Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Re: Politics

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:52 pm Yes 42 in hospital 14 in icu Out of 5000000++!
Still very low numbers thankfully time to lift
Some restrictions and stop the fear mongering. IMO
It was in the tens a week or two ago, and it was up to 49 last update. I mean, which restrictions are that bothersome?? Businesses are open. Schools are in, and I work at a school, it's not that restricted.
Are you hoping to go to parties and nightclubs? Maybe the strippers? Bc has been so lax im not sure where you're coming from. Also, we are trying to protect your age group specifically.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 pm It was in the tens a week or two ago, and it was up to 49 last update. I mean, which restrictions are that bothersome?? Businesses are open. Schools are in, and I work at a school, it's not that restricted.
Are you hoping to go to parties and nightclubs? Maybe the strippers? Bc has been so lax im not sure where you're coming from. Also, we are trying to protect your age group specifically.
I can tell you don’t own a restaurant that running at 50% capacity

I can protect myself I am not worried about this virus or any other eventually we all die from something this virus is not that deadly anymore that’s obvious if you look at the numbers. Let’s
Move on and be normal and get rid of those stupid masks
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm I can tell you don’t own a restaurant that running at 50% capacity

I can protect myself I am not worried about this virus or any other eventually we all die from something this virus is not that deadly anymore that’s obvious if you look at the numbers. Let’s
Move on and be normal and get rid of those stupid masks
Ah. So its all about you then? Whether my 72 year old mom dies alone, or anyone for that matter, is irrelevant. Remind me again which generation is the 'me generation' ?

The uproar against masks is a sign of our failing education system. This inability to make even the smallest sacrifice for the benefit of society as a whole shows you how ineffective this capitalistic, growth at any cost system is at raising a healthy society. Masks are a symbol of selflessness, thereby a sign of evil apparently.

Restaurants running at 50% capacity wouldn't be a problem at all if they didn't run on tiny margins likely trying to pay down massive amounts of debt. This debt based economy was bound to collapse anyways, it is mathematically impossible to keep going. Eventually the bubble will burst.

We should be talking about reforming our society here, not trying this same old crap. Capitalism and growth have failed miserably and nothing can fix the unfixable.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

To add to my unhinged rant, I think this back to school plan exposes schools for what they really are - daycares for the parents so they can go earn a dollar and grow the all important economy. Its not like kids learn essential life skills that would make them more independent, such as say, financial skills, growing food, shop skills, internet literacy, etc etc... Just pumping mostly useless facts into them to make them working drones like the rest of us. I work in a school and nobody has any clue whats going on, other than knowing that we have to provide childcare for parents. Who knows what could happen if home or group schooling took off? Maybe kids would learn essential skills and become less dependent on the government/corporate world to survive. That would be far more dangerous than having them all gather together in the middle of a pandemic :roll:
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Wow. An election. I really hoped Horgan would be a somewhat refreshing change to the corrupt and self serving liberals.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:06 pm Wow. An election. I really hoped Horgan would be a somewhat refreshing change to the corrupt and self serving liberals.
Not surprising at all. An election was always coming sometime within the next year.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Typeing3 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:17 pm Not surprising at all. An election was always coming sometime within the next year.
True but most people feel he should have waited with the second wave of covid 19 well underway. Its also going to be expensive.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:20 pm True but most people feel he should have waited with the second wave of covid 19 well underway. Its also going to be expensive.
Do "most people" really feel that way? Covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Typeing3 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:40 pm Do "most people" really feel that way? Covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
My mistake assuming most people feel that way. Everyone Ive heard has said that but usually people opposed to something are the most outspoken. We will find out soon.

I think the thing about covid is the longer things go on, the more we will adapt. Maybe some will be vaccinated by next year. But we know for certain things are bad, right now, as opposed to the unknown of the future.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

So.............The crazy old man for president? Or the craziest old man for president?
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

120454990_10158314434701628_3322388109091908591_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Pence and Harris should be running for President.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

Forrest Gump wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:31 pm Pence and Harris should be running for President.
She's a pretty horrible human being man, I wish the states had better options then this.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠👌
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 am She's a pretty horrible human being man, I wish the states had better options then this.
The two party system is a farce. And it only gets worse with time. Hyper partisanship and tribalism has completely taken hold.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Weather101 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 am She's a pretty horrible human being man, I wish the states had better options then this.
I really don't know much about her, I'll take your word for it , my comment was basically based on what I saw during the debate and of course their age , Pence looks the most presidential like , in sharp contrast to Trump's silly and bizarre comments and bullying personality.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm