Covid Pandemic

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Re: Covid Pandemic

Post by PortKells »

Abby_wx wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:52 pm I went grocery shopping this evening and about a quarter of the people in the store were unmasked. I'm not exaggerating. I thought I'd missed some kind of announcement, but apparently people have just stopped caring.

I also went out for dinner and they didn't ask to see my non-existent vax pass (had they asked, I would have said "whoops, forgot it -- to go, please").
Masks have become..a bit of a joke. Most people have some form of immunity. I was fully on board pre vaccination and during omicron, but what we found out was that variant made a mockery of our masking habits. Its either fully fitted N95's or you might as well lick doorknobs.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

PortKells wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:58 pm Its like this everywhere. The party system is outdated. I say everybody should run as an independent, and money should be removed. Make your case via town halls and debates, where the debates actually get graded based on if candidates actually answer the questions. Grassroots involvement should be front and center of politics, not some joke that the elite see it as (aka Democrats vs Bernie Sanders as one example)
:goodpost:
Yep. Completely agree.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Big announcement today from Dr. B H hopefully a path out from masks and vaxx passports let's get back to normalcy. :thumbup:
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Bonovox
Elevation: 280 Ft

Post by Bonovox »

PortKells wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:00 pm Masks have become..a bit of a joke. Most people have some form of immunity. I was fully on board pre vaccination and during omicron, but what we found out was that variant made a mockery of our masking habits. Its either fully fitted N95's or you might as well lick doorknobs.
I'll probably be a mask wearer for life within reason. It doesn't really inconvenience me one bit. However, yes, I don't really care if others choose to mask up or not at this point.
Spring/Summer :sick: Fall/Winter :thumbup:

Delta (Sunshine Hills) - Elevation: 280 feet

Wx Station: https://tempestwx.com/station/41362/grid
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:51 am Big announcement today from Dr. B H hopefully a path out from masks and vaxx passports let's get back to normalcy. :thumbup:
There’s already talk of some restrictions returning in the fall. So unfortunately, I don’t think we are permanently done with the government coddling us. :roll: :thumbdown:
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

Nice to see free choice with regards to masks. If someone wants to wears one, that's totally fine and if someone does not want to wear one, that's totally fine as well. :clap:

The passports are still in effect for another month, unfortunately.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

Typeing3 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:57 pm Nice to see free choice with regards to masks. If someone wants to wears one, that's totally fine and if someone does not want to wear one, that's totally fine as well. :clap:

The passports are still in effect for another month, unfortunately.
Ridiculous that the passports didn’t disappear Bonnie Henry and the BC NDP are a bunch of Loosers
AbbyJr
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 50m(164ft)

Post by AbbyJr »

John wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:07 pm Ridiculous that the passports didn’t disappear Bonnie Henry and the BC NDP are a bunch of Loosers
Agreed and the BC government has also said they will support businesses that continue with the mandates even when they are lifted. I don’t know yet whether my workplace will continue with the mask mandate despite the government lifting the restriction. Last summer when the mandate was lifted provincially, my workplace continued with the mandate.

Meanwhile, Alberta is introducing legislation to prevent such a thing from happening. But seriously, why do we even need to legislate this? How hard is it for businesses to just follow the public health guidelines? I think a lot of it is virtue signalling. It’s ridiculous.
Central Abbotsford
50m (164ft)

2022/23 season snowfall: 76.8cm

:team: :snowwindow: :snowman:
Antares
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 5m

Post by Antares »

John wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:07 pm Ridiculous that the passports didn’t disappear Bonnie Henry and the BC NDP are a bunch of Loosers
Pretty clear that they have no idea what they're doing.

Or more accurately, they are getting their orders from elsewhere or at the very least, pressured by their peers to go with the other provinces.

I will not be surprised to see restrictions return again. They change things on a whim! :roll:
It always snows in December in the Kootenays :clap:
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

It's really weird about vaccine passports going away at basically the same time that dentists, optometrists, mid-wives, chiropractors, naturopaths, etc. will have to disclose their vaccination status or get fired.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

O.k. :thumbup:
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Antares wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:45 am Pretty clear that they have no idea what they're doing.

Or more accurately, they are getting their orders from elsewhere or at the very least, pressured by their peers to go with the other provinces.

I will not be surprised to see restrictions return again. They change things on a whim! :roll:
Agree Ants 🐜 just watch they'll come up with another variant in the fall to put us back to restrictions. :roll:
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

So not to be an alarmist here, but the way this world is going the last of couple years l don't trust anything unfortunately.
But l"m reading reports that China is dealing with the worst outbreak since the pandemic started. :roll: :crazy: don't tell me another major spread of who knows what variant and complete restrictions here again l bet come fall. IMO
Thoughts anyone?
Join us next season
CYCW station
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:25 pm So not to be an alarmist here, but the way this world is going the last of couple years l don't trust anything unfortunately.
But l"m reading reports that China is dealing with the worst outbreak since the pandemic started. :roll: :crazy: don't tell me another major spread of who knows what variant and complete restrictions here again l bet come fall. IMO
Thoughts anyone?
Hong Kong and New Zealand are dealing with severe outbreaks as well. New Zealand is averaging almost 20,000 cases, Hong Kong is reporting 600 cases per 100,000 people per day, on per capita basis that is as bad as London was a few months ago.

this is very much a "it ain't over til it's over" situation :thumbdown:
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

moonshadow0825 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:25 am Hong Kong and New Zealand are dealing with severe outbreaks as well. New Zealand is averaging almost 20,000 cases, Hong Kong is reporting 600 cases per 100,000 people per day, on per capita basis that is as bad as London was a few months ago.

this is very much a "it ain't over til it's over" situation :thumbdown:
Bottom line Mooner it'll never end deal with it get on with life is the only way.
Like all other diseases in this world we have to live with it and stop treating it with kit gloves.
Join us next season
CYCW station