Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Re: Sports Talk

Post by PortKells »

Decent trade. I really wish Bo had got to go to a contender for his sake but the Isles suck and are old. They likely still miss playoffs in the East, its an insane competition. However getting their pick could be amazing, if it lands in the 13-15th zone this year or is unprotected next year. Not sure which scenario I prefer actually.

Raty projects as a good 3 C or potentially a decent 2 C. Needs to work on his skating. We have no other young centers with this upside. Hopefully our draft pick this year yields a 2C/1C (Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson please!) and a good d-man with the Isles pick.

Beauvillier is a reclamation project, wish his contract didn't go to next year, now we're stuck with another overpriced winger.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

PortKells wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:59 am Decent trade. I really wish Bo had got to go to a contender for his sake but the Isles suck and are old. They likely still miss playoffs in the East, its an insane competition. However getting their pick could be amazing, if it lands in the 13-15th zone this year or is unprotected next year. Not sure which scenario I prefer actually.

Raty projects as a good 3 C or potentially a decent 2 C. Needs to work on his skating. We have no other young centers with this upside. Hopefully our draft pick this year yields a 2C/1C (Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson please!) and a good d-man with the Isles pick.

Beauvillier is a reclamation project, wish his contract didn't go to next year, now we're stuck with another overpriced winger.
The Tank is on!!
Afte analyzing it I didn't mind the trade either. It was better getting a 1st rounder from the islanders than a top team,regardless of which year they pick . My preference is picking this year 13-17th slot,so does a draft expert I was listening to. Aatu Ruutu D2 sounds like a good prospect with upside , and Beauvillier is a good player that they could even flip at the deadline considering he is a good playoff performer.

Let's hope this is the first of several dominoes to fall.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:03 pm The Tank is on!!
Afte analyzing it I didn't mind the trade either. It was better getting a 1st rounder from the islanders than a top team,regardless of which year they pick . My preference is picking this year 13-17th slot,so does a draft expert I was listening to. Aatu Ruutu D2 sounds like a good prospect with upside , and Beauvillier is a good player that they could even flip at the deadline considering he is a good playoff performer.

With this new prospect R2-D2 All we need is the Millenium Falcon Hawk and where good to go skipper. :thumbup:
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:03 pm The Tank is on!!

I'm with you. More trades please, this team is beyond stale.

Just not Demko :cry:
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Heard the all star game was a disaster l don't even bother with that whole weekend Schick.
I liked it when it was just east vs west a one and done game years ago.
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Nice loss vs the Rags tonight, hopefully Bo sticks it to us tomorrow. Nice to see Podkolzin gets his first of the year finally.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Nice win over the Horvat Islanders :silent: Might've been Miller's and Boeser's best game this year. Hopefully the 4pts by Boeser increases his trade value. Will Tocchet get the best out of the top players? Hope so,but hopefully it isn't good enough for too many wins for the sake of team tank. Goaltending will probably play a factor in favour of team tank.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:53 pm Nice win over the Horvat Islanders :silent: Might've been Miller's and Boeser's best game this year. Hopefully the 4pts by Boeser increases his trade value. Will Tocchet get the best out of the top players? Hope so,but hopefully it isn't good enough for too many wins for the sake of team tank. Goaltending will probably play a factor in favour of team tank.
I'm all in or is it all out skipper :wtf: you didn't update the goal total for the South Sardine dynasties. :shifty: :neener:
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Forrest Gump wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:53 pm Nice win over the Horvat Islanders :silent: Might've been Miller's and Boeser's best game this year. Hopefully the 4pts by Boeser increases his trade value. Will Tocchet get the best out of the top players? Hope so,but hopefully it isn't good enough for too many wins for the sake of team tank. Goaltending will probably play a factor in favour of team tank.
Demko coming back soon is ominous. So far Tocchet getting good efforts out of his guys. Hopefully we can offload some guys to further weaken the squad but...when you have prime Pettersson you're going to win some games.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

I was thinking he played for the Kanhackers but it was Troy Gamble later, sad story nonetheless.

On February 8th, 1972, Flyers goalie Bruce Gamble suffered a heart attack while in net vs. the Canucks, and went on to finish the game.
After the game and after reaching Oakland with the team, Gamble complained of chest pains and was sent to an Oakland hospital. It was found out that Gamble had suffered a heart attack during the Vancouver game and with this heart attack, it ended his career abruptly.
The netminder, who was born with a congenital heart condition, passed away 10 years later from a heart attack shortly after practicing for an old-timer's game in which he was slated to play in net.
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Man..were tied with the friggin coyotes now :shock: :lol:
This team needs a Bedard but also so much more.
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

PortKells wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:09 pm Man..were tied with the friggin coyotes now :shock: :lol:
This team needs a Bedard but also so much more.
Great news TBH just need to get Columbass going.
Join us next season
CYCW station
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:11 pm Great news TBH just need to get Columbass going.
I think 5th last would be realistic. We need Montreal and San Jose to keep putting up points. I personally doubt Arizona stays hot after they dump good players.
Typeing3
Weather Psycho
Weather Psycho
Elevation: 25M./80Ft.

Post by Typeing3 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fight breaks out at Canucks practice, Quinn Hughes “visibly upset”
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/fig ... ibly-upset
It's been an absolutely nightmarish season for the Vancouver Canucks.

Not only is the team 27th in the NHL's standings, but they've traded away their captain and it looks like even more members of the team's core will be traded ahead of the league's March 3rd trade deadline.

So... they're lousy, their players want out of town and they managed to get their coach fired... what else could go wrong?

Oh, I guess they could start fighting each other in practice.

But that would never happen, right?

Sit tight.

According to Canucks insider Brendan Batchelor, Canucks forward Dakota Joshua and superstar defenseman Quinn Hughes got into a bit of an altercation at practice this morning leaving Hughes "visibly upset".

Check it out:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BatchHockey/ ... 5476603904
:typing: :type3:
East Coquitlam
Elevation 25M (80Ft)
#MrJanuary :geek: 8-)
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser

Post by PortKells »

Typeing3 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:23 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fight breaks out at Canucks practice, Quinn Hughes “visibly upset”
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/fig ... ibly-upset
Oh f*** me get out of here Dakota Joshua.