Gas Prices

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Re: Gas Prices

Post by Forrest Gump »

Oil tanking big time today , under $80, I'm sure gas prices will drop bigly lickety-split :lol: :lol: , gas should be under $1.50 any day now... :lol: :lol:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:25 am Oil tanking big time today , under $80, I'm sure gas prices will drop bigly lickety-split :lol: :lol: , gas should be under $1.50 any day now... :lol: :lol:
I doubt it Grumps the big oil companies will keep it inflated from now on 120.00 a barrel or 20 bucks a barrel 2.00 plus for gas is here to stay. IMO :roll: :thumbdown:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

With the huge drop in oil today, pump prices should be dropping 20cents. Yet News1130 has an article up about prices going higher. What a load of BS. Class action lawsuit is needed in BC if only someone had the balls to get it rolling. As oil was falling over the last few months, pump prices stayed almost level so that they KNEW as soon as oil went up they could gouge and jack the prices. Funny how it NEVER falls in equal fashion to how it rises and here is where the scamming collusion and gouging comes into play and this needs to be stopped at a government level or class action suit brought against numerous parties.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hound wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:06 pm With the huge drop in oil today, pump prices should be dropping 20cents. Yet News1130 has an article up about prices going higher. What a load of BS. Class action lawsuit is needed in BC if only someone had the balls to get it rolling. As oil was falling over the last few months, pump prices stayed almost level so that they KNEW as soon as oil went up they could gouge and jack the prices. Funny how it NEVER falls in equal fashion to how it rises and here is where the scamming collusion and gouging comes into play and this needs to be stopped at a government level or class action suit brought against numerous parties.
:wtf: :shock: from 194.9c yesterday at my Esso l go to now 205.9c today in the central valley how the hell is that possible with the price of a barrel of oil so low now.
CYCW station
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:18 pm :wtf: :shock: from 194.9c yesterday at my Esso l go to now 205.9c today in the central valley how the hell is that possible with the price of a barrel of oil so low now.
$2.16 here... What a joke!
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Listened to John McCombe on CKNW this morning with 2 cohorts,one from Alberta and the other from Winnipeg. Alberta gas at 1.40 and Winnipeg 1.65 and their complaining about their recent price increases :roll: and the Winnipeg guy chimes in saying the prices have come way down from earlier in the year. Say what? Not here! I was ticked off that McCombe didn't object to that by saying that our prices are right back to what they were when oil was at $120 . :thumbdown:
Apparently Washington refinery maintenance causing the price hikes..but why so much!! Probably a load horse manure. And why is our province the only one that gets affected by these things? A bunch of malarkey with a dash of balder, and throw in some baloney.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator
Elevation: 162 M./532 ft.

Post by Roberts Creeker »

I drove up to Sechelt and passed the gas station yesterday it was $1.97, when I headed back home an hour later it had jumped to $2.07! :shock: :o
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:00 pm Listened to John McCombe on CKNW this morning with 2 cohorts,one from Alberta and the other from Winnipeg. Alberta gas at 1.40 and Winnipeg 1.65 and their complaining about their recent price increases :roll: and the Winnipeg guy chimes in saying the prices have come way down from earlier in the year. Say what? Not here! I was ticked off that McCombe didn't object to that by saying that our prices are right back to what they were when oil was at $120 . :thumbdown:
Apparently Washington refinery maintenance causing the price hikes..but why so much!! Probably a load horse manure. And why is our province the only one that gets affected by these things? A bunch of malarkey with a dash of balder, and throw in some baloney.
Agreed skipper, but geesh the cherry point refinery just had a maintenance shut down in the spring when prices sky rocketed how many maintenance shut downs do they need. :crazy:
And it's bizarre in the past with maintenance shutdowns we didn't seem to have this all of a sudden gas shortages and unbelievable fuel spikes.
This is like screw the consumer pay up or go green start transit or biking it, :roll:
has green activists taken over fuel pricing now. :(
CYCW station
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

Canada Goose wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:52 pm $2.16 here... What a joke!
Ah ah, $2.34 in Coquitlam this morning. F.... bast....! :evil:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Canada Goose wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 pm Ah ah, $2.34 in Coquitlam this morning. F.... bast....! :evil:
Interpreter please. :shifty:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Global news gas price story drops the ball again. I went back in this thread to late 2021-early 2022 before the Russian invasion and WTI oil spike. Looks like gas was around $1.50-$1.60 when oil was $70-$80. So instead of global news focusing on oil price to gas price correlation and asking the so- called gas price experts when will the prices go back down to reflect the big drop in oil prices, they ask instead where are future prices heading , and the answer was, "um well you know if commodity prices go up the gas prices will only go up ". Ahhhhhh!!! , I nearly threw my Canucks slippers at the T.V.! So there ya go, $3 here we come because nobody will put their feet to the fire.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

The media is useless. All bought and paid for. I know, I worked for it before. Funny how the pump price shot up insane and yet took FOREVER to fall even though now we have had oil fall TWICE to it's lowest point this year! Serious legal action needs to be taken. Why are paying MORE fore fuel in holding tanks that was bought CHEAPER and yet the price goes up on fuel already purchased and delivered!
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Why are interest rates rising? Apparently to slow inflation the bottom of society needs to loose their job this is all another big world scam just like all the shutdowns and money printing that was supposed to not create inflation according to the “experts”
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

I just read the gas prices are going up 9 cents to 2.39/litre! Travel restrictions are coming off on Saturday. Lineups at the border will be huge!
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

John wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:24 pm Why are interest rates rising? Apparently to slow inflation the bottom of society needs to loose their job this is all another big world scam just like all the shutdowns and money printing that was supposed to not create inflation according to the “experts”
Interest rates should never have been below 3%, IMO. That would've prevented a lot of this mess in the first place.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm