Space The Final Frontier

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Space The Final Frontier

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I've always been interested in space from solar flares to asteroids you name it, post anything you may find interesting regarding space here. :thumbup:
the universe is an interesting topic we are not alone. πŸ‘½ :D
The 6th annual alzheimer's snowfall contest
:team: Canoodles record: 44-18-8
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :wtf:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: Space The Final Frontier

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I found it funny the bickering between NASA and the Russian space agency saying the American astronaut that's due back via the Soyuz space capsule can fly back on their broom sticks
Now word is he will be flying back on Soyuz capsule talk about feeling uneasy.
I think Elon Musk was saying he could prevent the ISS from plummeting back to earth by bumping it a little higher apparently this needs to be done every so often as it slips a liitle out of orbit.
CYCW station
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:41 am I've always been interested in space from solar flares to asteroids you name it, post anything you may find interesting regarding space here. :thumbup:
the universe is an interesting topic we are not alone. πŸ‘½ :D
Judging purely off the title I thought this thread was about Star Trek. :lol:
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:11 pm Judging purely off the title I thought this thread was about Star Trek. :lol:
:lol: It can be anything you want Tspace even Star Trek.
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:08 pm :lol: It can be anything you want Tspace even Star Trek.
Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starfish Enterprise. A Fish out of Water ,his mission,To explore strange new worlds,to seek out new ponds and new spawning grounds . To boldly go where no Sardine has gone before.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:10 pm Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starfish Enterprise. A Fish out of Water ,his mission,To explore strange new worlds,to seek out new ponds and new spawning grounds . To boldly go where no Sardine has gone before.
:lol: yeah feels like that Gumpy bud.
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Well it's looking like Russia will allow the American astronaut to ride home on the Soyuz capsule l mentioned in politics thread that will be one uncomfortable ride back. :shifty:
Not only that but the Russian space angency has changed their tune about NASA's help with the ISS.
CYCW station
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:32 pm Not only that but the Russian space angency has changed their tune about NASA's help with the ISS.
one suspects the inability to get equipment/tools/food will influence minds pretty quickly up there. Unless they are starting a Martian style of gardening they are likely to put political grievances aside.
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
moonshadow0825
Weather Nut
Weather Nut

Post by moonshadow0825 »

Star Trek references aside (and to be on the record, not unhappy if this is about Star Trek) what did you folks think of Oumuamua ?

that's the object astronomers found in 2018 that appeared to accelerate away from Earth.

there's a part of me that would like it to be alien tech, mostly in a "we are not alone" way but the other part of me really hopes it was just a rock that had a weird path as I would not want to see a "we are your new lizard overlords" alien presence :roll: :lol:
:wsnow: :13snow:

Ladner, elevation 4m
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

moonshadow0825 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:19 am one suspects the inability to get equipment/tools/food will influence minds pretty quickly up there. Unless they are starting a Martian style of gardening they are likely to put political grievances aside.
Yeah :lol: agree Moons, sure were like children last week with all the comments made they as in the Russians need the Americans for continued space exploration l don't think they have the capability to go it alone and not only because of rhe sanctions.
I don't think there were any sanctions placed on the Russians space program.
Although everything from soup to nuts has been sanctioned what next toilet paper.
Last edited by SouthSardiswx on Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CYCW station
walthz
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher
Elevation: 5M

Post by walthz »

moonshadow0825 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:27 am Star Trek references aside (and to be on the record, not unhappy if this is about Star Trek) what did you folks think of Oumuamua ?

that's the object astronomers found in 2018 that appeared to accelerate away from Earth.

there's a part of me that would like it to be alien tech, mostly in a "we are not alone" way but the other part of me really hopes it was just a rock that had a weird path as I would not want to see a "we are your new lizard overlords" alien presence :roll: :lol:
It could quite reasonably be automated alien Tech from a billion years ago.
The fact that we find this possibility so astonishing is a poor reflection on us it and doesn't make it any more or less exciting.
It (and its kin) are possibly something we will have no ability to interact with for the foreseeable future.
We always try to rationalize that we are the only conceivable intelligence in the universe, but I think we should open ourselves a little bit to the possibility of finding scraps from other civilizations.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

walthz wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:49 pm It could quite reasonably be automated alien Tech from a billion years ago.
The fact that we find this possibility so astonishing is a poor reflection on us it and doesn't make it any more or less exciting.
It (and its kin) are possibly something we will have no ability to interact with for the foreseeable future.
We always try to rationalize that we are the only conceivable intelligence in the universe, but I think we should open ourselves a little bit to the possibility of finding scraps from other civilizations.
Yes l remembered that Walt & Moony, it was indeed a fascinating story. It does make you think other than an asteroid what else could it have been, Was an asteroid ruled out? I'd have to dig further to find out.
While at work quite often l listen to Coast to Coast with George Noory lots of fascinating programming on subjects like this.
When Art Bell was alive and hosted the show it was just as wild and awesome.
CYCW station
walthz
Cloud Watcher
Cloud Watcher
Elevation: 5M

Post by walthz »

SouthSardiswx wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:43 pm Yes l remembered that Walt & Moony, it was indeed a fascinating story. It does make you think other than an asteroid what else could it have been, Was an asteroid ruled out? I'd have to dig further to find out.
While at work quite often l listen to Coast to Coast with George Noory lots of fascinating programming on subjects like this.
When Art Bell was alive and hosted the show it was just as wild and awesome.
I'm not aware that anything was actually "ruled out," but Avi Loeb is one of the more "traditionally" competent Astrophysicists who has opined that natural explanations are less robust. Months afterwards another odd "asteroid" was detected exhibiting similar behaviors, and they were able to work backwards through its orbital activity and determine that the 2nd "asteroid" was a piece of our own space junk. This makes the tech explanation even more plausible.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:26 pm :lol: yeah feels like that Gumpy bud.
Looks like John has been abducted by Aliens,not to probe him but for him to probe them. They also asked John for instructions on how to invest in creepy currencies.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:10 pm Looks like John has been abducted by Aliens,not to probe him but for him to probe them. They also asked John for instructions on how to invest in creepy currencies.
:lol: he seems awfully quiet these day's probably getting ready for a forum invasion anyday.
CYCW station