Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Sports Talk

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:19 pm png0912neddielack-02.jpg
l read that skipper Eddie Lack. :lol: kool.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Next question who's broadcasting the games on radio still no deal with 650 Sportsnet also no colour guy as Corey Hirsch left.
Will they go with in house streaming, l wish they streamed Shorty and John Garrett much better to listen to then what 650 had.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:00 pm Next question who's broadcasting the games on radio still no deal with 650 Sportsnet also no colour guy as Corey Hirsch left.
Will they go with in house streaming, l wish they streamed Shorty and John Garrett much better to listen to then what 650 had.
Based on insider information given to me at the Wedding it's adios Sportsnet 650 and hello in house streaming. I'm surprised this hasn't been announced yet. If that is indeed the case then it is my guess that Sportsnet 650 won't last long without the canucks. Wouldn't that be a shame if a major league city like Vancouver goes from 2 radio sports stations to 0.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:37 pm Based on insider information given to me at the Wedding it's adios Sportsnet 650 and hello in house streaming. I'm surprised this hasn't been announced yet. If that is indeed the case then it is my guess that Sportsnet 650 won't last long without the canucks. Wouldn't that be a shame if a major league city like Vancouver goes from 2 radio sports stations to 0.
l kinda figured that skipper so now 2 comedy stations. :wtf: l guess our late night antics did pay off. :D to be honest skipper the way they've kept the fans in the dark is BS there's the hospital paitents and the shut in's, blind, pensioners those that can't stream Canuck games, on this snowy night in Vancouver. :wtf:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:49 pm l kinda figured that skipper so now 2 comedy stations. :wtf: l guess our late night antics did pay off. :D to be honest skipper the way they've kept the fans in the dark is BS there's the hospital paitents and the shut in's, blind, pensioners those that can't stream Canuck games, on this snowy night in Vancouver. :wtf:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sportsn ... t-schedule
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I read this article skipper Gimpers l'm not impressed there leaving the radio or streaming decision until the end.
I thought this new management was supposed to bring a fresh approach to the team.
This decision they screwed up already by not getting it taken care of early on. :thumbdown:
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

I'm intrigued , getting excited for the upcoming NHL season to see if the Canuckleheads can improve on last season by making the playoffs , which would bring a fresh new meaning to " Bruce there it is". With the new Russian additions and Lazar they certainly look like a better team on paper. And it's almost a given that Petey and Boeser will have better years and everyone thinks that Podkolzin will take another step forward. If all these things pan out the Canucks might even be an offensive juggernaut.

Yikes , just looked at the schedule, 5 game road trip right off the bat. Maybe just what the doctor ordered :shock:
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:16 pm I'm intrigued , getting excited for the upcoming NHL season to see if the Canuckleheads can improve on last season by making the playoffs , which would bring a fresh new meaning to " Bruce there it is". With the new Russian additions and Lazar they certainly look like a better team on paper. And it's almost a given that Petey and Boeser will have better years and everyone thinks that Podkolzin will take another step forward. If all these things pan out the Canucks might even be an offensive juggernaut.

Yikes , just looked at the schedule, 5 game road trip right off the bat. Maybe just what the doctor ordered :shock:
By golly your correct skipper Gimples they look much better on paper.
They actually may fly ptetty fast too.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... ce=sh/x/im
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Still no radio deal on the eve almost of pre season.what a joke so now if l can't catch the game on T.V. l'll have to stream the games from the opposing teams radio station. :roll: :thumbdown: :x
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:37 am Still no radio deal on the eve almost of pre season.what a joke so now if l can't catch the game on T.V. l'll have to stream the games from the opposing teams radio station. :roll: :thumbdown: :x
Strange yesterday's flames game was still on the radio. I think my excitement level just got hammered a cupla levels with that performance against the flames at home. It definitely looks like flames prospects are better than ours , and Horvat's skating looked like he stole my diet drinking beer and eating Truffle fries all summer . And what a surprise , Boeser already injured.. :roll: . Fortunately canucks have better forward depth this time around. Hopefully that new Russian is ok.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:06 pm Strange yesterday's flames game was still on the radio. I think my excitement level just got hammered a cupla levels with that performance against the flames at home. It definitely looks like flames prospects are better than ours , and Horvat's skating looked like he stole my diet drinking beer and eating Truffle fries all summer . And what a surprise , Boeser already injured.. :roll: . Fortunately canucks have better forward depth this time around. Hopefully that new Russian is ok.
On 650? skipper l didn't even check who did play-by-play and color with no more Hirsch?
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:06 pm Strange yesterday's flames game was still on the radio. I think my excitement level just got hammered a cupla levels with that performance against the flames at home. It definitely looks like flames prospects are better than ours , and Horvat's skating looked like he stole my diet drinking beer and eating Truffle fries all summer . And what a surprise , Boeser already injured.. :roll: . Fortunately canucks have better forward depth this time around. Hopefully that new Russian is ok.
:lol: Not looking good for Horvat then skipper hope he's not feeling to comfortable thinking he doesn't have to try mind you it is pre season but still show some emotion at least.
Boeser injured and the free agent signing from the Laffs Medi????
CYCW station
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

With the retirement of Chara, I'm now older than everyone in the NHL, but I feel like I'm actually becoming a better player with age. I played hockey last night for the first time since March and played about as good as I've played before, and the last month of last year I played the best hockey of my life. With the exception of my nagging rotator cuff injury I'm not feeling my age yet. I've only been playing goalie since age 35 so maybe that's why I'm still improving.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Glacier wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am With the retirement of Chara, I'm now older than everyone in the NHL, but I feel like I'm actually becoming a better player with age. I played hockey last night for the first time since March and played about as good as I've played before, and the last month of last year I played the best hockey of my life. With the exception of my nagging rotator cuff injury I'm not feeling my age yet. I've only been playing goalie since age 35 so maybe that's why I'm still improving.
Sounds like a minor rotator cuff injury but it can still linger for years unless you take the appropriate action, and no I'm not talkin about taking extra strength Vitog with beer. I had it for about 2 or 3 years and finally got rid of it after doing a couple of rotator cuff exercises, 3-4 times a week for 3 months.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

:wtf: How did 650 get the radio rights l thought it was dead in the water.There broadcasting the Knuckles/Kracks game tonight you were right skipper Grumpy.
Randy Janda is doing color pretty decent better than Hirsch.IMO
CYCW station