Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by PortKells »

Hawk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:27 pm I feel bad for those that have compromised health conditions. If i did, i likely would have got the vaccine up front too. Sadly, the vaccine does little. Do we even know that it helps?

And i'm not an anti vaxxer at all. Far from it. I've had the Polio vaccine. But that stops you from getting Polio last i checked. These multiple Covid Vaccine shots every 6 moths lol just dont make any sense. They don't stop you from getting Covid. :shh:
The vaccines have saved millions of lives. However unfortunately they are ineffective at preventing transmission and in some cases, long Covid. I’m skeptical you could do much better in that short timeline for this kind of illness. Look at flu shots - people need yearly boosters, there is no perfect vaccine to date.

I’m definitely aware how many problems these vaccines have and I wish circumstances were different for those who had reactions.
Ovonucks
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher

Post by Ovonucks »

Polio is eradicated (nearly) because it is a mandatory vaccine. The only places you'll see it pop up is in those loony small Christian towns. There was an outbreak in New Jersey I believe. If the uptick of covid vaccination was higher, it probably would have done a better job at preventing transmission. But it made covid less severe. Undeniable fact.

It's no surprise that when you looked at the numbers per capita, covid infections and hospital stays were much higher in the unvaxxed. I can't believe it's been 3 years and people are still so ignorant. But like I said, it's the usual suspects in here that can't figure out climate change is a thing that also don't understand vaccines. Generally they go hand in hand so maybe I'm the dummy for expecting more from people
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

PortKells wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:07 pm The vaccines have saved millions of lives. However unfortunately they are ineffective at preventing transmission and in some cases, long Covid. I’m skeptical you could do much better in that short timeline for this kind of illness. Look at flu shots - people need yearly boosters, there is no perfect vaccine to date.

I’m definitely aware how many problems these vaccines have and I wish circumstances were different for those who had reactions.
The fact is that these vaccines should never have been made mandatory in the first place. Not only do the mandates infringe on our fundamental human rights, but the vaccines don’t even prevent transmission. Given that these mandates were so obviously unjustified, it’s outrageous they got so much public support.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Ovonucks
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher

Post by Ovonucks »

AbbyJr wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:32 am The fact is that these vaccines should never have been made mandatory in the first place. Not only do the mandates infringe on our fundamental human rights, but the vaccines don’t even prevent transmission. Given that these mandates were so obviously unjustified, it’s outrageous they got so much public support.
Vaccine. Mandates. Are. Not. New.

They've been around forever.

Plus, you realize how much good is gonna come out of this mRNA tech? All the people railing against it now are gonna be so happy when they start using it in cancer treatments.

Maybe mandates don't bother me because I actually care about my neighbours and elderly folks. Even Jésus would have gotten vaccinated
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Wow... making blanket assumptions, stoking fear, and gaslighting others. Par for the course, I suppose. :lol:

For the hard core covidian crowd, stuff like that can never be wrong... luckily those groups (like most others on the other extreme -- i.e. 5G vaccine crowd, QAnon, etc) are now primarily operating in fringe echo chamber spaces with a greatly diminished ability to affect actual policy. Nonetheless, they continue to be steadfast in their claims that mask and vaccine mandates were hugely effective in preventing elevated rates of covid cases and deaths, despite the (ever-increasing) data continually proving this wrong, for example...

Austria:
FqFNVIbaEAACHEy.jpeg

Sweden vs UK:
FqZZLA2aEAMC-fI.jpeg

California vs Florida:
FqadiEjaEAE5iqj.jpeg

South Korea:
FqpJ58iagAAlr2I.jpeg

United States:
FrSCFWnaQAA-V0g.jpeg

Sweden vs other countries:
FrhGcaZaQAAX90I.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.
:eatyum:
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

AbbyJr wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:32 am The fact is that these vaccines should never have been made mandatory in the first place. Not only do the mandates infringe on our fundamental human rights, but the vaccines don’t even prevent transmission. Given that these mandates were so obviously unjustified, it’s outrageous they got so much public support.
Technically they weren't "mandatory" but I get what you are saying. However employers do have the right to do this if they so please. Its an employees right to refuse, however they're not entitled to continued employment. That's not a vaccine argument its just employer's rights.

I think its time to admit there are issues with the vaccines but to also admit they've saved millions of vulnerable people. The mandates certainly weren't a perfect solution and the passports didn't go over well - however they were very temporary which runs contrary to many folks' assertions. It's just an ugly situation and IMO nobody was going to be happy with any "solution" because there were no good ones.

It certainly doesn't bode well if (when) there is to be a future and maybe even more serious pandemic that society is this torn apart about the issue. Hopefully that holds off for as long as possible. Pandemics are part of life and they will likely become more frequent as get closer together and continue to do stupid things like wet markets or the corona labs.

I'm glad its kinda over. Covid seems to have become somewhat mild now, and its kinda dropped off the radar. Vaccine uptake has plummeted and things still seem okay.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I'm just happy as well that we seem to have weathered the worst pardon the pun.
There was enough suffering the last 2 plus years.
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

Interesting to see many people are now getting caught for taking saline shots rather than the actual vaccine, and they paid to have this done and falsely reported as being vaccinated. Apparently many are high level government people, pharma people etc from all over the world. Leaks are just starting to come out. This just keeps getting more crazy.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Hound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:04 pm Interesting to see many people are now getting caught for taking saline shots rather than the actual vaccine, and they paid to have this done and falsely reported as being vaccinated. Apparently many are high level government people, pharma people etc from all over the world. Leaks are just starting to come out. This just keeps getting more crazy.
:lol: Wow talk about a scam but it wouldn't surprise me l was lucky my work didn't implement a mandate for getting the vaxx surprising since my work is a very large trucking firm.
I was lucky since l work mostly on my own there was no major outbreak at my work. And since the drivers swap trucks at shift change alot of drivers sanitized the cabs before pre trips and heading out on there routes.
Last edited by SouthSardiswx on Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CYCW station
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Ovonucks wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:17 pm Polio is eradicated (nearly) because it is a mandatory vaccine. The only places you'll see it pop up is in those loony small Christian towns. There was an outbreak in New Jersey I believe. If the uptick of covid vaccination was higher, it probably would have done a better job at preventing transmission. But it made covid less severe. Undeniable fact.

It's no surprise that when you looked at the numbers per capita, covid infections and hospital stays were much higher in the unvaxxed. I can't believe it's been 3 years and people are still so ignorant. But like I said, it's the usual suspects in here that can't figure out climate change is a thing that also don't understand vaccines. Generally they go hand in hand so maybe I'm the dummy for expecting more from people
You do know the difference between Polio and Covid vaccine effectiveness, right? We had the highest vaccination rates of any vaccine ever. It was at near 100% in places. But the vaccine did not prevent transmission. In fact, people became more lax afterwards in terms of social distancing, so it actually spread EVEN MORE after vaccination.

You cannot eradicate a disease when the vaccine doesn't stop the spread. That's just basic science and math.

Yes, it did lessen the severity of infection for many, but that's not the same thing as stopping the spread. That is the only legitimate argument for getting the vaccine. It lessens your odds of dying or getting hospitalized when you get infected. All the other arguments such as it being able to stop the pandemic are just lies.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

How quickly the biggest event since 9/11 or since 2011 when the Knuckles blew a chance at winning the Stanley Cup for the first time. :sick:
On May 5th the W.H.O. announced that the pandemic is no longer a global health emergency. Although it is something we have to live with but what a scary and weird 3 years it's been.
I guess this news story gets put on the back page for now. :shifty:
CYCW station
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

Is it really over though? And clearly WHO cannot be trusted.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Hound wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:18 am Is it really over though? And clearly WHO cannot be trusted.
Never was to begin with. :lol:

Agreed on the second point though -- can't be trusted... here's a funny one: if the WHO had their way with the H1N1/Swine flu outbreak in 2009, the world would've been shut down like what happened with covid, but the definition of a "pandemic" was different back then -- which was later changed years later so when covid ultimately hit, it fit the bill!
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)