Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Re: Politics

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 pm 51% Cons 49% Libs waste of 610 million.
Conservative minority. :roll:
I would've said that until I saw the PPC draining their support and Kenney becoming an issue for them. I'm going liberal minority.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

PortKells wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:04 pm The vast majority of people on the left want Israel and Palestine living in a peaceful two state solution including people who oppose their policies of settling further and further into the tiny strip left of Palestine. There will always be extremists and those people are easily weeded out like these NDP candidates.

That is some seriously one sided rhetoric in an issue that is clearly far more complicated than that.

What evidence do you have to say that the BDS movement opposes Israel's right to exist? How do you think this kind of slanted view helps create healthy conversations about the situation? I oppose Israel's new settlements but I wouldn't sit here and say they want to exterminate the Palestinians.
That's the reason why the vast majority on the left condemn the BDS Movement, they want peace and acceptance of all. The NDP had a pro-BDS candidate in 2019 and it was extremely controversial within the NDP even as to whether he should be canned. Here is an article about the movement: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/ ... oy-israel/
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:49 am That's the reason why the vast majority on the left condemn the BDS Movement, they want peace and acceptance of all. The NDP had a pro-BDS candidate in 2019 and it was extremely controversial within the NDP even as to whether he should be canned. Here is an article about the movement: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/ ... oy-israel/
A quick google search and... Well a "leading conservative magazine" is not where I will get my info on this. Just like if I handed you an article out of say, medium or vice. More one sided rhetoric is the last thing this issue needs. These partisan publications are too biased.

For the record I don't subscribe to the BDS movement. It won't achieve anything. There are many moderate good people in Israel that have nothing to do with this. Why punish them?

I also don't see any evidence that Israel government is any more interested in peace than Hamas. IMO Both are intent on winning the entire thing rather than negotiating. That will likely end badly for the side that doesn't have billions in military equipment from the USA. It is what it is at this point.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

PortKells wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 pm A quick google search and... Well a "leading conservative magazine" is not where I will get my info on this. Just like if I handed you an article out of say, medium or vice. More one sided rhetoric is the last thing this issue needs. These partisan publications are too biased.

For the record I don't subscribe to the BDS movement. It won't achieve anything. There are many moderate good people in Israel that have nothing to do with this. Why punish them?

I also don't see any evidence that Israel government is any more interested in peace than Hamas. IMO Both are intent on winning the entire thing rather than negotiating. That will likely end badly for the side that doesn't have billions in military equipment from the USA. It is what it is at this point.
Here is an article by a guy I know personally, who is a left-winger... https://nationalpost.com/opinion/terry- ... to-address
The movement kicked off before Israel was born, with a preemptive campaign waged by the Arab League against the Jewish population of Palestine, in 1945. The campaign was formalized after Israel’s birth in 1948, and its purpose was unambiguous: to smother the Jewish state in its cradle. As peace talks started to trundle along in the 1990s, the boycott withered, but it was revived at the notorious Durban conference in 2001, which cast boycotts, divestments and sanctions within a suite of strategies — including the “apartheid” smear — explicitly designed to isolate and marginalize Israel.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Glacier wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:01 pm Here is an article by a guy I know personally, who is a left-winger... https://nationalpost.com/opinion/terry- ... to-address
Local Palestinian Muslims and Christians were already getting displaced and systematically eliminated from the region (see the large demographic shift in both pictures) long before the creation of Israel, so that pre-emptive action (while I do agree it was wrong), wasn't entirely without cause.
oLatuo2.png
RqbjNd6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:21 pm Local Palestinian Muslims and Christians were already getting displaced and systematically eliminated from the region (see the large demographic shift in both pictures) long before the creation of Israel, so that pre-emptive action (while I do agree it was wrong), wasn't entirely without cause.
oLatuo2.png
RqbjNd6.jpg
Unfortunately Kells and Trex that whole region is and has been a ticking time bomb.
I don't see peace there in my lifetime.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

Typeing3 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:21 pm Local Palestinian Muslims and Christians were already getting displaced and systematically eliminated from the region (see the large demographic shift in both pictures) long before the creation of Israel, so that pre-emptive action (while I do agree it was wrong), wasn't entirely without cause.
oLatuo2.png
RqbjNd6.jpg
Where did you get this graph? No Arabs were forcibly removed. Many did leave on their own accord because they didn't want to live in a Jewish nation.

Speaking of which, do you know who was forcibly removed from all Middle Eastern Nations but one (and mostly emigrated to Israel)?

https://youtu.be/35eEljsSQfc
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Glacier wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:22 pm Where did you get this graph? No Arabs were forcibly removed. Many did leave on their own accord because they didn't want to live in a Jewish nation.

Speaking of which, do you know who was forcibly removed from all Middle Eastern Nations but one (and mostly emigrated to Israel)?
That's blatantly false. In 1948, parades of armed settlers went though the streets and from village to village throughout Palestine demanding the locals leave otherwise be killed or rendered homeless. Was known as the Nakba, when approximately 750,000 Palestinians left the land and upwards of 1,000 villages were completely destroyed.

Speaking of which, do you know what caused the forced exodus from some Middle Eastern Nations? Oh yeah, the creation of Israel - when upwards of 1 million Palestinians were forcibly driven out in a relatively short time span.

There was also long and prolonged effort by leading Jewish leaders offering monetary and other incentives for Mizrahi (Middle Eastern) Jews to leave their countries and emigrate to Israel - the notion that all were kicked out all at once is also misinformation, since emigration had been ongoing for decades prior to 1948, as seen in large demographic shift of Palestine throughout the first half of the 20th century, up to 1948.

Plenty of the Jewish exodus from North Africa/West Asia thus had absolutely nothing to do with them forcibly removed. Historians have pointed out there was in fact "no justification for organizing large-scale emigration among Jews whose lives were not in danger, particularly when the desire and motivation were not their own". However when Israel was created the government gave plenty of incentives for Jews to immigrate as mentioned above, all detailed in the "One million plan". Source: https://www.academia.edu/7035509/_The_M ... Utopianism

Which brings me to this infamous quote from David Ben Gurion at the time.
The main thing is absorption of immigrants. This embodies all the historical needs of the state. We might have captured the West Bank, the Golan, the entire Galilee, but those conquests would not have reinforced our territory as much as immigration. Doubling and tripling the number of immigrants gives us more and more strength....This is the most important thing above all else. Settlement – that is the real conquest.
Sounds a whole lot like settler colonialism, eh? I wonder where else we've seen that happen before.... :roll:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Election prediction

LPC: 146 seats, 31.3% of the vote
CPC: 126 seats, 32.3% of the vote
NDP: 33 seats, 18.9% of the vote
BLQ: 31 seats, 7.1% of the vote
PPC: 1 seat, 6.2% of the vote
GPC: 1 seat, 3.5% of the vote
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

LPC: 137 seats
CPC: 141 seats
NDP: 28 seats
BLQ: 32 seats
PPC: 0 seat
GPC: 0 seat

Sorry,not bothering with the popular vote .
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

LPC: 145 seats, 31.8% of the vote
CPC: 128 seats, 31.7% of the vote
NDP: 32 seats, 19.2% of the vote
BLQ: 31 seats, 7% of the vote
PPC: 0 seats, 5.8% of the vote
GPC: 2 seats, 3.3% of the vote

1.2% spoiled/other
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Bonovox wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:48 pm LPC: 145 seats, 31.8% of the vote
CPC: 128 seats, 31.7% of the vote
NDP: 32 seats, 19.2% of the vote
BLQ: 31 seats, 7% of the vote
PPC: 0 seats, 5.8% of the vote
GPC: 2 seats, 3.3% of the vote

1.2% spoiled/other
Bones. :o :thumbup: :wave: nice you included spoiled ballots l'm thinking it will be higher alot of disgruntled voters out there with everything that's going on.
Alot of ppl choked at all parties sad to say.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Conservatives will lose thanks to the PPC siphoning off part of the base.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

Typeing3 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:40 pm That's blatantly false. In 1948, parades of armed settlers went though the streets and from village to village throughout Palestine demanding the locals leave otherwise be killed or rendered homeless. Was known as the Nakba, when approximately 750,000 Palestinians left the land and upwards of 1,000 villages were completely destroyed.
How do you know that your information isn't blatantly false? I've never heard this before. It's been a decade since I did some research on this topic, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Yes, I know many say that the Illuminati of Jews control the media, Hollywood, and other pop culture institutions, so maybe I've been blinded by the Benjamins, but when I try to find info on what went down in 1948, I don't find information about forcible removal from the land. Obviously there fighting and there's no way that people were not wronged along the way. Just as Canada needs to right wrongs from the past Israel needs to as well.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... proclaimed
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho

Post by Typeing3 »

Glacier wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:52 pm How do you know that your information isn't blatantly false? I've never heard this before. It's been a decade since I did some research on this topic, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Yes, I know many say that the Illuminati of Jews control the media, Hollywood, and other pop culture institutions, so maybe I've been blinded by the Benjamins, but when I try to find info on what went down in 1948, I don't find information about forcible removal from the land. Obviously there fighting and there's no way that people were not wronged along the way. Just as Canada needs to right wrongs from the past Israel needs to as well.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... proclaimed
Guess we can agree to disagree on this one. :thumbup:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)