Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by Abby_wx »

BC is the only province in Canada to not have gotten rid of or announced an end date for vaccine passports.

This is some very interesting messaging regarding masks and vaccine cards. It's beginning to sound like they will never fully go away, which would have been considered a conspiracy theory not long ago. This is typical for slow conditioning to accept increasingly authoritarian measures until they eventually become normalized.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/businesses-can-ab ... -1.5801680

"The B.C. government will support businesses that keep requiring customers to mask up and provide proof of vaccination even after those COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, health officials said Tuesday."

"There are not tools that we abandoned. They are things that helped us, that worked."

" Should the risks begin to increase again after B.C.'s restrictions are lifted, the government will consider re-implementing orders as needed, Henry said.

"There's still many things we don't know about this virus and how it's going to change, so we need to keep those in our back pocket for those times that we might need to use them again," Henry said."
Let's try to keep track of the shifting narrative...

2020 - There are no plans to implement a vaccine passport.
Early 2021 - We will only implement a vaccine passport if the science supports it.
Mid 2021 - BC announces plans for a vaccine passport.
Sep 2021 - The "BC vaccine card" program is introduced and will be in effect until January 1st, 2022.
Jan 2022 - We've extended the vaccine card requirement until June 30th and will review our decision at a later date.
Feb 2022 - The science is important, but so are people's comfort levels.
Mar 2022 - Even when we lift the vaccine card requirement, individual businesses can still require it. We'll be keeping vaccine cards in our back pocket in case we need them again.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:59 am BC is the only province in Canada to not have gotten rid of or announced an end date for vaccine passports.

This is some very interesting messaging regarding masks and vaccine cards. It's beginning to sound like they will never fully go away, which would have been considered a conspiracy theory not long ago. This is typical for slow conditioning to accept increasingly authoritarian measures until they eventually become normalized.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/businesses-can-ab ... -1.5801680

Let's try to keep track of the shifting narrative...

2020 - There are no plans to implement a vaccine passport.
Early 2021 - We will only implement a vaccine passport if the science supports it.
Mid 2021 - BC announces plans for a vaccine passport.
Oct 2021 - The "BC vaccine card" program is introduced and will be in effect until January 1st, 2022.
Jan 2022 - We've extended the vaccine card requirement until June 30th and will review our decision at a later date.
Feb 2022 - The science is important, but so are people's comfort levels.
Mar 2022 - Even when we lift the vaccine card requirement, individual businesses can still require it. We'll be keeping vaccine cards in our back pocket in case we need them again.
It continues to be and unfortunately always will be confusing here in B.C. Abbs sr. for some reason it appears B.C. health officials want to keep us segregated vaxxed and unvaxxed. :? while other provinces have or are going to drop mask mandates as well as vaxx passports.
We continue to live in the dark ages here in B.C. l'm not sure about you or other forum members but many times l've accidentally forgotten my mask while going into my local gas station only to have the attendant say to me don't worry about it.
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Who knows Abby sr l'm not an expert on these subjects or deep dive into them like yourself or Tman or Kells do. You guys always provide indepth info.
But l'm smart enough to notice it appears our provincial healt officials are perhaps hoping we'll reach 100% vaxxed.
On a side note l recieved my 3rd booster notification
Christmas night l still haven't gone in to get it.
Maybe l'm waiting to see the effects of a 3rd dose after effects l suppose l should ge itt but by that time they'll issue a 4th dose notification. :roll:
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Antares wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:23 am You just helped create a new super variant. :clap:
I have had 3 shots and a semi serious infection so I'm guessing this is sarcasm.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:36 am I have had 3 shots and a semi serious infection so I'm guessing this is sarcasm.
:shock: that's insane Kells hope your o.k. now.
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:48 am :shock: that's insane Kells hope your o.k. now.
Better now, back to sports and everything! seems like some effects will take a while to go away. It's a messed up disease though for sure.
Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

PortKells wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:36 am I have had 3 shots and a semi serious infection so I'm guessing this is sarcasm.
Partially.

Glad to see you are still here though. :wave:
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

This has all but disappeared since the Ukraine crisis coincidence or not. :think:
Join us next season
CYCW station
Abby_wx

Post by Abby_wx »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:24 pm This has all but disappeared since the Ukraine crisis coincidence or not. :think:
I went grocery shopping this evening and about a quarter of the people in the store were unmasked. I'm not exaggerating. I thought I'd missed some kind of announcement, but apparently people have just stopped caring.

I also went out for dinner and they didn't ask to see my non-existent vax pass (had they asked, I would have said "whoops, forgot it -- to go, please").

Fall/Winter 2023/24
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:52 pm I went grocery shopping this evening and about a quarter of the people in the store were unmasked. I'm not exaggerating. I thought I'd missed some kind of announcement, but apparently people have just stopped caring.

I also went out for dinner and they didn't ask to see my non-existent vax pass (had they asked, I would have said "whoops, forgot it -- to go, please").
Nice move Abby sr. I'm thinking now the ppl you see with out masks are the majority that are vaxxed IMO. As for some diners not asking for the vaxx passport are probably so happy just to have full dinning back so f..k it asking for it l like that move.
I doubt the government is taking numbers on diners checking vaxx passports.
Join us next season
CYCW station
Abby_wx

Post by Abby_wx »

Unbelievable... we seem to be doubling down on the mandates while the rest of the world is easing them.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news ... 0634999f89

I wonder how many health care workers are still unvaxxed, and what is this heavy-handed approach going to accomplish so late in the game?
The order applies to nurses and midwives, chiropractors, dental hygienists, dental technicians, dental surgeons, denturists, dietitians, massage therapists, naturopaths, occupational therapists, optometrists, pharmacists, physical therapists, physicians and surgeons, psychologists, speech and hearing professionals and traditional Chinese medicine practitioners.

Fall/Winter 2023/24
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:04 am Unbelievable... we seem to be doubling down on the mandates while the rest of the world is easing them.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news ... 0634999f89

I wonder how many health care workers are still unvaxxed, and what is this heavy-handed approach going to accomplish so late in the game?
Welcome to the heavy handedness of the NDP Abby sr. always have their finger in the pie how can you tell l'm not an NDP supporter.
Join us next season
CYCW station
Abby_wx

Post by Abby_wx »

I just noticed they removed the story... it goes to an error page now. Fake news? :lol:
SouthSardiswx wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:08 am Welcome to the heavy handedness of the NDP Abby sr. always have their finger in the pie how can you tell l'm not an NDP supporter.
Fair enough, but the Liberals were so much worse in other ways. We can only speculate what their actions on COVID would have been.

Perhaps they would have been less heavy-handed with COVID. After all, they let the ICBC dumpster fire grow out of control, did nothing about housing affordability and ignored money laundering. But they never turned down an opportunity to nickel and dime us with more fees and tolls. :lol:

We really don't have a viable third party, unfortunately.

Fall/Winter 2023/24
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:13 am I just noticed they removed the story... it goes to an error page now. Fake news? :lol:

Fair enough, but the Liberals were so much worse in other ways. We can only speculate what their actions on COVID would have been.

Perhaps they would have been less heavy-handed with COVID. After all, they let the ICBC dumpster fire grow out of control, did nothing about housing affordability and ignored money laundering. But they never turned down an opportunity to nickel and dime us with more fees and tolls. :lol:

Yes l agree, it's the lesser of the two evils IMO. your correct what third party.
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Abby_wx wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:13 am I just noticed they removed the story... it goes to an error page now. Fake news? :lol:

Its like this everywhere. The party system is outdated. I say everybody should run as an independent, and money should be removed. Make your case via town halls and debates, where the debates actually get graded based on if candidates actually answer the questions. Grassroots involvement should be front and center of politics, not some joke that the elite see it as (aka Democrats vs Bernie Sanders as one example)