August 2022 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Re: August 2022 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:05 pm I felt a nip
Only for a moment, and the moment's gone
Just one breeze
Pass before my eyes, a curiosity

Chill in the wind
I just felt a nip in the wind
:lol: l'm thinking Teez felt that way for a moment then the moments gone dust in Fort St John all we are is dust in Fort St. John.
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator
Elevation: 162 M./532 ft.

Post by Roberts Creeker »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:12 pm Corporal Goose will not be pleased with this Ms. Inaccuratetempcreeks. :sherlock: :cops:
It's a pleasant 24c @ the pond in south Sardis with afew clouds along the mountain tops in the central valley.
Can a nil temperature be inaccurate??? hmmmm
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator

Roberts Creeker wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 pm I wonder if all this heat broke the stations. Sechelt is not giving any readings tonight as of 6 pm.

22.7c still 26.3 inside. Wednesday has a high of 18c gotta go find all my winter gear and pile the blankets back on the bed. :lol: :lol:
It's back up!!! and has readings for the missing hour. :clap: :clap:

currently 20.8c in Sechelt, high of 25.4c
currently 20.3 in Roberts Creek.
Roberts Creeker
Donator
Donator

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:22 pm Yesterday all my readings were so accurate,
Now it looks as if there incorrect.
Oh l believe in Yesterday.

t's looking like some possible precip mid week then the heat monster may return. :sick: :x
I'm thinking that precip is as likely to fall as snow in winter...which is to say most unlikely. EC keeps dwindling the chances of it, now down to 40% day and 60%evening chance of showers from rain :(
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Roberts Creeker wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:29 pm Can a nil temperature be inaccurate??? hmmmm
Good meteorological question Ms. Smartycreeks, unfortunately that theory could never be tested in SW B.C. since it rarely happens. :thumbup:
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Roberts Creeker wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:33 pm I'm thinking that precip is as likely to fall as snow in winter...which is to say most unlikely. EC keeps dwindling the chances of it, now down to 40% day and 60%evening chance of showers from rain :(
Geesh sounds just like a winter forecast chances of snow keeps getting pushed back or drying up. :o
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Here's a sliver of Cheese for my forum friends.
taken Saturday evening in Rosedale.😋
20220731_210954.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Geesh Treturn, l looked up some photos on the highway widening east of Golden it's a huge project and goes for several kilometers it looks like aot of the widening will be bridges as part of the 4 laning. Are there some areas further east that were completed already? you drove through there right?
Join us next season
CYCW station
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:53 pm Geesh Treturn, l looked up some photos on the highway widening east of Golden it's a huge project and goes for several kilometers it looks like aot of the widening will be bridges as part of the 4 laning. Are there some areas further east that were completed already? you drove through there right?
Yeah that's the part through the Kicking Horse River canyon a few km east of Golden. Drove through it. It's part of the long running gradual Hwy 1 twinning project from Kamloops to the Alberta border. They already twinned Hwy 1 between Golden and where the stretch through the canyon begins about a decade ago. Also if you remember, that stretch through the canyon has always been among the slowest, windiest and least safe stretches of Hwy 1 in the province.

Not close to being completed yet as they're still blasting and building new large and extensive bridges over edges of the canyon, similar to what construction crews did on parts of Hwy 99 when they undertook that massive project prior to the Olympics.

If they ever decide to twin Hwy 1 from Hope to Kamloops thru the canyon one day it would likely be similar since the terrain is comparable.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:33 pm Yeah that's the part through the Kicking Horse River canyon a few km east of Golden. Drove through it. It's part of the long running gradual Hwy 1 twinning project from Kamloops to the Alberta border. They already twinned Hwy 1 between Golden and where the stretch through the canyon begins about a decade ago. Also if you remember, that stretch through the canyon has always been among the slowest, windiest and least safe stretches of Hwy 1 in the province.

Not close to being completed yet as they're still blasting and building new large and extensive bridges over edges of the canyon, similar to what construction crews did on parts of Hwy 99 when they undertook that massive project prior to the Olympics.

If they ever decide to twin Hwy 1 from Hope to Kamloops thru the canyon one day it would likely be similar since the terrain is comparable.
Yes agree amazing and longggg over due it would never be completed in my life time. Valley to Kamloops Highway 1.
What did you think of the 100 mile to Begbie summit widening? that's a very nice stretch now. I also enjoy the Willy's Puddle to 100 Mile stretch the scenery and the longest lake in the Cariboo Lac La Hache.
Always dislike the last day coming home but it has to be done, gotta get back to work to save up for next trip.
Join us next season
CYCW station
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:42 pm Yes agree amazing and longggg over due it would never be completed in my life time. Valley to Kamloops Highway 1.
What did you think of the 100 mile to Begbie summit widening? that's a very nice stretch now. I also enjoy the Willy's Puddle to 100 Mile stretch the scenery and the longest lake in the Cariboo Lac La Hache.
Hwy 1 would've likely been twinned from Hope to Kamloops had Hwy 5 never have been built. Sad to see what has happened to once busy small towns and small businesses along that stretch in the years following Hwy 5 was built.

Yeah, that stretch along Hwy 97 is very nice now, especially since there's always been a decent amount of traffic in the area. I don't remember when they completed it but I believe it was less than a decade ago? I also thought there was supposed to be a plan to twin Hwy 97 from Cache Creek to Prince George (gradually, like Hwy 1 from Kamloops to the Alberta border), but I think that's been put on the backburner now since there was no sign of any construction along any stretches, unlike Hwy 1.
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Typeing3 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:51 pm Hwy 1 would've likely been twinned from Hope to Kamloops had Hwy 5 never have been built. Sad to see what has happened to once busy small towns and small businesses along that stretch in the years following Hwy 5 was built.

Yeah, that stretch along Hwy 97 is very nice now, especially since there's always been a decent amount of traffic in the area. I don't remember when they completed it but I believe it was less than a decade ago? I also thought there was supposed to be a plan to twin Hwy 97 from Cache Creek to Prince George (gradually, like Hwy 1 from Kamloops to the Alberta border), but I think that's been put on the backburner now since there was no sign of any construction along any stretches, unlike Hwy 1.
Yes your correct there were signs up just north of Cache Creek, if there not up anymore then yes it's on hold. :!: yes it's true the Canyon back when l was growing up was the major route to the lower mainland for vacationers. Now alot of those towns are just shells especially the smaller ones Yale to Cache Creek. Lytton burning down doesn't help Clinton to Willy's Puddle is holding it's own but not much as far as increased population or visitors. Begbie summit to 100 Mile widening was finished after 2013 my guess, driving up to Brother and Sister inlaws in Willy's Puddle l noticed it's progress. Also lots of motels and lakeside cabins aren't very busy anymore in the Cariboo.
It's 19c @ the pond in south Sardis might need to turn the pond heater on tonight. :x
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Sent you a PM Tbud.
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Welp, finally E.C. has taken down the heat hump warning l don't why it wasn't removed 24 hours ago. So the slightly over the heat hump is done. Still waffling back and forth on 60% of showers on Wednesday night/Thursday for John's entertainment. Perhaps like Lucy will pull the football or in this case showers out at the last second. Conditions improve later in the week perhaps temps back up close to 30c. :thumbup:
Below E.C. pulling the showers out at the last second. :D much like snow/cold in the winter.
iu-27.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Join us next season
CYCW station
Hound
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Hound »

And finally today we get relief! Outstanding! Feels soooo good! :clap:
North Surrey/Fraser Heights
Elevation - 85 M./278 Ft.