Sports Talk

Discuss any and everything here, like Sports, Gas Prices, Music, Faith, etc.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Re: Sports Talk

Post by Forrest Gump »

Looks like Kevin Cheveldayoff managed to escape the wrath of the NHL. Right or wrong ?
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 3 Ft

Post by Weather101 »

Sportsnet posted this:

It’s a drawing that took 54 hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All about them Cowboys !!! 🤠 🤠
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

It's crazy that Patrick Marleau played more games than Gordie Howe despite missing the full season in 2005, the lockout in 2012/13, and two shortened Covid seasons.

I take it that Marleau's career is done now. He hasn't officially retired, but he's not playing this year that I've found.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Forrest Gump wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:59 pm Looks like Kevin Cheveldayoff managed to escape the wrath of the NHL. Right or wrong ?
Statement by the nhl

No further discipline will be handed out to Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff per the findings of the Jenner & Block Report.

NHL Statement:

“After meeting today in person with Winnipeg Jets General Manager, Kevin Cheveldayoff, the National Hockey League has concluded that Cheveldayoff was not responsible for the improper decisions made by the Chicago Blackhawks related to the Brad Aldrich matter in 2010, which decisions resulted in the Club’s delayed and inadequate response to a report of serious, inappropriate conduct as between Aldrich and Blackhawks’ prospect, Kyle Beach.

“While on some level, it would be easiest to paint everyone with any association to this terrible matter with the same broad brush, I believe that fundamental fairness requires a more in-depth analysis of the role of each person,” said Commissioner Gary Bettman. “Kevin Cheveldayoff was not a member of the Blackhawks senior leadership team in 2010, and I cannot, therefore, assign to him responsibility for the Club’s actions, or inactions. He provided a full account of his degree of involvement in the matter, which was limited exclusively to his attendance at a single meeting, and I found him to be extremely forthcoming and credible in our discussion.”

As the Jenner & Block Report, subsequent review by the League this week, and today’s interview with Cheveldayoff make clear, Cheveldayoff’s participation at the May 23, 2010, meeting involving senior leaders from the Blackhawks’ management team was extremely limited in scope and substance. In fact, in the course of the investigation, most of the participants in the May 23 meeting did not initially recall that Cheveldayoff was even present.

As an Assistant General Manager at the time, Cheveldayoff, who reported directly to Stan Bowman, was the lowest ranking Club official in the room, and his position included no oversight responsibilities over the Club’s coaching staff. He was among the last to be included in the meeting; he was learning of the subject matter for the first time in the presence of his boss (then-GM Stan Bowman), his boss’ boss (then-CEO John McDonough) and the Head Coach (Joel Quenneville), who was Brad Aldrich’s direct superior; he had limited familiarity with the personnel involved; and he was essentially an observer to the discussion of possible next steps, which discussion, apparently, ended with Cheveldayoff believing that the matter was going to be investigated.

Cheveldayoff’s role within the Blackhawks’ organization at the time not only left him without authority to make appropriate organizational decisions relating to this matter, but as importantly, he was not thereafter even in a position to have sufficient information to assess whether or not the matter was being adequately addressed by the Blackhawks. In short, Cheveldayoff was not a participant in either the formulation or execution of the Club’s response.

Given these findings, the NHL has determined that Kevin Cheveldayoff should not be subject to discipline in the Brad Aldrich matter.
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Super early but the great 8 is leading the league
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Canucks lay another egg, pathetic, popgun offence, bring back Tony Tanti and Darcy Rota.
dd9knm4-729b6e64-4e16-466c-9797-b80a171e33e5.gif
source (1).gif
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:44 pm Canucks lay another egg, pathetic, popgun offence, bring back Tony Tanti and Darcy Rota.

dd9knm4-729b6e64-4e16-466c-9797-b80a171e33e5.gifsource (1).gif
:lol: agreed somethings terribly wrong 😕 nice to see Markstrom is playing well in Cowtown.
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:40 pm :lol: agreed somethings terribly wrong 😕 nice to see Markstrom is playing well in Cowtown.
Nothing is wrong bro the team just sucks lol I hate to say it but I have no other words right now to explain this team…

Markstorm is a beast! 3 shutouts in 4 games
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:40 pm :lol: agreed somethings terribly wrong 😕 nice to see Markstrom is playing well in Cowtown.
Whoever came up with the saying "The more things change the more they stay the Same" is an absolute genius.

Now they have to win the next 4 games to salvage a winning record on this home stand,good luck with that. Slow starts to a season is usually a recipe for disaster,very rarely can a team do what st.louis did 3 yrs ago.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Weather101
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Weather101 »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:41 am Whoever came up with the saying "The more things change the more they stay the Same" is an absolute genius.

Now they have to win the next 4 games to salvage a winning record on this home stand,good luck with that. Slow starts to a season is usually a recipe for disaster,very rarely can a team do what st.louis did 3 yrs ago.
The thing is the blues actually had good talent on there team. I’m not saying the Canucks don’t because they do but the blues have always been well coached. The Canucks have shown us nothing to think they can go on a huge run.

They won’t win the next 4. I’m happy if they just win 2 lol
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Weather101 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:14 pm The thing is the blues actually had good talent on there team. I’m not saying the Canucks don’t because they do but the blues have always been well coached. The Canucks have shown us nothing to think they can go on a huge run.

They won’t win the next 4. I’m happy if they just win 2 lol
I just threw that in to say how rare it is for ANY team to do what st.louis did,in other words they can't afford to get behind the 8 ball this early in the season .

Can't quite figure out if you're a canucks fan or not from your last statement, I thought you weren't.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:41 am Whoever came up with the saying "The more things change the more they stay the Same" is an absolute genius.

Even my Lions are loosing, Whitecraps have really turned it around since returning to BC Place.
Join us next season
CYCW station
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

SouthSardiswx wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:53 pm Even my Lions are loosing, Whitecraps have really turned it around since returning to BC Place.
I've lost alot of interest in the CFL in recent years, I'll watch some lions games but never any other CFL games. Lions looking alot like the Canucks, mediocre. To be honest I'm finding NHL hockey kinda boring lately as well. Way too much emphasize on defensive systems , too much shot blocking, too much back checking therefore not many odd man rushes,and goalies are too big with oversized equipment. When is the last time you saw someone breaking down the wing and scoring on a slap shot? Exactly, it has gone the way of the dodo bird, although JT Miller still tries the odd time . Todays Players in general are faster and have more skill but there's something missing. Now if every team had a Mcdavid then the excitement level would definitely increase,at least for me anyways. I don't watch much of the other NHL games, unless I'm in a hockey pool, that tends to make it a little more interesting.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:20 pm I've lost alot of interest in the CFL in recent years, I'll watch some lions games but never any other CFL games. Lions looking alot like the Canucks, mediocre. To be honest I'm finding NHL hockey kinda boring lately as well. Way too much emphasize on defensive systems , too much shot blocking, too much back checking therefore not many odd man rushes,and goalies are too big with oversized equipment. When is the last time you saw someone breaking down the wing and scoring on a slap shot? Exactly, it has gone the way of the dodo bird, although JT Miller still tries the odd time . Todays Players in general are faster and have more skill but there's something missing. Now if every team had a Mcdavid then the excitement level would definitely increase,at least for me anyways. I don't watch much of the other NHL games, unless I'm in a hockey pool, that tends to make it a little more interesting.
Breaking down the wing and scoring on a snapshot? you at the Kerrisdale arena. :lol: l hear ya l think the reason l still follow the Lions is just the memories of my dad taking me to old Empire to watch the Lions.
Paul Brothers, Ted Gerela, Jim Evenson, Bill Lasseter.
Remember Lasseters den on Broadway @ Cambie that's who owned it played for the Lions Bill Lasseter.
Join us next season
CYCW station
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Looking forward to an epic winter to make up for a laclustre hockey season. And Gumpsters not back by popular demand, the not so prime time comedy show. :drunk:
Join us next season
CYCW station