just waded I to the politics forum on the American board. I think I need to wash my eyes out with soap. Holy pancakes I forgot how toxic political discourse has become online. It's honestly sad. Never again. :shock:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:53 am Out of curiosity just waded I to the politics forum on the American board. I think I need to wash my eyes out with soap. Holy pancakes I forgot how toxic political discourse has become online. It's honestly sad. Never again. :shock:
Isn't it Kells, l was reading it for awhile at the start of of the Ukraine 🇺🇦 situation but quickly stopped as the attitude and posts are purely annihilation and non constructive discussion.
Plenty of bashing and arguing which we well know is a staple of the weather threads
To me and l mentioned it here afew times that there political threads are nothing but a cess pool of doom and gloom sad really to read. :roll: :crazy:
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:01 am Isn't it Kells, l was reading it for awhile at the start of of the Ukraine 🇺🇦 situation but quickly stopped as the attitude and posts are purely annihilation and non constructive discussion.
Plenty of bashing and arguing which we well know is a staple of the weather threads
To me and l mentioned it here afew times that there political threads are nothing but a cess pool of doom and gloom sad really to read. :roll: :crazy:
Mr. marine layer in particular is just straight up a bad person.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

Canada is screwed, and is forecast to have the worst economic growth of any OECD nation on the planet over the coming decades.

Canada's spending is out of control, AND YET spending on R&D (what actually grows the economy) is far lower than industrialized nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uULL1fMXvs
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:51 pm Canada is screwed, and is forecast to have the worst economic growth of any OECD nation on the planet over the coming decades.

Canada's spending is out of control, AND YET spending on R&D (what actually grows the economy) is far lower than industrialized nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uULL1fMXvs
Pierre says he will save us.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

PortKells wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:47 pm Pierre says he will save us.
Politicians are like diapers. They both need to be changed frequently and for the same reason.
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Apologies, y'all. I'm angry about the following and I'm going to rant.

In any sane country, this type of scandal would have resulted in the resignation of the cabinet and fresh general elections. Instead, Trudeau's first response was to call for an investigation into how CSIS revelations got to the press, as if that's the bigger problem. The following day, there was an oddly timed report about CSIS having too much power in the name of national security, as if someone wanted to undermine the agency. Today, nearly a week later, not only is he still in office, he is also decrying, along with his loyal foot soldiers, any scrutiny as equivalent to Trump-like election denialism, going so far as to express the nonsensical view that being concerned with election interference is playing into China's hands.

We do not doubt the ability of Elections Canada and their officials to run an election, nor their ability to accurately tabulate ballots as they have been cast. We may have cause to question how much independence and freedom in decision making that some voters, who cast those ballots, actually had. At the very least, we question who knew about these highly targeted campaigns by foreign agents, and who turned a blind eye to their clearly tax evading political donation schemes.

We do not question the integrity of Elections Canada. No, we question the integrity of something far more important. We question the integrity of this government.

And we find it wanting.

2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

VanCitySouth wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:08 pm Today, nearly a week later, not only is he still in office, he is also decrying, along with his loyal foot soldiers, any scrutiny as equivalent to Trump-like election denialism, going so far as to express the nonsensical view that being concerned with election interference is playing into China's hands.

Trudeau is implying that if you believe the media that you're a racist! What a disgusting response to serious and credible allegations!
Rubus_Leucodermis
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 70 m / 230 ft

Post by Rubus_Leucodermis »

Poilievre will be the next PM. There, I just called it.

I say this not as a fan of conservative politics (I definitely am not), I say it because I see how weak Trudeau is currently, and parties in Canada generally have trouble staying in power much longer than a decade. Plus Pierre is trying to appeal to the centre with things like his housing proposals (there is a major housing crisis, nobody can deny that).
It's called clown range for a reason.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Rubus_Leucodermis wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:52 pm Poilievre will be the next PM. There, I just called it.

I say this not as a fan of conservative politics (I definitely am not), I say it because I see how weak Trudeau is currently, and parties in Canada generally have trouble staying in power much longer than a decade. Plus Pierre is trying to appeal to the centre with things like his housing proposals (there is a major housing crisis, nobody can deny that).
Yeah. He won't do anything of course. His biggest voting block and donors generally tends to be suburban home owners who like the real estate situation the way it is. But I see millenials are falling for it, just like we fell for Trudeaus promise to change the electoral system. Non-stop lies.