June 2024 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: June 2024 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Canada Goose wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:42 pm 1- India's all-time record is 51.0°C in May 2016. This year, the highest was 50.5°C.

2- 50°C (122°F for Americans only...) in Death Valley is common. Happens every year. Don't need to be in 2024.
Thank you for laying the law down Corporal Goose. :police: :wave: We reached a high of 26c today in the central valley.
Join us next season for the 7th annual 2 old retired geezer's inaccurate snowfall contest

:snowatt:
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 0cm
:hockey: South Sardines: 0cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Weather101 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:30 pm I learned it from you! Year after year when you brought up nonsense like teachers' strikes when the topic should have been weather, so thanks for showing me the way.

And John, I talk more about weather than you, so don't try to act like a saint now.
Teacher strike? lol

Ok lol :lol:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:48 pm Teacher strike? lol

Ok lol :lol:
Hi John l miss you. :wave: :D
Join us next season for the 7th annual 2 old retired geezer's inaccurate snowfall contest

CYCW station
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:01 pm Hi John l miss you. :wave: :D
Missed you to bro!
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:08 am Hmm...What's up with AM 730 Houndsie :? no more all traffic there stunting CKNW 980 simulcast weird, :wtf: format change coming up. ?
We reached a summer like high of 23c in the central valley on Friday. :thumbup:
Yup... Corus is useless. Who knows what they will do. So many legacy stations in Vancouver and across Canada have been ruined by corporate greed, consolidation and cookie cutter formats. CRTC is too blame as well. but if you look at who makes up the CRTC, they are all former ceos' etc of these telecom companies so they are in there to push their own agendas. It's disgusting. I remember going on tours of some of Vancouver's greatest stations. It was so fun! Then I worked at one... it was terrible how they treat their employees.
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hound wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:42 pm Yup... Corus is useless. Who knows what they will do. So many legacy stations in Vancouver and across Canada have been ruined by corporate greed, consolidation and cookie cutter formats. CRTC is too blame as well. but if you look at who makes up the CRTC, they are all former ceos' etc of these telecom companies so they are in there to push their own agendas. It's disgusting. I remember going on tours of some of Vancouver's greatest stations. It was so fun! Then I worked at one... it was terrible how they treat their employees.
Kool l did that as well Houndlegs l use to call certain DJ's that l got to know and met them. I visited CJOR they were in the basement of the old Grovenor hotel downtown. CHQM 1320 old Burrard street location. CFUN 4th Ave location.
CKWX and CKLG was difficult to get into l tried. I even spent a nightshift with the DJ l got to know back in 76 when l lived in Nanaimo for 6 months 1570AM CHUB. Man the memories l can go on it was fun times in the 70's.
Last edited by SouthSardiswx on Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CYCW station
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

That's awesome!
Well, I got to spend the night at LG73 in 1990. WOW! No joke.

As for Traffic 730, here are the final words before it went off off and changed to CKNW feed.
Be sure to expand the tweet, there are 2 tweets with 2 videos.
https://twitter.com/thewildwild30/statu ... 7279057051

Listen to the jocks voice.. poor him.. :(
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hound wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:06 pm That's awesome!
Well, I got to spend the night at LG73 in 1990. WOW! No joke.

As for Traffic 730, here are the final words before it went off off and changed to CKNW feed.
Be sure to expand the tweet, there are 2 tweets with 2 videos.
https://twitter.com/thewildwild30/statu ... 7279057051

Listen to the jocks voice.. poor him.. :(
Wow he sounded so emotional at the end you gotta think most likely a lot of BCIT radio journalists wondering where there next gig will be.
I wonder if Mark Madryga did go on air one last time pretty sombre.

CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hound wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:42 pm Yup... Corus is useless. Who knows what they will do. So many legacy stations in Vancouver and across Canada have been ruined by corporate greed, consolidation and cookie cutter formats. CRTC is too blame as well. but if you look at who makes up the CRTC, they are all former ceos' etc of these telecom companies so they are in there to push their own agendas. It's disgusting. I remember going on tours of some of Vancouver's greatest stations. It was so fun! Then I worked at one... it was terrible how they treat their employees.
What station did you work at Houndnose? remember when John Mckeachie did sports on BCTV late night sometimes we would call the newsroom and he'd answer.

CYCW station
Mattman
Weather Tracker
Weather Tracker
Elevation: 65 M.

Post by Mattman »

With all respect, Hound, the “corporate greed” argument is lazy—applied haphazardly to any and all situations of cutbacks. There may be elements of truth there, but reality is multivariate. If it really was corporate greed, they would be highly profitable corporations. They aren’t. I was an avid listener of NW as I love political and social discourse. I loved Sports Talk with Dan Russell. But am radio is a dying industry. After I latched on to podcasts, I can’t stomach talk radio—especially with the lack of on air talent to carry an interview broken up every five minutes by another five minutes of commercials. I’ve maybe listened to five minutes of talk radio in the past year as an exercise of what I don’t miss. For traffic, look on your phone to see where the current problems are. AM radio and corporate media are irrelevant industries in slow, painful decline. But they did it to themselves from the CEO to those on the lowest rung of the ladder due to a well-deserved loss of trust and failure to adapt.

As for weather, this is perfection coming up. I love this as much as real winter weather.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Mattman wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:40 am With all respect, Hound, the “corporate greed” argument is lazy—applied haphazardly to any and all situations of cutbacks. There may be elements of truth there, but reality is multivariate. If it really was corporate greed, they would be highly profitable corporations. They aren’t. I was an avid listener of NW as I love political and social discourse. I loved Sports Talk with Dan Russell. But am radio is a dying industry. After I latched on to podcasts, I can’t stomach talk radio—especially with the lack of on air talent to carry an interview broken up every five minutes by another five minutes of commercials. I’ve maybe listened to five minutes of talk radio in the past year as an exercise of what I don’t miss. For traffic, look on your phone to see where the current problems are. AM radio and corporate media are irrelevant industries in slow, painful decline. But they did it to themselves from the CEO to those on the lowest rung of the ladder due to a well-deserved loss of trust and failure to adapt.

As for weather, this is perfection coming up. I love this as much as real winter weather.
Yeah Google maps kind of screwed traffic radio, and podcasts vs talk radio, etc. It is too bad but it is the way it's going.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Climate change, technology sounds like your fe up with the world Kells. :?

CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Few build ups today over the Cheam range east of Chilliwack but nothing huge.
20240630_190050.jpg
We reached a sultry high today of 24c @ the pond in south Sardis today with 14.2mm of rain since midnight. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forum announcement: Don't forget forum friends to check out "The Late Night Comedy" thread to get your chuckle on, :lol:
new jokes have been posted recently.

CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I can't sleep too excited about free agency and who the Nukles might sign. :thumbup: :clap:
It's currently 18c @ the pond in south Sardis.

CYCW station