Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Glacier wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:10 pm Also avian flu is running rampant. My friends in Anahim Lake were noticing dead geese floating on the lake... And now I'm reading about dead pelicans...
Yeah read that to Glace, can't remember where but birds were falling from the sky dead.
Although this is not un heard of happened before.
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:09 pm Very possibly could be a bio weapon. Russia has openly discussed using it as one.

Here we go again..
Wouldn't surprise me Kells with Pudding calling all the military shots in Ukraine and failing big time. But Monkey pox has been around for years and it's not like a scary threat that Covid 19 was it's just suspicious that it's spreading in places you wouldn't think it would normally. :shifty:
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:10 pm Also avian flu is running rampant. My friends in Anahim Lake were noticing dead geese floating on the lake... And now I'm reading about dead pelicans... https://www.wltribune.com/news/sick-pel ... e-cariboo/
That's just sad. And a little scary. We have about 100 birds here on the farm and we get tons of wild birds coming around..its a tense time to be a farmer.
Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

PortKells wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:09 pm Very possibly could be a bio weapon. Russia has openly discussed using it as one.

Here we go again..
It may be blamed on them but I hiiiighly doubt it was them specifically. They are a very convenient "fall guy/scapegoat" for pretty much any ill in the world though. EMP attack, cyberwarfare, bioterrorism, etc. Similar to China with covid.

All too predictable.
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap:
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

mRNA vaccines did not save any lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6MD_mdQsM
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Antares wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:27 pm It may be blamed on them but I hiiiighly doubt it was them specifically. They are a very convenient "fall guy/scapegoat" for pretty much any ill in the world though. EMP attack, cyberwarfare, bioterrorism, etc. Similar to China with covid.

All too predictable.
I just said it was possible. My opinion is that it's most likely the most boring option - these diseases are becoming more common as we continue to destroy habitats, leading us closer to wild animals.

However Russia has openly discussed using Monkeypox as a bio weapon, its not like it was just made up. Keep in mind that some folks who are opposed to the vaccine have already decided that the vaccines are causing this monkey pox problem without a shred of evidence. Everything is hyper politicized and it goes both ways every time.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:09 pm mRNA vaccines did not save any lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6MD_mdQsM
The MRNA actually saved countless lives. That has been shown statistically time and time again. I just looked up the Brownstone Institute, they are not even close to neutral on this topic.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

PortKells wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:13 am The MRNA actually saved countless lives. That has been shown statistically time and time again. I just looked up the Brownstone Institute, they are not even close to neutral on this topic.
Also, Bret and Heather are hippies who aren't vaccinated.

So this should always be taken with a grain of salt.

No data point should be believed on its own even if the data presented here is accurate.

But I think you missed the point of what they were saying. The MRNA has saved countless lives that would have ended by Covid but there could be side effects that want to make up for such as heart attacks.

There could be several other explanations for the data such a failure to adjust for age.
Abby_wx
Elevation: 157m (515ft)

Post by Abby_wx »

Antares wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:27 pm It may be blamed on them but I hiiiighly doubt it was them specifically. They are a very convenient "fall guy/scapegoat" for pretty much any ill in the world though. EMP attack, cyberwarfare, bioterrorism, etc. Similar to China with covid.

All too predictable.
My favourite one is central banks blaming Russia for inflation. It can't be their own failed monetary policy, could it? :lol: Let's ignore the fact that inflation was already soaring before the war broke out.
:dragon:

Fall/Winter 2023/24
Low min: -16.6C (Jan 12th)
Low max: -9.9C (Jan 12th)
Snowfall: 8.0 cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Abby_wx wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:18 pm My favourite one is central banks blaming Russia for inflation. It can't be their own failed monetary policy, could it? :lol: Let's ignore the fact that inflation was already soaring before the war broke out.
You know how it is Abby sr. all these government's acting like childish kids have to blame someone.
My 26 year son is more mature than these child like cry baby government's that unfortunately are destroying our world.
Join us next season
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Abby_wx wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:18 pm My favourite one is central banks blaming Russia for inflation. It can't be their own failed monetary policy, could it? :lol: Let's ignore the fact that inflation was already soaring before the war broke out.
Don't fight the Fed...and don't blame the Fed.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider

Post by Glacier »

Indeed. Here is a good (but long) explanation for what happened.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... Nzc3?ep=14

In a nutshell, the government massively stimulated the economy even after full employment was back. And by government I mean the US and Canada but no other countries.

These are the only countries that had a drop in GDP but income went up. Massive stimulation, especially by the US, has an effect on all the rest of us. Even after all the economic signs showed they should have stopped they just kept pouring it on. It could take years to bring it down and it will kill the economically disadvantaged. If Canada was smart and mimicked a place like Norway our inflation would be more like 4 or 5 percent.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

So does this mean were all going to be locked up like monkeys 🐒 Glace. :crazy: what's next Avian flu from poultry to humans, I can't fly yet.
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Ripped from the AF name's have been changed to protect the idiots

Math problem, Canadian idiot edition.

You get locked in a room by Dr. Theresa Tam. In order to get out of the room, you must find the key. In the room are 3 closed boxes. One of the boxes has the key and a free COVID vaccine. The other 2 boxes have a new COVID variant that spreads instantly and is 100% fatal.

Inside the room, Tam appears on a screen on Zoom. She has a remote control which is the only way to open any box. She then lets you pick a box for her to open. After you make your pick, Tam identifies one of the remaining boxes that has the deadly new COVID variant in it. She then asks you if you'd like to keep your original pick or change your pick to the final remaining box. What should you do for the greatest chance of survival?
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Glacier wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:59 pm Indeed. Here is a good (but long) explanation for what happened.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... Nzc3?ep=14

In a nutshell, the government massively stimulated the economy even after full employment was back. And by government I mean the US and Canada but no other countries.

These are the only countries that had a drop in GDP but income went up. Massive stimulation, especially by the US, has an effect on all the rest of us. Even after all the economic signs showed they should have stopped they just kept pouring it on. It could take years to bring it down and it will kill the economically disadvantaged. If Canada was smart and mimicked a place like Norway our inflation would be more like 4 or 5 percent.
I read that something like 80% of money ever printed by the USA has been in the last two years. Yep we are screwed :lol: