Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Re: Sports Talk

Post by Glacier »

If you were asked in 1995 to guess which three NHL Goalies born in 1965 would end up in the Hall of Fame, would you have gotten the question right? Tom Barrasso had just completed his 12th season. Dominik Hasek was coming off just his second season as a starter.
NHl65.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Glacier wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:13 pm If you were asked in 1995 to guess which three NHL Goalies born in 1965 would end up in the Hall of Fame, would you have gotten the question right? Tom Barrasso had just completed his 12th season. Dominik Hasek was coming off just his second season as a starter.
But there's always the outside chance that someone would have guessed wrong right Glace. :? :D
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Nice move one the funnier classy players in the NHL, always like Bieksa. :thumbup:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/kevin-biek ... heim-ducks
CYCW station
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:31 pm But there's always the outside chance that someone would have guessed wrong right Glace. :? :D
If you don't like me cherrypicking... how about 12 years later...

Roy and Belfour were quite similar except Roy had a 4 year head start.
nhlgoalies1965.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Glacier wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:37 pm If you don't like me cherrypicking... how about 12 years later...

Roy and Belfour were quite similar except Roy had a 4 year head start.
Interesting factoid there Glace, cherry picking is fine.
Barrasso, Hasek Interesting comparison even based on years played.
Yes and yet with Belfour/Roy they were both in the same time period pretty much.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

:lol: Looks like canucks want to be in on the Connor Benard sweepstakes :clap:
So far the offensive stars are looking like chumps , the power play sure is looking like a joke , unreal. Right back behind the 8 ball like last year. :tiredos:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:49 pm :lol: Looks like canucks want to be in on the Connor Benard sweepstakes :clap:
So far the offensive stars are looking like chumps , the power play sure is looking like a joke , unreal. Right back behind the 8 ball like last year. :tiredos:
Yes skipper Gimpers, l've said all along l don't like look of there D, and now all other areas of there game is falling apart.
Unfortunately like our weather they could return home 0mm of wins. :o
CYCW station
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

Top 5 NHL players of all time based on career playoff assists per game...
nhlaplayofs.png
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Glacier wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 am Top 5 NHL players of all time based on career playoff assists per game...

nhlaplayofs.png
Draisaitl will probably go down as one of the best passers of all time.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

Another blown lead for the Canucks today. :roll: :thumbdown:

To be honest, things are not looking good for Boudreau in my opinion. While I certainly can't blame it all on him, GM's usually like to pick their own coach and Boudreau's contract is up at the end of the season. The team wants to be in the playoffs this year and they know it's really hard to climb back up in the standings if you fall too early. All this leads me to wonder if we might see a coaching change sooner than later.

I honestly hope I'm wrong and the team is able to regroup and start winning games under Boudreau. I want the team to have success and again, I don't blame the current struggles all on the coach. However, at the end of the day everyone including the coach is responsible to help the team win. The coach is responsible to create a successful strategy and the players are responsible to buy into it.

At this time, I'm not sure where the problem is but one can hope its resolved soon otherwise this will be another no playoff season.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

AbbyJr wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:25 pm Another blown lead for the Canucks today. :roll: :thumbdown:

To be honest, things are not looking good for Boudreau in my opinion. While I certainly can't blame it all on him, GM's usually like to pick their own coach and Boudreau's contract is up at the end of the season. The team wants to be in the playoffs this year and they know it's really hard to climb back up in the standings if you fall too early. All this leads me to wonder if we might see a coaching change sooner than later.

I honestly hope I'm wrong and the team is able to regroup and start winning games under Boudreau. I want the team to have success and again, I don't blame the current struggles all on the coach. However, at the end of the day everyone including the coach is responsible to help the team win. The coach is responsible to create a successful strategy and the players are responsible to buy into it.

At this time, I'm not sure where the problem is but one can hope its resolved soon otherwise this will be another no playoff season.
Yeah Abby Jr. man the last 3 games l've been changing the channel l'm satisfied with the score after 2 periods :crazy: then l don't have to wintess the slaughter. :o it's gone from "Bruce there it is! to "Bruce there's the door". :lol:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

AbbyJr wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:25 pm Another blown lead for the Canucks today. :roll: :thumbdown:

The weird thing is last year they couldn't score in the 1st period or had trouble getting early leads,always playing from behind and yet won alot of those games under Bruce. Now it's the opposite and they can't win :lol: And now they apparently hold the NHL record for most blown leads to start the season,going for 4 in a row tomorrow :crazy:

They won't make a coaching change as they already have too many coach salaries on the books.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:50 pm Yeah Abby Jr. man the last 3 games l've been changing the channel l'm satisfied with the score after 2 periods :crazy: then l don't have to wintess the slaughter. :o it's gone from "Bruce there it is! to "Bruce there's the door". :lol:
They're finding a new way to lose, but it's the same old song

https://youtu.be/CkKJy4UaPHM
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:06 pm They're finding a new way to lose, but it's the same old song
:lol: This is true skipper Grumps but need to shorten the games to 2 periods. :wtf:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:23 pm :lol: This is true skipper Grumps but need to shorten the games to 2 periods. :wtf:
Is that the new South Sardis Sardines or Canucks logo?
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm