Politics

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Re: Politics

Post by John »

Rubus_Leucodermis wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:30 pm I did not call 70 million Americans fascist. I called Trump a fascist.
Your words:

“The bad news is that there are up to 70 million little fascists who still voted fascist, and did so despite the pandemic and the big fascist’s tragic mismanaging of it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it: it’s an ideology so popular that it almost won a second term despite killing hundreds of thousands with its ineptitude. “

It is what it is lol I don’t care man it’s ok we all say things in the heat of the moment
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

John wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:26 pm Has Abby ever been wrong? Don’t think so!
I was partially wrong... the NDP didn't need the Greens to win this time.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Abby_wx wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:25 pm I was partially wrong... the NDP didn't need the Greens to win this time.
For once, the polls were actually bang on. Horgan made a smart play to capitalize before the second wave truly struck. Not complaining as I really don't see the liberals as being able to handle this kind of situation very well. I hope the NDP manage to stave off the kind of corruption that tends to plague large majority governments that get comfortable in power.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

PortKells wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:51 pm For once, the polls were actually bang on. Horgan made a smart play to capitalize before the second wave truly struck. Not complaining as I really don't see the liberals as being able to handle this kind of situation very well. I hope the NDP manage to stave off the kind of corruption that tends to plague large majority governments that get comfortable in power.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter who handles the Covid situation when people don't listen lol every weekend I know of multiple parties going on it just is what it is. People hear the 99.97 percent survival rate and go on having fun not knowing the lasting symptoms of covid or there parents or grandparents health. Covid is a toss up either you get no symptoms, Very few, Or can be in ICU just not worth the risk and it was brutal to have.

It comes down to the government has lost the people's trust and they go against them. There's suggestions the federal government could step in which would create even more backlash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Weather101 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:08 pm At the end of the day it doesn't matter who handles the Covid situation when people don't listen lol every weekend I know of multiple parties going on it just is what it is. People hear the 99.97 percent survival rate and go on having fun not knowing the lasting symptoms of covid or there parents or grandparents health. Covid is a toss up either you get no symptoms, Very few, Or can be in ICU just not worth the risk and it was brutal to have.

It comes down to the government has lost the people's trust and they go against them. There's suggestions the federal government could step in which would create even more backlash.
Have you had lasting symptoms after your experience?
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

PortKells wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:10 pm Have you had lasting symptoms after your experience?
Shortness of breath, Lingering cough for no reason that finally has gone away. Some days you just don't feel right and you just feel off and there's zero explanation for it. The shortness of breath is finally getting a bit better but I still can't go back to playing hockey or even go for a long run like I used to. My doctor can't help me since they have a lot of people who have these long term issues. He's hopeful it will go away but nobody truly knows.

Some people I know got sick for a day and it was gone and that was there experience. Other people are only sick for a week and they recover fully.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
Rubus_Leucodermis
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 70 m / 230 ft

Post by Rubus_Leucodermis »

John wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:55 pm Your words:

“The bad news is that there are up to 70 million little fascists who still voted fascist, and did so despite the pandemic and the big fascist’s tragic mismanaging of it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it: it’s an ideology so popular that it almost won a second term despite killing hundreds of thousands with its ineptitude. “

It is what it is lol I don’t care man it’s ok we all say things in the heat of the moment
OK, you have a point. I should not have used those words.
It's called clown range for a reason.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

This covid19 pandemic is getting tiresome, don’t understand why we don’t just let the virus run its course like every other virus we have ever had. We can’t keep doing this forever imo tell me what Me what I am missing here? I know of quite a few people that where tested positive without any symptoms at all
Last edited by John on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

John wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 pm This covid19 pandemic is getting tiresome, don’t understand why we don’t just let the virus run its course like every other virus we have ever had. We can’t keep doing this forever imo
I suspect it's a lack of volunteers willing to die for the cause :roll:
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

moonshadow0825 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:23 pm I suspect it's a lack of volunteers willing to die for the cause :roll:
What do you mean?
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

11 deaths today so maybe it’s worse than I thought?
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

PortKells wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:51 pm For once, the polls were actually bang on.
The polls are almost always bang on. I'm not entirely sure why the polls under report Trump as one of a few exceptions, but speculation is that he got a lot of votes from apolitical, non-voters who pollsters assume don't vote so don't include them in their polling results.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 pm This covid19 pandemic is getting tiresome, don’t understand why we don’t just let the virus run its course like every other virus we have ever had. We can’t keep doing this forever imo tell me what Me what I am missing here? I know of quite a few people that where tested positive without any symptoms at all
Have you volunteered to get immunity? I certainly wouldn't. Lots of people my age reporting they've permanently lost taste and smell, they're always tired and have lung scarring. With everybody passing it around to everybody, you'd see a lot more serious cases and a lot higher death rate. Especially when hospitals got overwhelmed. But you'd also see a lot more life changing cases too.

Have you followed whats going on down south? They also got "tired" of it. Look where that's got them. A humanitarian disaster. Doctors Without Borders is now for the first time focused on the USA. Many states at a breaking point. Is that actually where you would want to go with this, with vaccinations giving us a theoretical light at the end of the tunnel?
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:02 pm Have you volunteered to get immunity? I certainly wouldn't. Lots of people my age reporting they've permanently lost taste and smell, they're always tired and have lung scarring. With everybody passing it around to everybody, you'd see a lot more serious cases and a lot higher death rate. Especially when hospitals got overwhelmed. But you'd also see a lot more life changing cases too.

Have you followed whats going on down south? They also got "tired" of it. Look where that's got them. A humanitarian disaster. Doctors Without Borders is now for the first time focused on the USA. Many states at a breaking point. Is that actually where you would want to go with this, with vaccinations giving us a theoretical light at the end of the tunnel?
Any proof lung scarring occurred after patients contracted covid? I've seen this point floated around a lot but how do we know they didn't have lung problems or scarring prior to falling ill?
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Typeing3 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:20 pm Any proof lung scarring occurred after patients contracted covid? I've seen this point floated around a lot but how do we know they didn't have lung problems or scarring prior to falling ill?
I'm going based off of many anecdotal reports including one on this site. These people recover but their symptoms persist, like shortness of breath. This is a sign of lung scarring. Once tissues are scarred they can no longer transfer oxygen. Similar thing can happen to your heart, nervous system, olfactory, and on. Can even happen in asymptomatic cases but probably less pronounced.

This link can give you more accurate details.
https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/07/08/fr ... ing-marks/