Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Re: Politics

Post by Weather101 »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:00 pm I really don't know much about her, I'll take your word for it , my comment was basically based on what I saw during the debate and of course their age , Pence looks the most presidential like , in sharp contrast to Trump's silly and bizarre comments and bullying personality.
I completely agree with you on everything you said. It's sad to see.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠👌
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

PortKells wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:14 am The two party system is a farce. And it only gets worse with time. Hyper partisanship and tribalism has completely taken hold.
it will only get worse.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠👌
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

What a nice, civil debate. It was almost surreal. Maybe expectations have just been set so low by the American ones.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

It was rather refreshing to watch. The moderator also did a good job.
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
VanCitySouth
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 72 m/236 ft

Post by VanCitySouth »

Bonovox wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 pm It was rather refreshing to watch. The moderator also did a good job.
Yeah she did very well. Firm and polite, insisted on an answer if she didn't get one. What a masterclass in hosting.
2023-24 season stats:
Climo :cancel: 81 to 44 :14clown: GFS

Season total: 39.0 cm + 3 traces
Peak depth: 28.0 cm (Jan 17)
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

The US presidential election was a fustercluck, from the President to Biden to the moderator, they all blew it. Asking Trump to denounce white supremacy just as you did 4 years ago is the height of low blows given he has already denounced them many times over, and especially when you ask him to denounce a group he's never heard of that isn't even white supremacist. That's the worst dick move I've ever seen in a debate. It would be like asking the Green party to denounce eco-terrorism, and then when she asks for a group of eco-terrorists to denounce to make up one that's just a regular group of environmentalists that she has never heard of before. No wonder why the debate went downhill so fast. On top of that, Trump was a bombastic bully and Biden slightly better, but still not great.

The debate last night was so much more civil by comparison. The discussion was about actual policies they have on their platforms, and not made up stories that have nothing to do with policies.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

The townhall format is so much better than the sh**show we saw in the first presidential debate.

P.S. Looks like the NDP is going to cruise to victory in BC. Interesting times. Enough time has past since the 1990s that they have been forgiven for that period.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 pm The townhall format is so much better than the sh**show we saw in the first presidential debate.

P.S. Looks like the NDP is going to cruise to victory in BC. Interesting times. Enough time has past since the 1990s that they have been forgiven for that period.
Once again, the two party system is not representative of a true democracy. These two parties just go back and forth with no other choice. Well the greens are...OK. but they don't have a chance of winning.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:24 am The US presidential election was a fustercluck, from the President to Biden to the moderator, they all blew it. Asking Trump to denounce white supremacy just as you did 4 years ago is the height of low blows given he has already denounced them many times over, and especially when you ask him to denounce a group he's never heard of that isn't even white supremacist. That's the worst dick move I've ever seen in a debate. It would be like asking the Green party to denounce eco-terrorism, and then when she asks for a group of eco-terrorists to denounce to make up one that's just a regular group of environmentalists that she has never heard of before. No wonder why the debate went downhill so fast. On top of that, Trump was a bombastic bully and Biden slightly better, but still not great.

The debate last night was so much more civil by comparison. The discussion was about actual policies they have on their platforms, and not made up stories that have nothing to do with policies.
Trump has done nothing to earn peoples trust and respect. I'm getting cautiously optimistic that he may be about to lose a landslide. Much as I dont care much for Biden, that would be a great day for the globe.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

I hope the ndp does take this but this election still seems unnecessary. They had the support of the parties and the electorate. All they had to do was keep it going steady and they would've sailed to a majority next year hopefully after a vaccine rollout and hopefully a different outlook.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

The election is looking very interesting with record voting numbers. Has the younger generation woken up? Does this favour demo or repubs? 5 days is feeling like a lifetime right now.
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

PortKells wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:22 pm The election is looking very interesting with record voting numbers. Has the younger generation woken up? Does this favour demo or repubs? 5 days is feeling like a lifetime right now.
I just think this will be contested no matter which way it goes. and I don't see it looking very pretty
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

Probably my favorite ad yet from the campaigns down south

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321692442983366656
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

moonshadow0825 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:11 pm Probably my favorite ad yet from the campaigns down south

https://twitter.com/i/status/1321692442983366656
But, what about hunter biden?
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

2 Days to go. Is anybody else sh***ing their ****ing pants? This is massive with implications for the entire globe. I'm not sure people grasp that yet. Then again, Biden winning is really not the real answer to anything so I don't know what I'm invested in really. I just can't handle another four years of the orange lunatic.