Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by Glacier »

SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Seems there's different opinions Glace everyone's trying to be an expert l don't pay attention to these things.
I listen to Dr. B.H. she's kinda hot too. :shock:
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

I’d love to know whether china released the virus or not but I don’t think we ever will. And even if they did, what then? Nuke em?
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:09 pm I’d love to know whether china released the virus or not but I don’t think we ever will. And even if they did, what then? Nuke em?
That could be very problematic Kells.
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:59 pm That could be very problematic Kells.
Better to hate the Chinese government (plus our own for selling out to them) for the things we already know than something they may or may not have done that ruined a good couple years. I’m just curious what the people who are very driven to find that truth would do if they found out it was the CCP who unleashed Covid on the world. I’m not sure anything could be done other than a few empty stern words.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 pm Better to hate the Chinese government (plus our own for selling out to them) for the things we already know than something they may or may not have done that ruined a good couple years. I’m just curious what the people who are very driven to find that truth would do if they found out it was the CCP who unleashed Covid on the world. I’m not sure anything could be done other than a few empty stern words.
Good point Kells l believe many all ready have an idea of the truth.
For instance the Dr. in China that sounded the alarm early on then somehow turned up dead. :shifty:
CYCW station
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:18 pm Good point Kells l believe many all ready have an idea of the truth.
For instance the Dr. in China that sounded the alarm early on then somehow turned up dead. :shifty:
Trump said china started it but he got crucified for that as a racist remember?
guess he was right….

“The China virus” lol
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:24 pm Trump said china started it but he got crucified for that as a racist remember?
guess he was right….

“The China virus” lol
He is weak and pathetic. He said “tough” statements like this but then in reality he actually went and coddled up to dictators around the world including Xi. He continued to set a bad example by manufacturing products for his own companies in “zhina” even after all his tough covid statements.
Also, we all know how those kinds of statements encouraged stupid people to commit racist acts against innocent Asian Americans (and Canadians), even people who weren’t Chinese (hence the stupid people).
So was he out and out racist saying it? Maybe, maybe not. To me he was more of a fraudelent tough guy and an absolute liar to suggest he’s tough on china.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:25 am He is weak and pathetic. He said “tough” statements like this but then in reality he actually went and coddled up to dictators around the world including Xi. He continued to set a bad example by manufacturing products for his own companies in “zhina” even after all his tough covid statements.
Also, we all know how those kinds of statements encouraged stupid people to commit racist acts against innocent Asian Americans (and Canadians), even people who weren’t Chinese (hence the stupid people).
So was he out and out racist saying it? Maybe, maybe not. To me he was more of a fraudelent tough guy and an absolute liar to suggest he’s tough on china.

I can’t stand him either but the old man in the White House now is just as bad if not worse, very much a crime family as well.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:57 am I can’t stand him either but the old man in the White House now is just as bad if not worse, very much a crime family as well.
He’s not a good president but other than a drug addict son with a laptop full of nude pictures or whatever I think most of the stuff has been cooked up by the right wing media to cover for the Trump family. Maybe there’s something I’ve missed though.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

I recently met someone who had developed Bell’s palsy from Moderna. As someone with long Covid I will admit I’ve come across quite a few “long vaxxers ”. My perspective remains that the vax saved millions, but there are risks.

Glaciers post a while back had me thinking…it’s not just the vax but the quality control and all that when they we’re trying to manufacture it by the bundle.
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

PortKells wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:54 pm I recently met someone who had developed Bell’s palsy from Moderna. As someone with long Covid I will admit I’ve come across quite a few “long vaxxers ”. My perspective remains that the vax saved millions, but there are risks.

Glaciers post a while back had me thinking…it’s not just the vax but the quality control and all that when they we’re trying to manufacture it by the bundle.
This is why I was and still am against the mandates. There is a risk benefit factor that should be considered by the individual and or doctor.
When it comes to medical matters, it's never a one size fits all. For some, the risks of the vaccine may outweigh the risks of the virus. But for others, the risk of the virus may outweigh the risks of the vaccine. This decision should be made by the individual, not the government or some agency.

It's a major violation of bodily autonomy for government or any agency to coerce somebody into putting something in their body they don't want or think they need.

The mandates became even more outrageous when they remained in place despite the fact that the vaccines were not preventing transmission.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

AbbyJr wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:32 pm This is why I was and still am against the mandates. There is a risk benefit factor that should be considered by the individual and or doctor.
When it comes to medical matters, it's never a one size fits all. For some, the risks of the vaccine may outweigh the risks of the virus. But for others, the risk of the virus may outweigh the risks of the vaccine. This decision should be made by the individual, not the government or some agency.

Its a major violation of bodily autonomy for government or any agency to coerce somebody into putting something in their body they don't want or think they need.

The mandates became even more outrageous when they remained in place despite the fact that the vaccines were not preventing transmission.
To clarify, they weren’t just for preventing transmission but for preventing hospitalizations at a time when hospitals were packed. Overloading the hospitals would lead to deaths of all kinds of patients. Yes that is mainly due to the underfunding of the health care system in general.

The vaccines were highly effective at preventing death. However the trade off was the risk of the vaccine itself. Almost a faustian bargain.

I’m glad it’s somewhat behind us although Covid will be with us forever. And long Covid/long vax still plagues many of us.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Here we go again with EG.5 so far it's just of interest anyone think another full blown knock your socks off lock down will appear in the future? sadly l'll say yes the world has changed forever whether it's by man-made or war were hooped.
CYCW station