April 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Weather reports, analysis etc. pertaining to Southern BC.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Re: April 2020 Forecasts and Discussions

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 am I don't understand. We've just begun slowing the virus. A deadlier second wave would cause another shutdown and obliterate our economy. This is something that EXPERTS in the field of epidemiology almost unanimously agree is their biggest worry. For reference, look up the Spanish Flu. Although the war obviously compounded that.

China is only taking over the economy because we've completely agreed to it. Do you buy everything local? Do you tell your friends and family about the accumulative effect of everybody buying cheap Chinese stuff? Also, Coronavirus has not benefitted China's economy either, and they are already suffereing their second wave in the North.

Sorry for going off topic everybody. In weather terms, I'm happy to get some rain for the farm here this week, as much as its been super nice lately.

You’re as much an expert as me I’m just seeing European countries relaxing some of the rules and they’ve been hit much harder than us in fact we’ve hardly been hit here in BC thankfully

I don’t like the fear factor about all of this and I definitely don’t like people losing their businesses and jobs there is a serious price to pay for this
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

John wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:33 am You’re as much an expert as me I’m just seeing European countries relaxing some of the rules and they’ve been hit much harder than us in fact we’ve hardly been hit here in BC thankfully

I don’t like the fear factor about all of this and I definitely don’t like people losing their businesses and jobs there is a serious price to pay for this
John. I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm following what the majority of leading epidemiologists are saying, just like with other important issues - Climate change for example.

Fear is not a bad thing. This whole "the only thing to fear is fear itself" idea is hogwash. We've evolved and adapted over hundreds of thousands of years to have fear as a biological response to the various threats that nature throws at us.

People losing businesses and jobs does suck, I'll agree with you 100 percent. But if we didn't do this, there would be a humanitarian crisis. Thousands of people dying daily including health care workers. Dying alone, without adequate medical care because the system is overwhelmed. Most people see that as a worse option, no matter how much this sucks. People in Italy expressed regret about not taking it seriously. Thank goodness we didn't have to go through that. Not to mention, who would want to go out and work in that situation anyways? I sure as heck wouldn't.
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 11 m

Post by Canada Goose »

Back to weather discussions...

24.6C in Ashcroft yesterday, highest Tx in BC so far.
Glacier
Model Rider
Model Rider
Elevation: 545m/1788 ft

Post by Glacier »

Nice in Saskatchewan and western North Dakota too. Not so nice in Manitoba and eastern North Dakota though...
EWJaWWmXkAIQvEY.jpg
EWJb91PUMAAg4OK.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Canada Goose »

Glacier wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:53 am Nice in Saskatchewan and western North Dakota too. Not so nice in Manitoba and eastern North Dakota though...
etats_unis_now.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by John »

PortKells wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:38 am John. I'm not claiming to be an expert. I'm following what the majority of leading epidemiologists are saying, just like with other important issues - Climate change for example.

Fear is not a bad thing. This whole "the only thing to fear is fear itself" idea is hogwash. We've evolved and adapted over hundreds of thousands of years to have fear as a biological response to the various threats that nature throws at us.

People losing businesses and jobs does suck, I'll agree with you 100 percent. But if we didn't do this, there would be a humanitarian crisis. Thousands of people dying daily including health care workers. Dying alone, without adequate medical care because the system is overwhelmed. Most people see that as a worse option, no matter how much this sucks. People in Italy expressed regret about not taking it seriously. Thank goodness we didn't have to go through that. Not to mention, who would want to go out and work in that situation anyways? I sure as heck wouldn't.
I am also following the experts just like you

But I don’t agree with your assessment of fear and fear it’s been put into us by main stream media and other people profiting from that.

The weather has been beautiful lately
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

John wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:47 pm I am also following the experts just like you

But I don’t agree with your assessment of fear and fear it’s been put into us by main stream media and other people profiting from that.

The weather has been beautiful lately
John and Mr.Kells you both have valid points and l enjoyed the reads. I don't mind some rainfall my rain bucket needs some love.
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
PortKells
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
Elevation: 78m

Post by PortKells »

Dark clouds coming in.
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast
Elevation: 377 Ft. or 115 M

Post by Forrest Gump »

Not sure if anybody watches Legends of Tomorrow (I don't) but I will tonight as my 3 yr old granddaughter makes her acting debut. :clap: :D
9pm on the CW channel, unfortunately it's not high def with Shaw but better than nothing.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
SouthSardiswx
Donator
Donator

Post by SouthSardiswx »

Forrest Gump wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:13 pm Not sure if anybody watches Legends of Tomorrow (I don't) but I will tonight as my 3 yr old granddaughter makes her acting debut. :clap: :D
9pm on the CW channel, unfortunately it's not high def with Shaw but better than nothing.
Awesome Grump bud, l don't get CW @ work but will for sure on demand it on my day's off this week. :clap: :thumbup: :wave: stay safe my friend and all my weather friends we will get through this together. Dr. Bonnie Henry rocks!
Join us next season
:team: Cannot's are Pacific Division Champs!
:gramps: Wrinkle Rockers: 43cm :cry:
:hockey: South Sardines: 57cm :trophy:
CYCW station
https://cycw.awos.live/local-weather
stuffradio
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by stuffradio »

Looks like rain
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Canada Goose »

Burke Mountain rain gauge is showing 0 mm since this morning, which is impossible I think (according to the radar).
Here in Downtown PoCo, it has been raining since last night. :eh:
Canada Goose
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Canada Goose »

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Canada Goose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:49 pm Image
Nice, we get the bronze medal. Better than nothing I guess...considering there's no sports to watch.

Good to see the rain back as it was getting too dry out there in forest land. But even a wet May doesn't guarantee that we won't get forest fire problems in the summer.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm
Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Weather Enthusiast

Post by Forrest Gump »

Sardisbcwx wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:55 pm Awesome Grump bud, l don't get CW @ work but will for sure on demand it on my day's off this week. :clap: :thumbup: :wave: stay safe my friend and all my weather friends we will get through this together. Dr. Bonnie Henry rocks!
It was a brilliant 3 second performance with her trademark smile :clap: , for what they wanted they couldn't have asked for a better shot.
I miss holding and playing with her,and making her laugh. :(
Otherwise the show itself is garbage. :lol: , no wonder it's not on any major networks.
Gumperoni 43cm
Sardineski 47cm